Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Member when Fifita re-signing was a fait accompli? 'Member when making finals every year was a fait accompli? 'Member when Broncos don't do rebuilds was a fait accompli? 'Member when the Broncos and not the Storm were the best team in Qld was a fait accompli? 'Member when signing GI was a fait accompli and even announced? 'Member when Kahu and Macca leaving and having them off our books was a fait accompli? 'Member when putting performance clauses in contracts was a fait accompli?

Don't trust anything this organisation says until there are quotes from the other connected party in agreement.
Well to be fair I dont think they have said anything... so you're probably right and he will turn up as CEO for the titans

Hypothetical question , if we had the choice... who would you prefer - Grant or Munster?

Id go with Munster. Proven talent.

Do I think Grant will be the better long term option... yes. But I also thought Milford was the next JT. With Munster you know youre getting a top echelon player.

I reckon you guys are heading for a 2022 forward pack of:

8. Phototaker
9. Grant / Smith
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. Foulsmellingodour
13. Ese'ese
Yeah!...............who needs backs or halves.............totally overated slackers hogging all the salary cap! 😎

Last edited:
Yeah!...............who needs backs or halves.............totally overated slackers hogging all the salary cap!

Fogarty and Taylor are currently far better than what we have to offer as well.

Hypothetical question , if we had the choice... who would you prefer - Grant or Munster?

Do I think Grant will be the better long term option... yes. But I also thought Milford was the next JT. With Munster you know youre getting a top echelon player.

Both!

But seriously, you take Grant. Yes Munster is AMAZING but Grant is younger and 9 is the key position these days. Eh actually, I don't know, Munster is a deadset gun but Grant seems more gettable of two ungettable players.

Imagine having that choice.

Yep I hope so too but I just get a feeling we will somehow manage to stuff this one up too.

I reckon you guys are heading for a 2022 forward pack of:

8. Phototaker
9. Grant / Smith
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. Foulsmellingodour
13. Ese'ese

Man! That would have been what your would expect the Broncos to roll out once upon a time.

We will probably end up with:

8. Joffa
9. Turpin
10. Flegler
11. Glenn
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

Man that's depressing.
Not even a dodgy run nrl would allow that

Brimson deserves an upgrade so the cap rorting allegations would be endless on above though Sproj. They've already started for gods sake. Found it funny though seeing the post with Fifita and his new car though :rofl .

Serious question though, I'd like to see a poll on who's expecting top 8 and who'd be happy with fighting for top 8.

If the game is to continue to be played as it was this year then you take the fast creative 9, the game is played from dummy half now. The 9 is the one who gets you the momentum and 'roll on' which then turns into the repeat sets.

Last edited:
Fogarty and Taylor are currently far better than what we have to offer as well.
I don't think Fogarty and Taylor can win them a premiership even assuming they will stay for unders considering the salary cap investment in that sort of pack.

You can't invest that much money in a forward pack and not expect the quality of the rest of the team not to suffer.

Only if you like hyperthermia
What, can people only surf in SE QLD now?
no but it's one of the best places other than WA . Has family and friends up here too.

From Fifita's comments today he was never staying

I don't think Fogarty and Taylor can win them a premiership even assuming they will stay for unders considering the salary cap investment in that sort of pack.

You can't invest that much money in a forward pack and not expect the quality of the rest of the team not to suffer.
Yep i think they will be in a squeeze in a few years and that's when we will pounce , tino and Brimson.

The risk with Munster is that he's had CS9 his whole career so there is no guarantee that he can lead a team and manage a game.

Take Wednesday night for example... the game was hectic as **** and Munster was high octane the whole time, but there was no one in that team that controlled the tempo of the game and had the composure to get us home easily despite how dominant we were the whole game... and it almost cost us.

Not saying Harry was able to control the tempo when he came on (he's too inexperienced to be expected to do that), but hooker is a position nowadays where they can control play if they are dominant and Queensland looked far better through the ruck when he was controlling dummy half.

He also had tigers playing well all year without CS9 there to hold his hand.

So it's Harry for me although I think we should be trying to go after Harry + Munster or Ponga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Foordy
  • Organix
  • BroncoFan94
  • Waynesaurus
  • RolledOates
  • Xzei
  • Brocko
  • pennywisealfie
  • BroncosAlways
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • broncos4life
  • Wolfie
  • Tim K
  • Battler
  • Aldo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Allo
... and 23 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.