OFFICIAL Broncos sign John Asiata to one year deal

only if you want no depth (and a versatile player).

i'm actually pretty sure they wanted to re-sign him ... he chose not to for the reasons previously stated
You seem to be interpreting calling him surplus to requirements as a criticism of him, even though I made it abundantly clear that it wasn't.

Brandon Smith and Harry Grant are both absolute guns, but both are surplus to requirements at Melbourne if Cameron Smith plays on. Matt Burton at the Panthers looks to be a gun of the future but he too is surplus to requirements at the Panthers behind two other young guns in Cleary and Luai.

Being behind Taumalolo doesn't diminish Asiata as a player. Every other Lock in the game would be surplus to requirements at the Cowboys too. You don't need to leap to defend him here because no one is bagging him, least of all me. I'm simply saying he doesn't hold much value for the Cowboys because they have JT, whilst he offers plenty of potential value to us because we (at least last I checked) do not have JT.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Browny
  • Broncosgirl
  • Waynesaurus
  • BroncoFan94
  • Foordy
  • Broncorob
  • Wolfie
  • GCBRONCO
  • broncos4life
  • Behind enemy lines
  • theshed
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Fozz
  • Lurker
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Cavalo
  • Spooky1013
  • MrTickyMcG
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.