Broncos sign Matt Lodge on one-year deal

Not bad for minimum wage, so keen to see what he can do next season, we might have 3 of the best young forwards in the game next season with him, Pangai Jr & Ofahengaue. Not even mentioning the possible progression of Haas, Fifita & co.

I thought minimum wage in 2018 was 120k and he would have to paid that if he is in the top 30?

I thought minimum wage in 2018 was 120k and he would have to paid that if he is in the top 30?

100k next year, increasing to 120k in 2022.

Although those figures were only released yesterday, it's possible that Lodge agreed to the terms before the change in minimum wage (And would probably be bumped up to 100k)

@smokinjoe was right again...

I carefully noted however he said ‘signings’ tho...

:dealwithit:

I have a feeling the Broncos should have taken a chance on him and offered him a much sweeter deal.

If he kills it like everyone thinks he will, then all of those desperate clubs are just going to come in and throw a ridiculous amount of money at him and considering his financial situation, I can see us losing him easily.

At least if he is already tied down for a few years, he might be more willing to stay with us.

Although those figures were only released yesterday, it's possible that Lodge agreed to the terms before the change in minimum wage (And would probably be bumped up to 100k)

or just shows the quality of rugby league journalism and how inaccurate reported figures really are

Quality signing at 85k. Now we just need to offload some minnows in the intervening time so we can bump up his offer if he kills it.

And the butthurt begins in earnest on LU :porthozthinksthisishot:

Quality signing at 85k. Now we just need to offload some minnows in the intervening time so we can bump up his offer if he kills it.

it isn't going to be 85k ... the minimum wage is 100k ... just another league reporter proving that they know jack shit about anything rugby league related

I would have happily had us pay a little bit more per year if it meant a 2 year deal instead of a one year deal. He has the goods 100% lodge, but it will take a year to rediscover it at nrl level surely

Thaiday’s money becomes available at the end of 2018 for a start and as we apparently put an offer in for Taylor we must have money spare within the cap. I would suggest if he kills it and stays on the straight and narrow, we will have a fair offer available for him...

I have a feeling the Broncos should have taken a chance on him and offered him a much sweeter deal.

If he kills it like everyone thinks he will, then all of those desperate clubs are just going to come in and throw a ridiculous amount of money at him and considering his financial situation, I can see us losing him easily.

At least if he is already tied down for a few years, he might be more willing to stay with us.
100%. You watch the Knights, Dragons or Manly throw 5-600k at him. If he's as good as they say I'm surprised we didn't offer a better deal.

its quite funny reading wayne's comments now that lodge is a required commodity for the club compared to when lodge first showed up.
i remember clearly the first day lodged rocked up to red hill.

he had pair of shorts on and a singlet with his tattos on show. bennetts comments " i knew you would be one of those !@$#/%+@"

its quite funny reading wayne's comments now that lodge is a required commodity for the club compared to when lodge first showed up.
i remember clearly the first day lodged rocked up to red hill.

he had pair of shorts on and a singlet with his tattos on show. bennetts comments " i knew you would be one of those !@$#/%+@"

I’m guessing with McGuire, Bird and now Lodge, Wayne’s reservations on tatts may have been modified somewhat...

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Foordy
  • Aldo
  • Justwin
  • Fitzy
  • Strop
  • Johnny92
  • BroncosAlways
  • Mustafur
  • armchair
  • Broncosgirl
  • mrtij
  • broncoscope
  • heartly87
  • Bish
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Behold
  • Sproj
  • bert_lifts
  • Fozz
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.