Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to @Old Mate It's true, so we can only hope he's fucking off to bung around with Roberts, but I hope he enjoys being coached by Madge because FMD, Kevvie is definitely a softer touch compared to him.
I think he’ll do well at the tigers. He has potential to be a solid work horse. Madge might get a few miles out of him.

I think he’ll do well at the tigers. He has potential to be a solid work horse. Madge might get a few miles out of him.
if Joe could play consistently like he did that one origin game last year, he would be worth the money.

Last edited:
Yeah I just did a bit of digging, definitely unfollowed the Broncos insta. Only other NRL team he follows is the Tigers, which was recent.

I'd say he's gone.

Rejoice!

While I'm in your boat, I think there is such a thing as playing too coy and trying to be too perfect. The perfect signing pretty much doesn't exist, it's how you fit into the system.

on a side note: it's amazing to me how similar the parallels are between manchester united and the broncos.

Our problem is more we have missed out or are missing out on some of these short term signings that would have done us for 12 months and let us build for 2022.

Yep, it really is talking about your point about United and the Broncos. Both had one of the best managers/ Head coaches of all time who coached well past the time you expect a coach to carry on. Both are the biggest, richest clubs in their respective competitions. Both have huge expectations and both have been getting it badly wrong. And both have turned to a playing legend to try to set things right.

Joe O has unfollowed broncos and started following tigers on Instagram apparently? Anyone heard anything about him leaving?
What a weirdly childish and petty thing to do. Classic Ofa in that case.

Palm Beach Currumbin Prop Xavier Willison (2023) and Centre Deine Mariner (2022) have re-signed with the club.

With Jordan Riki making waves in the NRL, it appears the Broncos continue to sign quality New Zealand talent.

He's such an intriguing kid, ALF Cup this year he was terrific, his size makes him watchable. Very skillful and great work with Sexton.

I watched him play Langer Cup against Keebra last season. He got two tries and supported Sexton really well. played MM for Bears too.

Last edited:
Clubs signing and unveiling players left, right and centre today, meanwhile we continue to do...nothing.

Last edited:
I'm really not a fan of releasing players if we don't actually have decent replacements lined up. Ofa hasn't been great, but better than having more rookies.
Lodge, hass, carrigan, flegler, kennedy, bullemore, TPJ and rumoured asiata. I would say we have enough middles to cover.

What did he say?

among the usual stuff new recruits typically say like winning premierships is the goal, i like the direction they're heading etc

he says this:

“It’s what’s best for myself and my family, I’ve got to look after them,” he said.

because you know how hard it is to look after your family on 750k a year ... damn near impossible

among the usual stuff new recruits typically say like winning premierships is the goal, i like the direction they're heading etc

he says this:

“It’s what’s best for myself and my family, I’ve got to look after them,” he said.

because you know how hard it is to look after your family on 750k a year ... damn near impossible
Yeah I’ve got no idea how he was going to survive in Brisbane on that chump change ha.

I think he was more looking for a starting lock role.

i certainly wouldn't be against signing him, as he offers some variety to our pack (which are all very similar players)

I'm not against signing him either, DEPENDING on how much he is getting paid.

Clubs signing and unveiling players left, right and centre today, meanwhile we continue to do...nothing.

that's what you say ...

but unless you are behind the scenes, you wouldn't know what we are doing. besides the fact that none of these moves are players we need

that's what you say ...

but unless you are behind the scenes, you wouldn't know what we are doing. besides the fact that none of these moves are players we need

As I said, I DESPERATELY WANT to be proven wrong, I am HOPING I will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • lynx000
  • Financeguy
  • Socnorb
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosarethebest
  • KnToad
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fitzy
  • sooticus
  • Ondi
  • theshed
  • ChewThePhatt
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Sproj
  • Ras
  • Culhwch
  • GCBRONCO
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.