Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Foordy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Threads
it will be interesting to see how the decision to loan Arthars plays out for our 2022 squad.

because Ikin has said a few times that we have a top 30 spot open and some cash to spend (before we loaned Arthars)

so that means we could potentially have 2 open top 30 spots and 185k (approximate if Arthars is on 200k) + whatever we already had spare 🤔

Apr 10, 2015
Threads
it will be interesting to see how the decision to loan Arthars plays out for our 2022 squad.

because Ikin has said a few times that we have a top 30 spot open and some cash to spend (before we loaned Arthars)

so that means we could potentially have 2 open top 30 spots and 185k (approximate if Arthars is on 200k) + whatever we already had spare 🤔
How I view this decision and all loans depends entirely on how the spot and money are used.

Great if we have done this to:
1. Get someone far better in a more needed spot
Or
2. Freed up money to front end and complete some important signings whilst giving someone of equal value a shot (eg Hoeter)

Crap if:
1. We did it to please the player/Arthars
Or
2. We did it out of salary cap necessity and it leaves us no better off squad-wise

For people comparing this to kahu/Mackay I think kahu and McCullough were very much in the last 2 points whereas this deal sits in the 1st 2 points.

Johnny92

QCup Player
Jul 3, 2021
Threads
How I view this decision and all loans depends entirely on how the spot and money are used.

Great if we have done this to:
1. Get someone far better in a more needed spot
Or
2. Freed up money to front end and complete some important signings whilst giving someone of equal value a shot (eg Hoeter)

Crap if:
1. We did it to please the player/Arthars
Or
2. We did it out of salary cap necessity and it leaves us no better off squad-wise

For people comparing this to kahu/Mackay I think kahu and McCullough were very much in the last 2 points whereas this deal sits in the 1st 2 points.
Wouldn't surprise me if with Arthurs gone Hoeter gets promoted to the top 30.
The club will probably opt to leave a couple spots open incase something pops up with leilua trying to leave for the cowboys early, Cotric back to Canberra and a few more situations including the whole Brandon smith circus clubs will look to shed some troops to get players in or maybe there is a player from England wanting to return home.
Not sure what position we really need for the squad depth wise.

Big Del

QCup Player
Apr 22, 2017
Threads
Brenko Lee doesn't exist, he's a figment of our collective imagination.
Jeez he is a big body .
Are we sure he`s not a 2nd rower to replace Lexi ?
35801502-8960165-image-a-32_1605671284631.jpg

Dazza 92

NRL Player
Oct 13, 2014
Threads

Any ideas as best as possible how much cap this actually frees up apart from a roster spot?

Foordy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Threads
Any ideas as best as possible how much cap this actually frees up apart from a roster spot?

My guess is about 185k.

I'd put him on a fringe contract of about 200k. We've paid one month of it, which is about 15k

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Threads
My guess is about 185k.

I'd put him on a fringe contract of about 200k. We've paid one month of it, which is about 15k

That's assuming Warriors are taking on his whole wage for the remainder of the 12 months.

Chances are, they aren't.

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Threads
Why would we let him go if they arent? I cant see us being silly enough to do that. Sounds like the kind of bullshit story the CM would make up

Because he's fallen down the pecking order and they don't see him getting game time this year.

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Threads
But how does that benefit us to let him go and pay part of his wage?

Still frees up more money to bring in someone that's higher in the pecking order.

It's quite common for clubs loaning players to pay part of the wage.

BroncsFan

State of Origin Captain
Jul 28, 2016
Threads
My guess is about 185k.

Well in the NRL magical fairy land $185k can turn into $600k (TPJ last year) if we just hold off picking someone up until right on the top 30 cutoff point

Sproj

International Captain
Forum Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Threads
Still frees up more money to bring in someone that's higher in the pecking order.

It's quite common for clubs loaning players to pay part of the wage.

So we are going to pay part of his already low wage and pick up someone better for say minimum wage?

Latest posts

Who should be captain?

• Herbie Farnworth

• Kotoni Staggs

• Jake Turpin

• Patrick Carrigan

• Payne Haas

• Adam Reynolds

• Billy Walters

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OlivaBraze

Members online

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.