Broncos sign Payne Haas

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
We have signed the highly rated 16 year old on a 3 year deal.

Re: Broncos sign Payne Hass

THE Broncos have scored a major coup by securing Gold Coast junior Payne Haas – the teen sensation rated the next Jason Taumalolo.

The monster 16-year-old has spent the past six months weighing up formal offers from 10 NRL clubs, plus scholarship offers from American football college teams.
The Cowboys, Titans, Manly, Sydney Roosters, Parramatta, Canterbury, Melbourne and the Panthers were among the clubs vying for the Australian Schoolboys sensation.
But Haas has opted for the Broncos, who have secured the Keebra Park product to a three-year deal until the end of 2019.
At 193cm and 110kg, Haas is already as big as Cowboys wrecking ball Taumalolo and the scary thing is he’s still two months shy of his 17th birthday.
Haas was keen to be mentored by Broncos super coach Wayne Bennett and wanted the chance to learn forward play from Maroons enforcer Sam Thaiday.
“It was an extensive process and very humbling for young Payne,” his manager Chris Orr said. “He certainly appreciated the level of interest but in the end family won out. At his age the Broncos tick all the boxes the family required and provide a positive and professional environment to develop his game.”

No Cookies | The Courier Mail

Sounds like a promising signing.

Can someone change the spelling of the titles of the thread his name is spelt Paas.

Can someone change the spelling of the titles of the thread his name is spelt Paas.

Not being mean, but I'm pretty sure you spelt it right the first time Payne Haas

This is a stroke of good luck.

Will he have to wait 1 year if he is turning 17 or even 2 years to play first grade? I'm pretty sure you have to be 18 to play first grade

Anyone seen him play?

Nice... could be pushing for a spot in 2018. I reckon now all we need is to land someone like Vaughan for nextcyear.

Could you Imagine this in 2018 in no order

Mcguire
Blair
Thaiday
Glenn
Oates
Tevita Pangai Jnr
Ofahengaue
Haas
Essssseeeeeessssseeeeeeeee
Gillett

And if we sign another big bopper for next that is one impressive list to choose your forward pack from....

Kids 16 so lets just ease up from putting him in our potential sides for the future ok

Could you Imagine this in 2018 in no order

Mcguire
Blair
Thaiday
Glenn
Oates
Tevita Pangai Jnr
Ofahengaue
Haas
Essssseeeeeessssseeeeeeeee
Gillett

And if we sign another big bopper for next that is one impressive list to choose your forward pack from....

Nice bench for fresh legs as well , Cowboys have big boppers and they always have fresh legs to replace. Ours looks good as well

yep exciting news

there would have to be some very happy blokes living at/close to home for this to work out otherwise someones moving on soon..

Su'a and Arrow seem WB 'types', but I guess Thaidy reaching the golden years and a shoot out btwn Glenn and Oates, someone misses out there.. poor Funaki too and Fai i guess

Last edited:

Active Now

• Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  • Strop
  • Wolfie
  • Justwin
  • Jazza
  • eggstar10
  • broncsgoat
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Battler
  • Harry Sack
  • ezpz
  • davidp
  • Brocko
  • BroncosAlways
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.