Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just find it funny that the biggest club in the world of rugby league can't get any players they don't want to leave and can't attract any players they do want to come while even St George, the Titans and Bulldogs can.
It's enough to make you cry. The biggest issue for us ever turning this around is that the Broncos make money by just existing. The only way they would change things would be if they started making a loss because it is all they care about but unfortunately it just won't happen. I legitimately think we are looking at being bottom 4 best case scenario for at least the next 5 years.

Last edited:
It's enough to make you cry. The biggest issue for us ever turning this around is that the Broncos make money by just existing. The only way they would change things would be if they started making a loss because it is all they care about but unfortunately it just won't happen. I legitimately think we are looking at being bottom 4 best case scenario for at least the next 5 years.

It certainly doesn't look promising but once Donutman comes in, hopefully things will start to change. Next year is likely to be another extremely rough one. Who would have thought there would be a worse CEO than Cullen, the worst coach in the history of sport and the worst medical team in existence outside of Dr. Nick, plus a truly incompetent board including a club legend all at the same time?

It certainly doesn't look promising but once Donutman comes in, hopefully things will start to change. Next year is likely to be another extremely rough one. Who would have thought there would be a worse CEO than Cullen, the worst coach in the history of sport and the worst medical team in existence outside of Dr. Nick, plus a truly incompetent board including a club legend all at the same time?
Thats gone quite too , guessing nothing can be said until he finishes with the Storm.

Thats gone quite too , guessing nothing can be said until he finishes with the Storm.

You just had to push that little dagger in didn't you. Hehe

But yeah it is a worry how quiet that has gone, I was thinking something similar.

You just had to push that little dagger in didn't you. Hehe

But yeah it is a worry how quiet that has gone, I was thinking something similar.
It's all to quiet that's why I'm skeptical of that nothing is being done, it has to be something to do with Smith.

It's all to quiet that's why I'm skeptical of that nothing is being done, it has to be something to do with Smith.
As far as everything being quiet due to some big news in the works...I’ll believe it when I see it.

The club has never been quiet about anything for 3 years. Not sure if I buy that they’re Johnny Tightlips all of a sudden.

I predict we have little to no money in our cap, and no one to sign even if we did. I also think that they fucked up the new CEO signing chasing yet another Storm staff member that hasn’t panned out and left the club with their dicks in their hands and no plan b.

Understand the frustration but the big thing that hasn't happened yet is the fact Smith hasn't told anyone his direction. I just feel that we've been clearing the way for someone and it's like we are waiting on smith's decision.
You just know this plan is going to end with the closing credits for Curb Your Enthusiasm.

As far as everything being quiet due to some big news in the works...I’ll believe it when I see it.

The club has never been quiet about anything for 3 years. Not sure if I buy that they’re Johnny Tightlips all of a sudden.

I predict we have little to no money in our cap, and no one to sign even if we did. I also think that they fucked up the new CEO signing chasing yet another Storm staff member that hasn’t panned out and left the club with their dicks in their hands and no plan b.
Yep I think this is the case. People like this don't change over night. They couldn't keep anything in house for the last 5 or 6 years so history shows there is no chance they all of sudden learnt how to do this. The reality of the fact is no signings have been announced because there are no signings to answer.

I also think they have fucked up the Donaghy signing. It is another time where the Storm have set this up to laugh at us. If I was a betting man I would imagine that he has advised them he is no longer coming (most likely never was) and they are now scrambling to come up with any option with the most likely scenario being old Gil staying on.

Yep I think this is the case. People like this don't change over night. They couldn't keep anything in house for the last 5 or 6 years so history shows there is no chance they all of sudden learnt how to do this. The reality of the fact is no signings have been announced because there are no signings to answer.

I also think they have fucked up the Donaghy signing. It is another time where the Storm have set this up to laugh at us. If I was a betting man I would imagine that he has advised them he is no longer coming (most likely never was) and they are now scrambling to come up with any option with the most likely scenario being old Gil staying on.
Our only chance is that he's such a hopelessly ineffective negotiator that he's somehow managed to not even be able to negotiate with himself to secure a new extension and he wakes up and realises one morning he forgot to re-sign himself as CEO and now nobody is in charge.

Storm has pranked us with CEO, Smith, and Bellamy all in one go. The ultimate laugh.

Our only chance is that he's such a hopelessly ineffective negotiator that he's somehow managed to not even be able to negotiate with himself to secure a new extension and he wakes up and realises one morning he forgot to re-sign himself as CEO and now nobody is in charge.
Alex Glenn has already Bradbury’d his way to captain and coach, soon he’ll be CEO:

Storm has pranked us with CEO, Smith, and Bellamy all in one go. The ultimate laugh.

AND giving us fans hope of getting a good number 9 only to re-sign all three of them.

Actually didn't we sign two kids yesterday or something?

So do you reckon, given the incompetence in everything else at the club, the review's findings suggested the problem with our roster this year was it was too old and it needs to get younger?

Copley and asiata haven't signed anywhere else, so what are they waiting for. Or are we waiting to announce them?
You don't tell Ben ikin that he hasn't got the job if you haven't got anyone else.
But hey maybe I'm just being a naive dick

Copley and asiata haven't signed anywhere else, so what are they waiting for. Or are we waiting to announce them?
You don't tell Ben ikin that he hasn't got the job if you haven't got anyone else.
But hey maybe I'm just being a naive dick

No naïve, you just want to believe in the club and that isn't a bad thing at all, it just isn't based on recent evidence sadly.

I TRULY hope you are right, I really, really do because this club needs to give its fans something, anything to provide hope.

Think it had more to do with the $1.25 mil
In the end, sure.

What about the 18-24 months prior to that offer where it was abundantly clear we had a special player on our hands and we might need to re-sign him, long before any other club could have even spoken to him?

The money is what got him to the Titans in the end, but it would be absolutely letting the people who should be held accountable off the hook to ignore the fact that Fifita should have been sorted out long before the Titans or anyone else got to make fools of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Santa
  • RodF
  • FACTHUNT
  • Spooky1013
  • Waynesaurus
  • Wolfie
  • Xzei
  • Fozz
  • Fitzy
  • Scorchie
  • Jazza
  • Big Del
  • Organix
  • Allo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • ezpz
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Mustafur
  • Yem
... and 39 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.