Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Wolfie

International Rep
Jan 14, 2015
Threads
The way he recruits the teams he goes to, anything less than a premiership is a huge risk for the clubs to take, they've all gone backwards after he moved on. St George, Newcastle, Brisbane.. all still finding their feet again. It happens too consistently to be a coincidence.

Souths' roster doesn't look in too bad of a shape but they are going into the season with a bloke who has had some high praise as their coach but isn't proven in the NRL, many of others have come through the right systems and gone to be huge failures, the Newcastle coach is probably the poster boy in that regard. I say their roster isn't too bad, they are going into the season having to rely on a rookie to step up and take the halfback jersey, I don't think there's any chance at all that Wayne lets Reynolds go under his watch.

He obviously only has eyes for his time at a club and doesn't care at all about the future of the club past his contract, Dolphins fans will be wary of that too, I imagine.

I doubt very much the Dolphins support will be bothered. Wayne will go into this job with a different mindset.

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Threads
Yeah I’d lean towards your thoughts on value too. Was more directed at people criticising his quality as a player.
definitely think he's quality, although I still think it's a bit early to say how good he'll be.

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Threads
in 2020 he averaged

156m per game
67 PCM per game
46 tackles per game (6th in NRL)

The problem with stats, they don’t tell the whole story.

There’s so many variables. For starters they don’t tell the effectiveness of the run. They are at lock, late in the tackle count and after the defence has already been softened up by the props. It’s a position he won’t be playing anymore due to Kobe being groomed to be a ball playing lock.

When he comes back, he’ll be playing prop which is a tougher position and tougher to make metres. Even Corey Parker wasn’t all that effective there.

Add onto that he’ll be coming off a serious injury that a lot of players don’t fully recover from.

500k? It’s a bit much.

If he wants a better deal, give him 300k for a season and tell him to prove his worth. If he doesn’t want to do that, well he isn’t irreplaceable.

Jedhead

NRL Captain
Jan 8, 2018
Threads
I can see WB getting in Patty’s ear and him signing for $500k and the honour of being the Dolphins inaugural captain. If I was a betting man I’d drop a lazy$100 on it as it’s more likely than not to eventuate. They need a captain and a solid player that will give them stability for at least 3 or 4 years. Carrigan gives them that.

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Threads
I can see WB getting in Patty’s ear and him signing for $500k and the honour of being the Dolphins inaugural captain. If I was a betting man I’d drop a lazy$100 on it as it’s more likely than not to eventuate. They need a captain and a solid player that will give them stability for at least 3 or 4 years. Carrigan gives them that.
it'll be tino and smith , then ponga then Milford for captain

tommy

State of Origin Captain
Jun 5, 2015
Threads
Banking a new team on Milford being starter and captain could be franchise suicide. No way I’d risk it if I’m at the dolphins.

Wolfie

International Rep
Jan 14, 2015
Threads
The problem with stats, they don’t tell the whole story.

There’s so many variables. For starters they don’t tell the effectiveness of the run. They are at lock, late in the tackle count and after the defence has already been softened up by the props. It’s a position he won’t be playing anymore due to Kobe being groomed to be a ball playing lock.

When he comes back, he’ll be playing prop which is a tougher position and tougher to make metres. Even Corey Parker wasn’t all that effective there.

Add onto that he’ll be coming off a serious injury that a lot of players don’t fully recover from.

500k? It’s a bit much.

If he wants a better deal, give him 300k for a season and tell him to prove his worth. If he doesn’t want to do that, well he isn’t irreplaceable.

Pat took plenty of early runs and tough runs at that. He was basically playing like a prop at lock anyway. I dont think Kevvie will move him from lock tbh even though he should. He's always been much, much better at prop than lock anyway.

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Threads
Pat took plenty of early runs and tough runs at that. He was basically playing like a prop at lock anyway. I dont think Kevvie will move him from lock tbh even though he should. He's always been much, much better at prop than lock anyway.
Yeah, Patty took heaps of the ugly hit ups. Was getting pretty good at finding his front too: just needs to play less minutes to avoid the fatigue defensive errors. He’s a gun, I just don’t think a work horse prop at his age coming off of an acl is worth 500k. It’s far from the worst wage injustice at the club though. I’m more disappointed that we’re still losing the negotiations and that our players are off touring other clubs facilities like Coates, and Dearden. Was hoping we’d seen the end of that.

I do hope Kev will come to his senses and play him at prop though:

Wolfie

International Rep
Jan 14, 2015
Threads
Yeah, Patty took heaps of the ugly hit ups. Was getting pretty good at finding his front too: just needs to play less minutes to avoid the fatigue defensive errors. He’s a gun, I just don’t think a work horse prop at his age coming off of an acl is worth 500k. It’s far from the worst wage injustice at the club though. I’m more disappointed that we’re still losing the negotiations and that our players are off touring other clubs facilities like Coates, and Dearden. Was hoping we’d seen the end of that.

I do hope Kev will come to his senses and play him at prop though:

We really need to play him off the bench at the start of next year coming off that injury and ease him back in. We arent going to see him get up to speed until about 7 or 8 games i reckon.

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Threads
We really need to play him off the bench at the start of next year coming off that injury and ease him back in. We arent going to see him get up to speed until about 7 or 8 games i reckon.
Yeah I agree. Some of the young fellas also probably need less pressure given how bad their transition to NRL was handled.

scobie

QCup Player
Sep 1, 2017
Threads
I can't remember Kaufusi ever being good for QLD. Most of the time I remember thinking "how does he keep on getting picked?" The rest of the pack I probably agree with for now.
I think it's a carry over from when he had Cronk feeding him short balls to break the line/score tries with Melbourne. Any average backrower would have looked good.

BroncosFever

NRL Player
Jun 6, 2014
Threads
Kaufusi is a straight up thug with minimal quality as an NRL player, he just happens to be in a very successful team so his individual performances never really stand out (good or bad). He's also thought of as a good player because of the team he is in, can't say I remember him ever coming up with the big play that won them a game.

soup

International Rep
May 1, 2013
Threads
He was only ever slightly relevant when he had Cronk and Smith in the QLD team. Even then, it was a stretch at best.

Edit, and Slater.

Johnny92

QCup Player
Jul 3, 2021
Threads
Patty has also played an important role in the vaccination of the players
20211120_171723.jpg

Milford6

BRL Player
Dec 13, 2015
Threads
If im picking a QLD side heres what im picking as my pack if all fit which they never are

8. Welsh
9. Grant
10. Papali
11. Fifita
12. Kaufusi
13. Tino

14. Hunt
15. Arrow
16. Collins
17. Fotuaika

Don't get me wrong I love Capewell as a player and a competitor, I'm actually stoked he is at the club but that's QLDs best pack. You could make a strong argument to put him in the bench over Collins or Fotuaika with Arrow playing front row but that's about it. The second row for the time being picks itself.

Arrow will be lucky to feature next series… Capewell will start over Fifita too.

Latest posts

Who should be captain?

• Herbie Farnworth

• Kotoni Staggs

• Jake Turpin

• Patrick Carrigan

• Payne Haas

• Adam Reynolds

• Billy Walters

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoeyK

Members online

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.