NEWS Broncos set to Ram it

The world famous Brisbane Broncos have struck a partnership with the two-time NFL Super Bowl champions Los Angeles Rams to train with the City of Angels' finest athletes before their historical Vegas opener.

Kevin Walters:

“We are very grateful to Los Angeles for opening Rams HQ to us very soon. We’re looking forward to getting over there a little earlier, getting settled, and having a home-away-from-home base for our preparation in the lead-up to that Vegas match. A lot of our boys follow the NFL, and are avid watchers of it, so this will be great to have the chance to see the Rams’ set-up and I’m sure learn a few things from each other as well. We’re certainly wishing their team every success for their season that has just begun. While it will be an exciting time, and the world will be watching, the most important thing to remember is that there are two competition points up for grabs over there. That will be our priority.”​

LA Rams chief operating officer Kevin Demoff:

“We are looking forward to welcoming a first-class team in the Broncos to our facility next February as they prepare for the NRL opener. As we continue to deepen our connection with fans in Australia, it is a tremendous opportunity to partner with one of their most successful rugby league clubs. We are grateful to Dave Donaghy and his organisation for their partnership and we can‘t wait for them to join us here next year.“​

Donuts:

“We’re incredibly proud to partner with the Los Angeles Rams ahead of our historic trip to the United States next year."​

Adam Reynolds:

“I’d like to thank Kevin Demoff and the Rams organisation for the opportunity. Their training facility is the same one from where the Rams won their most recent Super Bowl title in 2022 and has also just recently hosted Arsenal. It’s an enormous benefit to be in that elite environment, and to be linking up with that winning history and knowledge. Taking our football program to the United States will be a significant undertaking, but having a hub in Los Angeles settled so soon will provide us with a strong base to build from when the team arrives next February.”​
“It will be awesome. Vegas is a favourite spot of mine, I’ve been over there four or five times, although we won’t be staying there, we will be staying in LA. It‘s still a great opportunity to get over there and experience something different in rugby league. Especially at this stage of my career, I don’t know what the future holds in the game for me, so it will be great to get over there and have a unique experience.”​

Hope no one gets left on a rooftop

On a side note. It’s a pretty good draw card for the club’s recruitment of young blokes if this works the way it’s intended. “Come to the broncos - you can go to Vegas, and train at the rams stadium in LA as well. You won’t get that opportunity if you’re at the dolphins 😬

Ew the rams

My thoughts exactly.

On a side note. It’s a pretty good draw card for the club’s recruitment of young blokes if this works the way it’s intended. “Come to the broncos - you can go to Vegas, and train at the rams stadium in LA as well. You won’t get that opportunity if you’re at the dolphins 😬

Benny: If you come to Redcliffe, you'll get to train with the Dolphins.

Recruit: Wow, the Miami Dolphins?

Benny: No, the under eights. We're making them do the opposed sessions because they got the spoon last year.

I'm sure Herbie and Flegler are kicking themselves.. while our boys are preparing in LA they'll be doing pre season at the piss filled Redcliffe Lagoon.

I think staying away from Vegas is a very smart idea considering even the majority of our coaching staff couldn’t be trusted.

Are we sure it’s the USA version?

Maybe Kev’s had a quiet word to Kerrod and the other Kimmorley brother and we’re planning another super league?

IMG 5409

Would Matt Lodge get an invite back to New York? If they were to ever play one there?

Every player, you'd think, would be treating this as an audition.

Thankful that Haas resigned before he trained with the Rams... Can imagine his deadbeat agent suddenly claiming that he has Joe Burrow-esque offers on the table....

I think realistically Haas is the only player on our entire roster with the physical tools that might even catch the attention of an NFL team. Even then, he lacks the aggression to play D-Line, the intelligence to play off the ball LB and the experience and technique to play O-line. Maybe he'd get a look as a big pass-catching red zone tight end, but realistically no team would spend a 55 man roster spot on something like that.

I do hope some of the professionalism, attention to detail and preparedness of the NFL coaches and players rubs off on some of our boys - especially Cobbo.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Lozza
  • winslow_wong
  • bert_lifts
  • Johnny92
  • DMZ
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.