OFFICIAL Broncos release Andrew McCullough

FaceOfMutiny

FaceOfMutiny

NYC Player
Nov 7, 2013
Club Statement: Andrew McCullough
broncos.com.au
Thu 21 May 2020, 03:04 PM

The Brisbane Broncos today confirm they have released Andrew McCullough from his 2020 contract effective immediately.

McCullough has been a part of the Broncos’ system since he was 13 years of age, playing in the National Youth Competition under-20s team, before making his NRL debut in Round 10 of 2008 against Cronulla.

McCullough has played 260 NRL matches for the Broncos, and represented Queensland in three State of Origin matches in 2018.

Chief executive Paul White thanked McCulllough for his tireless service to the Broncos.

“We wish Andrew and Carlie all the best in what will be a new and exciting opportunity for them,” said White.

“He has been a favourite son of the Broncos for a long period of time and has always been so well respected by his fellow players and staff.

“It is a sad day for the Broncos to see him depart Brisbane, but he will always be welcome back here at the club.”

Source: https://www.broncos.com.au/news/202...AHKEim5u_TagQscZbp5AzvLBH8LmCQeL0-CAMJ_380Byw

All the best Macca, and congratulations on your career with the Broncs.

I was never really a great fan, but the lad always gave his all and had an impeccable attitude.

I'm not gonna lie, I have been hoping this day would come for some time now. The fella just never kicked on from his early days, never reached that next level.

Last edited:
On one hand this is clearly great news, he's surplus to needs with the emergence of Turpin, will also ease a bit of salary cap pressure to allow us to retain Fifita & co.

On the other hand, he's been with the club for such a long time, can't really say a bad word about him, worked his ass off and gave it his all.

All the best @Macca

YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!

Last edited:
So who's the lucky club that gets him? Titans? Warriors?

Where is he going?
Bad mouth him all you want, he was always the consummate professional and his work ethic is above excellent. I really hope Turpin doesn't slack off now he is gone.

Where is he going?
Bad mouth him all you want, he was always the consummate professional and his work ethic is above excellent. I really hope Turpin doesn't slack off now he is gone.
He doesn't deserve to be bad mouthed and I don't take any enjoyment in seeing him go, he had the right attitude and was a professional you want from your players. I understand and support the argument he was no longer suitable in the role of dummy half here at the Broncos and tough decisions have to be made, but you can still do it in a respectable way.

Literally the best day ever!

This and #ReleaseTheSnydetCut has finally seen the announcement of Zack Snyder's Justice League directors cut is finally coming.

Best day ever

Between Boyd retiring and Macca gone, I think we'll keep who we want to keep outside of a ridiculous Dragons - Hunt / Titans - Taylor situation.

This is a strange one though. The Knights have signed him for this season to cover for Brayley‘s ACL. Macca had an option for next year here. Is this going to be another Kahu situation?

Unread

Active Now

• Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.