Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broncos are looking to sign Will Chambers, but need to release Joe Ofahengaue to have the funds - Brent Read in Fox Sports article today.

Broncos are looking to sign Will Chambers, but need to release Joe Ofahengaue to have the funds - Brent Read in Fox Sports article today.

I thought we needed to release Joe O to sign Asiata ... how much money is Joe O on, lol

now the media have this narrative, Chambers probably won't be the last person we are linked to, if we can move Joe O on

I'm not as against it as I was but only if it is a low wage, we definitely need a centre and he is about as good as most running around (there just aren't many good centres anywhere in rugby league.

I just really want us to sign Allan. He should be priority one of those who are gettable but not officially off contract.

I'm not as against it as I was but only if it is a low wage, we definitely need a centre and he is about as good as most running around (there just aren't many good centres anywhere in rugby league.

I just really want us to sign Allan. He should be priority one of those who are gettable but not officially off contract.
I agree. Allan is needed. Chambers is good. Ofa is overpaid.

1. Corey Allan
2. Corey Oates / Farnworth
3. Will Chambers
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Xavier Coates
6. Anthony Milford
7. Thomas Dearden

2 signings and our backline looks a lot better. If we replaced Milford with a different marquee 6 like Cam Munster then it’d look like it has premiership winning potential.

Last edited:
ive said this many time now...guess it needs re-saying...

I am very happy for the club to re-sign the players we have here first before going to market..

Tie down Staggs, tie down Dearden. Announce that and im happy...

A lot of what's left of the cap this year is probs going to them anyway so fanciful signing gossip just doesn't work in the real world...

I dont want journeymen, I dont want guys wanting one last big payday.....invest in what we have developed here first....if you will increase the "purity" of the roster.

That is, and always was, the Broncos way....

ive said this many time now...guess it needs re-saying...

I am very happy for the club to re-sign the players we have here first before going to market..

Tie down Staggs, tie down Dearden. Announce that and im happy...

A lot of what's left of the cap this year is probs going to them anyway so fanciful signing gossip just doesn't work in the real world...

I dont want journeymen, I dont want guys wanting one last big payday.....invest in what we have developed here first....if you will increase the "purity" of the roster.

That is, and always was, the Broncos way....

This is the way.

Cameron Smith is a free agent. Will you be making a play for him? No, Cameron won’t be here. He’s a champion player but I don’t know what he is doing with his future. I haven’t had any talks with Cam.

Good. He can go to the Titans or retire.

Cameron Smith is a free agent. Will you be making a play for him? No, Cameron won’t be here. He’s a champion player but I don’t know what he is doing with his future. I haven’t had any talks with Cam.
Good.

If the flegler report is true (i mean it is badel), it shows that despite all the reviews we are continuing to make the same mistakes and have learnt nothing about roster management.

For all the "business" people we have in our organisation, they have no understanding of return on investment.
If 650k is true it's a reminder that nothing will change until the decision makers that got the club into this position are gone. Why would it?

Titans have signed Haas’s younger brother. That’ll be the next battle With them

It won't be a battle, I expect Haas to be at the Titans as early as 2022.
The titans are treading a very dangerous path here. A keep the boys together mentality and signing younger brothers as an obvious ploy to keep young stars happy will not end well for them.......

Makes sense, he's well down the pecking order with Lodge returning to health and guys like Bullemor, Riki, Palasia, Piakura, etc. coming through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • TimWhatley
  • Financeguy
  • Santa
  • Brotherdu
  • Wolfie
  • Ejbroncos
  • Bish
  • Tim K
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.