RANT Broncos Realistic Spine options for the Next year or so

To be fair, I'm not complaining about signing him, we need cheap depth players but we shouldn't be breaking the bank to get a depth guy coming back from a serious knee injury either. I have no idea what he is on at the Tigers but I'm just worried that he might be on 300k and we'll pay all of that when he is worth no more than base wage.

Again, all speculation of course, but if he wasn't the coach's son, would we be bending over backwards to bring him in?

TBF, i'm not sure we are bending over backwards ... if we were we would have given in to the Tigers demands to gain a release for him ... as it is we're simply waiting for him to be off contract (end of this season) before signing him ... in which case it doesn't really matter what he's on at the Tigers (i doubt he is on much more than a depth contract there anyway, they wouldn't be able to afford it given the Mbye and Brooks contracts)

TBF, i'm not sure we are bending over backwards ... if we were we would have given in to the Tigers demands to gain a release for him ... as it is we're simply waiting for him to be off contract (end of this season) before signing him ... in which case it doesn't really matter what he's on at the Tigers (i doubt he is on much more than a depth contract there anyway, they wouldn't be able to afford it given the Mbye and Brooks contracts)

As far as I'm aware, he is contracted to the end of 22. If he is off contract the end of this year, all good but from his interviews where he said he wanted to come to the Broncs, I'm 99.9% sure he said he was contracted there for next season too.

As far as I'm aware, he is contracted to the end of 22. If he is off contract the end of this year, all good but from his interviews where he said he wanted to come to the Broncs, I'm 99.9% sure he said he was contracted there for next season too.

zero tackle has him off contract this year

and so does NRL.com

But at the the same time, if you are bringing in your 27 year old fringe first-grade son as the halves saviour, well that isn't going to end well.
He would be coming in for halves depth, but most likely he would be the 14 off the bench, which we do actually need.

He can provide coverage for halves and hooker off the bench... and if his defence is any good he could also play some limited minutes as a ball playing lock, with Turps also on the field.

The other options are:
- Paix (who I'd like to see staying in Qcup)
- Gamble (who'd I'd be happy to see in the team... maybe he can't play DH for shit?)
- Hetherington (another I'd be happy to leave in ISC to develop his game... probably doesn't cover halves)
- Milf (should stay in qcup to get some form back... he'd likely be a liability defending in the middle as well)

I'd say at the moment Asiata is playing the utility role, but he doesn't spend any time at DH... maybe he can if needed, but Kevvie wants Turps to play 80 and is getting minutes into him to see if he can. Mahoney was pretty limited in attack his whole career until this year, and he was initially playing 60mins and needing a break, but now he's absolutely lighting it up.

To be honest I would be happy to see Gamble get a run, but he probably comes onto the bench for either Riki or Bull.

The site has Gamble as 189cm and 95kg, and when he came on last year (games before he concussed himself) I recall him being active in the middle of the field, pushing the line speed and being big enough to put some hits on.

He plays half and he looks to have the body shape to cover 2nd row, center and probably lock in the current NRL... if he can also provide relief for Turps then he could be a very handy utility that doesn't break the bank, but there would be other guys on the site that know him better than me after watching him for years in ISC.

Gamble has been playing well for Norths, who are currently undefeated, honestly the kind of player we could use as a Bench playmaking Lock(With Asiata starting) who can cover for the halves if an injury happens.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • GCBRONCO
  • I bleed Maroon
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Justwin
  • something
  • MrMoore
  • Skathen
  • thenry
  • johnny plath
  • Mustafur
  • Dash
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Financeguy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • FACTHUNT
  • Cavalo
  • ezpz
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.