Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Fifi grabbing the bucks for the trip down the highway.

When has a struggling club ever purchased anything good just by paying more money? We aren't talking Cronk to the Roosters here.

It's only going to end badly.. Like it kind of always does for the coast.

Even if he is going to stay at the Storm, make sure you push his price up at the very least.
Yep i would be going hard on grant, letting someone close to him know that he should test the market to at least get his worth.

Even if we dont get him, we could push melbourne up enough so that we could later have a play at one of their other stars (i.e munster, papenhuyzen etc) or at bare mimimum, stuff up their cap. As this appears to be what every other team does to us.

Yep i would be going hard on grant, letting someone close to him know that he should test the market to at least get his worth.

Even if we dont get him, we could push melbourne up enough so that we could later have a play at one of their other stars (i.e munster, papenhuyzen etc) or at bare mimimum, stuff up their cap. As this appears to be what every other team does to us.
I reakon he's gone anyway, he will be coming back to Queensland it's just a matter of when.

Do you mean the 2 kids that have never played NRL? awesome.
What are they like? I cant find much on them. I found a "highlights" (i know, not a good gauge to asses a player on) for xavier willison but he just looks like another big kid playing against boys. Quite often these are the "talents" that fall flat when they play men who can defend.

One could say he looks comfortable.......................perfect for playing just comfortable football I guess.
Yep i got money on it his mate tino will carry his arse

Copley and asiata haven't signed anywhere else, so what are they waiting for. Or are we waiting to announce them?
You don't tell Ben ikin that he hasn't got the job if you haven't got anyone else.
But hey maybe I'm just being a naive dick
Your hope is steeped in how competent administrators work.

Yes competent administrators don't tell Ben Ikin he hasn't got the job before securing a CEO. The reality is Donaghy probably said "look guys I'll think about it and let you" and they took that as a yes.

I reakon he's gone anyway, he will be coming back to Queensland it's just a matter of when.
In about 10 - 12 years when he has retired.

Your hope is steeped in how competent administrators work.

Yes competent administrators don't tell Ben Ikin he hasn't got the job before securing a CEO. The reality is Donaghy probably said "look guys I'll think about it and let you" and they took that as a yes.
lol yeah I'm not arguing with you but just being positive to get through this

lol yeah I'm not arguing with you but just being positive to get through this
I had been doing the same but over the last week it finally got to the stage where my positivity and hope ran out, I genuinely hope it doesn't happen to you because the hope is a good place to be.

Yeah exactly right, why go for Kiwis to get out of Origin when we can just continue being outright terrible instead.
Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

I had been doing the same but over the last week it finally got to the stage where my positivity and hope ran out, I genuinely hope it doesn't happen to you because the hope is a good place to be.
I want to believe in us so badly too, but honestly, when I take my fan glasses off and try to be objective, it becomes abundantly clear that my realistic hope is a dubious prospect at best.

It might be time for us to finally face an uncomfortable but absolutely realistic truth: As a football club under Paul White and Karl Morris' leadership we've basically become the Wests Tigers with money in the bank.

Last edited:
I want to believe in us so badly too, but honestly, when I take my fan glasses off and try to be objective, it becomes abundantly clear that my realistic hope is a dubious prospect at best.

It might be time for us to finally face an uncomfortable but absolutely realistic truth: As a football club under Paul White and Karl Morris' leadership we've basically become the Wests Tigers with money in the bank.
Exactly, the truly sad and hard to face part is that the Tigers are quite a bit better than us.

I'm teetering mate , it's hard with other teams making moves and us just stagnating.

I'm teetering mate , it's hard with other teams making moves and us just stagnating.
sorry mate I hope I haven't contributed to your teetering.

Yep I think this is the case. People like this don't change over night. They couldn't keep anything in house for the last 5 or 6 years so history shows there is no chance they all of sudden learnt how to do this. The reality of the fact is no signings have been announced because there are no signings to answer.

I also think they have fucked up the Donaghy signing. It is another time where the Storm have set this up to laugh at us. If I was a betting man I would imagine that he has advised them he is no longer coming (most likely never was) and they are now scrambling to come up with any option with the most likely scenario being old Gil staying on.

Didn't Donaghy already resign from the storm??

He doesn't resign unless he has a job lined up and he cant accept the job until January.

I think 1910 or someone posted on here that we are trying to get Donaghy early??

I think there being no news is simply because it appears a fait accompli

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Battler
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Mighty Bronx
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.