Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'd have to win a Dally M and play for Australia next season to even consider paying over 500k for, and there's no way in hell I'd sign him for any period longer than 2 years.

EDIT: On Flegler, he was brilliant at the start of the season and then came back horribly from an injury if I recall correctly? He's one of the best talents coming through in the forwards, certainly not worth 650k or 800k (lmao @ the dogs, they just don't learn) though. Hopefully the figure is fake, but the fact that we re-signed him is exciting.
He’s been rep level quality under competent coaches, pies destroyed him.

hopefully Kevvy builds him back up

Moving Joffa along, then signing Fleg for 1.3 hurts my head. Especiall is Asiata is replacing Joffa.

Hes already reportedly on "600" so the 1.3m over the next 3 seasons doesnt wash, thats a downgrade to 350 per season in 22/23.

The only feasible way the 1.3 could be true would be a special front end load next year, say an extra 200, then 550 for the 22/23 season. Which is still far too much by about 150k.

We should be looking to the QLD cup for signings when our cap is in this state.

Asiata is definitely not the answer. He wouldn’t even fit in well with the make up of our forward pack. I just can’t be that positive about that signing. Carrigan should be cemented in the 13 and develop his game from there. All he needs to do is develop an offload.

Dunamis Lui would be getting paid peanuts right now but he randomly had a good year for Raiders when playing alongside Papalii.

We need to find our own Dunamis Lui who we can sign for peanuts and play next to Haas. There is definitely someone out there.

As much of a mess the tigers are, at least they have learnt from previous errors and grown some balls and conviction with their contract negotiations. Looking at the alaoia saga; he is on 350k, they offered 480k (a fair price after a strong year from him) but he wanted 600k (IMO overs for a prop of his standard) so they bit the bullet and moved on.

We have to start paying players what they are worth, not more simply because another club offering ridiculous amounts.

Signing Flegler on 650k is insanity. Our cap is already in bad shape and we give a bench prop 650k.
Walter's must hold him in high regards and got big plans with that kind of money.

If he lives up to all the wraps ppl have/had on him it will look like a master stroke

Last edited:
We should be looking to the QLD cup for signings when our cap is in this state.

Asiata is definitely not the answer. He wouldn’t even fit in well with the make up of our forward pack. I just can’t be that positive about that signing. Carrigan should be cemented in the 13 and develop his game from there. All he needs to do is develop an offload.

Dunamis Lui would be getting paid peanuts right now but he randomly had a good year for Raiders when playing alongside Papalii.

We need to find our own Dunamis Lui who we can sign for peanuts and play next to Haas. There is definitely someone out there.
I agree that we should be looking at the qld cup more for players, but I dont mind the asiata signing (if true). Regarding his "fit", i actually think he adds some diversity and another dimension to our pack. We do not have a ball playing forward, which could be a real asset (particularly with walters talking about playing attacking football), whether it being taking the ball to the line to draw the defence and tipping a short ball onto a player (another middle forward or fullback/halve) hitting the gap, or connecting with the halves (like we continue to do now) but provide them with a decent pass they can run on to.

Carrigan can play prop.

Has it not already been said that $1.3 is for 3 years obviously a year option for him.

It’s great that we have signed a bench prop for massive overs and still no news on our halfback.

As much of a mess the tigers are, at least they have learnt from previous errors and grown some balls and conviction with their contract negotiations. Looking at the alaoia saga; he is on 350k, they offered 480k (a fair price after a strong year from him) but he wanted 600k (IMO overs for a prop of his standard) so they bit the bullet and moved on.

We have to start paying players what they are worth, not more simply because another club offering ridiculous amounts.
Exactly and they end up with the fucked up salary cap instead of us

Oh yeah I knew that but wolfie was hinting at us signing someone else and I thought you knew who he was talking about

I was meaning the Maccas gold card mate!

Cameron Smith is a free agent. Will you be making a play for him? No, Cameron won’t be here. He’s a champion player but I don’t know what he is doing with his future. I haven’t had any talks with Cam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • bazza
  • Cavalo
  • Xzei
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Justwin
  • Broncosgirl
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Harry Sack
  • Fozz
  • heartly87
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Skyblues87
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Aldo
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.