Broncos sign Jesse Arthars

I'm happy with the approach they are taking at the moment.

It's somewhat like they're standing back looking internally at who in the group is worth persevering with and would only go for a big signing if the need warrants it.

Who was the last big recruit to Melbourne??

I can't even think of anyone they've actively chased for big coin for probably 15+ years!!

Rather they look to build players from the ground up and instill the culture into them from a young age.
There was talk that they went after milford pretty hard when his last contract ended, but that may been to increase the amount we offered and screw us over again.

I'm happy with the approach they are taking at the moment.

It's somewhat like they're standing back looking internally at who in the group is worth persevering with and would only go for a big signing if the need warrants it.

Who was the last big recruit to Melbourne??

I can't even think of anyone they've actively chased for big coin for probably 15+ years!!

Rather they look to build players from the ground up and instill the culture into them from a young age.

They chased Milf didn't they?

The question I ask is who would you drop?

For me it is Macca Shiba Isaako and Boyd

Shiba get replaced by Bird
Isaako gets replaced by Coates or Farnworth
Macca gets replaced by Turpin and Seggy.
Boyd gets replaced by Milford
Milford gets replaced by Sos, or Paix

We have a lot of talent we just need them fit, actually turning up for the coach and to shed the dregs.

You say bring in George Burgess but who would you drop for Burgess in a fully fit team?

Offa? TpJ? Lodge? Haas? Flegler?

The only spot I could argue we are lacking is either a new fullback or a new half depending on where you play Milf. Maloney could be great in halves. Next to Deardon with Milf at the back.

I’m not having a go at you, im asking myself these same questions. Do we really need a big name signing? Especially someone as inconsistent as Burges.

These young people aren't battle hardened and we are seeing the results this year with massive yoyo performance. We desperately need a proper leader. I'm not advocating going out and buying George Burgess but he would be a big name signing if we did and we would easily make room for him in the side as he is still a good player. If we roll into next year with the same roster we have now, we wont be any better for it. Seibold might get a stay of execution for this years performance, but the club wont put up with a bottom 8 finish next year. He needs a high calibre signing that will fit into the team he moulding that can get the job done next year. Otherwise he will be out on his ass. A half would be great as I'm not too confident two rookies could get the job done, but a strike forward with leadership qualities would be fantastic.

These young people aren't battle hardened and we are seeing the results this year with massive yoyo performance. We desperately need a proper leader. I'm not advocating going out and buying George Burgess but he would be a big name signing if we did and we would easily make room for him in the side as he is still a good player. If we roll into next year with the same roster we have now, we wont be any better for it. Seibold might get a stay of execution for this years performance, but the club wont put up with a bottom 8 finish next year. He needs a high calibre signing that will fit into the team he moulding that can get the job done next year. Otherwise he will be out on his ass. A half would be great as I'm not too confident two rookies could get the job done, but a strike forward with leadership qualities would be fantastic.
Kids will all be a year older some with an origin campaign under their belts. I can't see how they won't be better.

They chased Milf didn't they?
There was talk that they went after milford pretty hard when his last contract ended, but that may been to increase the amount we offered and screw us over again.
Better wording may have been who have the Storm signed from other clubs on big coin

Not sure the NRL rumour mill can be fully trusted... they probably looked at storm without cooper thinking well they have $1m to spend and need a playmaker... oh look milf is off contract.

Better wording may have been who have the Storm signed from other clubs on big coin

Not sure the NRL rumour mill can be fully trusted... they probably looked at storm without cooper thinking well they have $1m to spend and need a playmaker... oh look milf is off contract.

I remember them wanting to give us Munster in return for Milford. I wish Broncos did that deal.

Considering the culture Siebs is trying to build post James Roberts i don't believe G Burgess coming aligns very well with that. I say this with full appreciation of what he brings as a player...

Do note Lodge has resigned for three years, will be 25 years old next season and to my mind is being groomed to become that forward leader we crave.

I wouldn't mind seeing what Paul Vaughan would do leading this pack but i cant see this potential signing being at all feasible...

Last edited:

Active Now

• Tim K
  • Broncorob
  • Bish
  • TimWhatley
  • FACTHUNT
  • Santa
  • Pablo
  • broncos4life
  • Financeguy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  • Tmac
  • Waynesaurus
  • mieko
  • lynx000
  • BroncosAlways
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.