Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

Yeah, this is basically how I see it being contracted. Basically a nice 100k pay bump each season without breaking the bank the first year.
Older players are always going to be victims of salary cap increases making it look like younger players are earning more than they should comparatively, but it was the same for them early in their careers too (mostly).
Mam gets so many wraps from Joey Johns and Freddy Fitler that Sydney Clubs would definitely be chasing him on their hype.
I personally think Mam is good, but not as great as he is made to look in this team of fit young guys being led by a genius half. But for that he is also lucky, and best placed to take advantage of some prime training.
His kicking game needs a lot of work. His pass selection too. He's nowhere near Cody Walker in terms of setting plays down the left edge. But his support plays and defensive efforts, speed and fitness are all excellent for his age, and he compliments the team very well.
The real problem will be getting his game control to the next level so he can balance Madden, or whoever's going to replace Reynolds.
Fortunately, Walsh can often run those left edge plays too.

I think Ezra is under orders to keep it simple .
Focus on defence and support this season . Which he has done very well at .

Judging by his junior highlights reels .
He has all the play makers tricks . Long and short passes and can kick with either foot .
This season was about avoiding the 2nd year blues . I think the next cpl of seasons we will see him bloom .

Anyone else think Mam on anything like 700k for 3 years is overs? Or at least paying him on potential? I want him to stay but he’s only played 36 games and hasn’t yet showed he can dominate a game without Reyno. Yet that’s not far off what Reyno gets. I’d be ok with 550k max.
I also thought the same but then remembered they paid Piakura on potential and its paid dividends. I think Mam will be the same. DD, Kevy and Scanlan have got this right more often than not!

Anyone else think Mam on anything like 700k for 3 years is overs? Or at least paying him on potential? I want him to stay but he’s only played 36 games and hasn’t yet showed he can dominate a game without Reyno. Yet that’s not far off what Reyno gets. I’d be ok with 550k max.
It’s a weird one because I have no doubt whilst Reyno is there he provides 700k worth of value but the thing is without him he definitely is not worth that much on current ability. Definitely a bit of potential in there plus the halves market is really dire so the good ones especially a 20 year old who is playing a prelim final and is in the running for dally m five eight of the year (mainly due to a heap of shit performers in the position) are going to cost that little bit more of their agent plays the cards right. Definitely not a bargain but at 700k we still get value for him and he is a player that you would be willing to give up a lesser talent to keep (not that it is ideal) so a bit more than he is probably worth isn’t the end of the world when it comes to keeping a player like Ezra.

Also he is definitely being hampered by that knee issue so there is undoubtedly a greater level he can go to and on a more consistent basis.

Lachlan Lam and Jack Welsby in Super League dream team this year.

Lam
Welsby
Schneider
Walker

We want one of them for after Reyno.

Lachlan Lam and Jack Welsby in Super League dream team this year.

Lam
Welsby
Schneider
Walker

We want one of them for after Reyno.

I've personally had Lam earmarked for over a year, he is super impressive and I think would compliment our team perfectly.

Ok, here's some curve balls.

Harry Walters, Kevies other son. Who knew, I thought he was older and didn't play footy or something
..... never looked tbh.

Nah, he's a bit of a weapon in the SR. Do a little YouTube for yourself. QRL have a couple highlights packages of him. Seems a gun and "nepotism" aside could be a goer. He's captain of the devil's Colts team.

He was with Devils this year so maybe he goes to a Broncos feeder next year.

Did a little googling and

"Forward Harry Walters, the son of Broncos coach Kevin, will captain the Colts this season.

Reece Briers, the son of Broncos assistant coach and former Great Britain and Warrington Wolves halfback Lee, will start in the No.7 jersey.

Briers will be joined in the backline by Shay Martyn, son of St Helen’s great Tommy Martyn. Shay has already played Super League for St Helen’s."

Not sure how good these kids are but there's a pedigree there and at least something to keep and eye on and mildly interesting.

Haircut straight from the Turpin brochure.

The love child of Harry and Lloyd

Jim Carrey Harry Dunne GIF by Dumb and Dumber To

Active Now

• Browny
  • Fitzy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Sproj
  • Aldo
  • Xzei
  • Bronco bob
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wolfie
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.