OFFICIAL Broncos release Andrew McCullough

I'm willing to see what a full season of Turpin at 9 looks like first, but he needs to be a 80 min hooker ASAP, lower interchange coming next year we can't afford to have a spot on the bench taken by another hooker.

I dont think he is just servicable, but i dont think he is as good as he is made out to be either ( and thats not me knocking him ). He is an awesome competitor, never gives up anything but he is benefiting by not being Macca. I reckon by the end of next year there will be plenty of people wanting us to upgrade him if he doesnt add more to his game.

100%.

Hopefully he kicks on but the not being macca thing is definitely contributing to peoples inflated views of him. Pretty sure no other teams fans are wishing they had him.

All the best Macca congratulations on a good career and being a loyal servant to the Broncos. Glad he swallowed his pride and realised he was hindering younger players coming through.

This is a guy who came into the role back when a Dummy Half who could get through 80 minutes and tackle all day was all most clubs could ask for in the role.

I think that happened a number of years after McCullough's debut. He actually came in when everyone was trying to have their own Cam Smith.

It's a good example of his attitude right there. I'll always have a soft spot for players that "fight to the end", and he had that in spades.
Fortunenately, his successor seems of a similar ilk, but that kind of attitude won't go astray in a gifted but sometimes flakes Newcastle side.
You probably be sure he will hit round 3 in full fitness. That's something I fear in the likes of Milford and others.

With Newcastle's main hooker being injured it made sense for them to sign Macca for the year, but I don't think it's the right team for him either way. He'll help the defence, but in attack they just need someone who can get the ball to Pearce as quickly as possible and go for a nice run when there's an advantage.

With Newcastle's main hooker being injured it made sense for them to sign Macca for the year, but I don't think it's the right team for him either way. He'll help the defence, but in attack they just need someone who can get the ball to Pearce as quickly as possible and go for a nice run when there's an advantage.
But that's Macca to a T

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Fatboy
  • Brocko
  • Harry Sack
  • LittleDavey
  • Johnny92
  • Mr Fourex
  • BroncoFan94
  • MrTickyMcG
  • broncos4life
  • Nerd
  • Organix
  • Shane Tronc
  • Browny
  • Waynesaurus
  • bazza
  • Fozz
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncsgoat
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.