Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Huge

International Rep
Mar 7, 2008
Threads
For mine, I just want to see the NRL come down on players that agitate for a release.

Nup, if you've signed a contract, don't be a flog and see it out.
I wouldn't mind either as long as it applied to coaches too! That way we'd have kept WB another year and would likely have seen Seeplod's real ahem, abilities in time to avoid the nightmare which was his reign.

McHunt

State of Origin Rep
Aug 25, 2018
Threads
Courier mail saying we've offered Tyrone Roberts & Nene Macdonald train and trial deals.

I know that Nene had been reported previously, but this is the first I've seen of Roberts linked with us.
Actual wording used by Chris Honnery are "set to" and "considering offering." But these rumours tend to pan out.

Ikin (last month):

“We have some train and trial contracts to give out, so Kevvie meets with each of the affiliate clubs just to talk through who they are looking at for a train and trial contracts. Norths have put forward Nene’s name for a train and trial contract, so Kevvie was keen to catch up with him. We have multiple train and trial contracts across the three affiliates, so guys like Nene will be hungry for an opportunity.”

McHunt

BroncosFever

NRL Player
Jun 6, 2014
Threads
I hope Kevvie gives whatever 5/8 he goes with a decent stint to establish a combination with Reynolds, the way it's shaping it could be a situation where we have a new 5/8 every week

Fitzy

NRL Player
Sep 10, 2018
Threads
Obviously Roberts isn’t going to get a game unless unusual circumstances permit. But I rate the current approach to train and trial players, where we get some older experienced and good q-cup players to fill the spots so that we have capable players in the event of mass injuries or suspensions. Smart moves. I wouldn’t oppose chucking Luke Bateman one as well

State of Origin Captain
Apr 14, 2013
Threads
Obviously Roberts isn’t going to get a game unless unusual circumstances permit. But I rate the current approach to train and trial players, where we get some older experienced and good q-cup players to fill the spots so that we have capable players in the event of mass injuries or suspensions. Smart moves. I wouldn’t oppose chucking Luke Bateman one as well

You can’t play them; one of them would have to move into the 30 and take up the last spot to be played.

McHunt

State of Origin Rep
Aug 25, 2018
Threads
I hope Kevvie gives whatever 5/8 he goes with a decent stint to establish a combination with Reynolds, the way it's shaping it could be a situation where we have a new 5/8 every week
At the risk of sounding pessimistic, we have to be prepared for Adam to spend a good chunk of next season on the sidelines injured. Ideally, he'll be training a five-eighth and deputising our future half.

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
Threads
You can’t play them; one of them would have to move into the 30 and take up the last spot to be played.
I think if you look at the Roosters this year, the NRL allowed them to use players that otherwise would not have been permitted outside of the 30. Also I thought you could use train and trial players post a set date.

soup

International Rep
May 1, 2013
Threads
’of’/have

Star Trek GIF

feet alligator GIF

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
Threads
At the risk of sounding pessimistic, we have to be prepared for Adam to spend a good chunk of next season on the sidelines injured. Ideally, he'll be training a five-eighth and deputising our future half.
We have to be prepared for any player to spend a good chunk of the year on the sidelines. in saying that from Adams history he is not exactly known for being out long periods with injuries. The good news is our half depth is the best it's been in years.

Latest posts

Who should be captain?

• Herbie Farnworth

• Kotoni Staggs

• Jake Turpin

• Patrick Carrigan

• Payne Haas

• Adam Reynolds

• Billy Walters

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoeyK

Members online

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.