OFFICIAL Broncos sign Ryan James

Good signing. As others have mentioned, he will offer a lot off field and if he gets some games in on the field as well, that's a bonus. You would think he would essentially take the Kennedy bench / depth / experience role.

I'm just glad it's not Napa or anyone other off contract plodders/trouble makers people want us to recruit because they recognize their name and give zero thought to the culture we're trying to build.

Solid signing, hope it's on the cheap.

Love it. Big signing.
Bored Episode 15 GIF by The Simpsons

I would have preferred to keep bullemor but see the value in this signing.

An experienced prop to come into the game from the bench to support the less experienced reserves and maintain the middle when hass comes off.

What I am liking about our signings is that we are identifying what we need in our team and recruiting players on this basis.

With signings such as this one and the Jensen signing, makes me wonder if DD is implementing the infamous storm "moneyball" system.

Whereby they run their system over our team and remove anyone who's found to be not needed. Then identify the gaps and run their formula over every available player in the comp and both James and Jensen came out on top?

I feel like previous Brisbane (prior to DD) would have seen Marty Tapau is been offered around and spent every last cent to get him leaving us with a tight, top heavy cap again.

it's been a while since the following has really been needed on BHQ ... but this post see's it's return.

View attachment 15268
I have to be honest and admit my first reaction on reading that post was 'I wish we had a thumbs down emoji'. I understand we want to hear a diverse range of opinions on here to ensure our forum does not descend into a myopic echo chamber. A 'circle jerk' if you will. So the post needed at least a line or two to justify or put in context what they were talking about.

As it stood, to me, it just read as plain and simple mindless negativity.

Despite the emoji being a wee bit disproportionate :rofl , I still applaud your initiative @Foordy.

I have to be honest and admit my first reaction on reading that post was 'I wish we had a thumbs down emoji'. I understand we want to hear a diverse range of opinions on here to ensure our forum does not descend into a myopic echo chamber. A 'circle jerk' if you will. So the post needed at least a line or two to justify or put in context what they were talking about.

As it stood, to me, it just read as plain and simple mindless negativity.

Despite the emoji being a wee bit disproportionate :rofl , I still applaud your initiative @Foordy.

probably was a bit big ... not easy to find a much smaller one on google images (and i'm too lazy for that). but i did make one that was a tad more proportionate 😎

With signings such as this one and the Jensen signing, makes me wonder if DD is implementing the infamous storm "moneyball" system.

Whereby they run their system over our team and remove anyone who's found to be not needed. Then identify the gaps and run their formula over every available player in the comp and both James and Jensen came out on top?

I feel like previous Brisbane (prior to DD) would have seen Marty Tapau is been offered around and spent every last cent to get him leaving us with a tight, top heavy cap again.
I think Ikin used to talk about being a massive moneyball fan on 360 so it's probably the approach he's looking to take.

I think we'll have a chunk of cash in the cap now to make a big play signing should an opportunity pop up

I think Ikin used to talk about being a massive moneyball fan on 360 so it's probably the approach he's looking to take.

I think we'll have a chunk of cash in the cap now to make a big play signing should an opportunity pop up
Hence the reason for keeping a couple of spots open. Wouldn't surprise me if we make another decent signing in the off season.

more likely for the 2023 season ... still got to get Lodge and maybe TPJ (although reports were he took more money at the Bulldogs) off our books

He’s cheap and he brings experience.

He hasn’t been performing that well at the Raiders, but neither was Blair at the Tigers.

Sometimes a change of scenery is a good thing. It wasn’t long ago he was in line to play for NSW and was one of the best props in the comp.

I think he deserves a shot to show why he would be a good signing.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Aldo
  • lynx000
  • sooticus
  • broncsgoat
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • MrTickyMcG
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.