NEWS Broncos sign another hooker

Levi is a good signing for us, it bridges the gap between Turpin and the next best 9 we have by a country mile, Levi has decent 1st grade experience and isn't that old either, he had a little dip when he left Newcastle for Manly but I think if he can get back to that level this could be a good long term pairing for us.

Whether people rate Levi specifically, it's hard to argue that this style of pickup to play this role for us is basically a perfect signing.

It gives us an experienced backup to help Turpin off the Bench or cover him being out for any reason and it allows Paix to continue to play Queensland Cup and get decent minutes instead of wasting his time playing cameo minutes for our NRL side which is not in his long term interest.
Isn't this similar to signing Croft? Bought cheaply, experience in the nrl and to cover an area in which we were very light. By light I do mean first grade experience and observed form.

I won't judge him based on his performances for Newcastle and Manly, players often come back bigger and better than ever after they are forced to face a few hard realities.

Being a starter in 2 NRL teams and then having to work his way back after spending a little period in QLD Cup, who knows.. and off the bench too, we will be looking for impact. He's played rep footy so at some stage someone obviously rated him, this is a fantastic opportunity for him.

Isn't this similar to signing Croft? Bought cheaply, experience in the nrl and to cover an area in which we were very light. By light I do mean first grade experience and observed form.
Not exactly, Levi has a bit more experience and has been a starting Hooker for years, in his last few years for Newcastle he was in good form to be the Kiwi Hooker until B.Smith took over, he then got moved to Manly where he hasn't hit the same level since but he is still only 25, can come back better.

Not exactly, Levi has a bit more experience and has been a starting Hooker for years, in his last few years for Newcastle he was in good form to be the Kiwi Hooker until B.Smith took over, he then got moved to Manly where he hasn't hit the same level since but he is still only 25, can come back better.
Yeah, hence the word 'similar'

Yeah, hence the word 'similar'
How is this similar, Croft has never even been close to rep level ever, and I don't think he is signed to be a starter like Croft was.

Hi All, been lurking here a bit but not sure anyone has mentioned this yet.. Billy Walters is relocating to Brisbane (or may have already). Don’t know if that means he’ll end up in the 30 but it would not be wildly presumptive to think so.

Hi All, been lurking here a bit but not sure anyone has mentioned this yet.. Billy Walters is relocating to Brisbane (or may have already). Don’t know if that means he’ll end up in the 30 but it would not be wildly presumptive to think so.
If he's relocating now then there must be a deal in place. He's at the end of his recovery period.

Though it wouldn't make sense that we'd sign Walters for the rest of the year given Levi has just signed.

Unless there really is legs to the rumours Dearden is gone and Walters is his 5/8 replacement

If he's relocating now then there must be a deal in place. He's at the end of his recovery period.

Though it wouldn't make sense that we'd sign Walters for the rest of the year given Levi has just signed.

Unless there really is legs to the rumours Dearden is gone and Walters is his 5/8 replacement
the office GIF

I think he is pretty average as a player in general, but has the skills in being an effective 14. Hopefully only playing 20-25mins per game. If he is going well, Turpin could always come back on at 13.

Unread

Active Now

• Galah
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Morkel
  • Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.