Broncos sign Jesse Arthars

Seems like a weird purchase... He is a centre/winger. In those positions we currently have Bird, Staggs, Oates, Isaako, Coates, Farnsworth, Shibasaki, Perese. All but the last 2-3 would be in front of him you would think, unless someone like Isaako or Bird are being moved on. Surely if all of those players stay he is just a depth option?
Might be an indication that seibs is considering a positional move for bird (or preparing his stocks if bird asks to leave on compassionate grounds)?

Seems like a weird purchase... He is a centre/winger. In those positions we currently have Bird, Staggs, Oates, Isaako, Coates, Farnsworth, Shibasaki, Perese. All but the last 2-3 would be in front of him you would think, unless someone like Isaako or Bird are being moved on. Surely if all of those players stay he is just a depth option?

Is he though? Every good judge on here has suggested his best position is fullback.

I mean that would be ideal, but whether that happens or not, still seems a weird buy. Especially if the Titans were keen to keep him... That would indicate we paid a decent amount... He seems okay in attack but a few times hes seen out of his depth in defence. I dunno. Just seems an odd one with our current squad. Surely one of our backline regulars must be on their way out.

It doesn’t necessarily mean that, it means he could value working with Seibs again and not playing for a shit stain club.

I haven't seen him in a while, but he was certainly an above average Fullback for the Seagulls and I heard nothing but good things about him at the Bears.

Hasn't done too badly at the Tits in FG either, but like @1910 said, I don't think his best position is Centre.

Choosing to play for Seibs is a plus, and he won't be poisoned by the toxic attitude the club was left behind with.

Especially if the Titans were keen to keep him... That would indicate we paid a decent amount...

hmmm ... Titans or Broncos ... really tough choice that.

many players would come to us for less than the Titans, as it would be better for there careers long term.

our current ladder position is temporary, while we transition our roster and playing style to that of a new coach.

the Titans ladder position is permanent.

Let’s not start this to and fro in ANOTHER thread, thanks.
So you're not allowed to reply to ANOTHER boring, repetitive comment. The fact you know it is likely to start shows how boring and repetitive it is for everyone else. And yet, we are not allowed to let him know so he's free to sprout his bs and ruin every single thread with it...

Could be why we didn't go after Drinkwater...

...beat me to it.....yeh its a strong possibility that this is indeed what happened..

Broncos must still not be cap-compliant though so we still need to hear the club announce the resigning of TPJ (Cant wait to see what his contract offer was for..) and this new signing..

Regardless, Welcome Jesse; you are years away from your prime years which we all hope are spent with the club....AND YOU CAN PLAY FULLBACK...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you're not allowed to reply to ANOTHER boring, repetitive comment. The fact you know it is likely to start shows how boring and repetitive it is for everyone else. And yet, we are not allowed to let him know so he's free to sprout his bs and ruin every single thread with it...

I made one comment on yet another pointless signing. But you do you mate.

A good way to see if you've signed a promising junior is to take a look at the comments on his previous team's forum (link below)

FWIW most of them are disappointed to lose him... some because he was given an opportunity with them and left whilst others are disappointed at losing a promising junior.

I think we should cut him some slack and if he has potential to become a good centre/fullback that will be great for us. Sounds like he has potential and also sounds like he is a serious advocate of Seibs and his methods, which are the players we are after

Last edited:
Wasn't Mal's blueprint for success to poach our players?

Why is it pointless?

because he's another middle of the road plodder - the only type of player seibold has signed.

Other than Seggy but that was out of necessity not out of any foresight from the coach.

because he's another middle of the road plodder - the only type of player seibold has signed.

Other than Seggy but that was out of necessity not out of any foresight from the coach.
You have no idea whether he's a plodder or not.

You have no idea the state of our salary cap and whether we can afford to sign established gun players. The reporting on our salary cap suggests we can't.

Thanks for your thoughts though.

Block him if it's upsetting you so much and that way every thread will be just the way you like it.

Unread

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • Broncosgirl
  • FACTHUNT
  • Strop
  • Xzei
  • Porthoz
  • sooticus
  • Evander
  • Justwin
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Dazza 92
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.