OFFICIAL Broncos Sourced Player Movement and Confirmed Signings - Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smaller clubs already don’t win premierships... the point of a salary cap is so clubs like us don’t excel majorly over other teams... otherwise we’d have no issue keeping players
How would you define the roosters? After 20 years of sustained success they have under 15,000 members and are lucky to fill 20% of their stadium. Instead of politis playing golf he'd have to compete fairly and he wouldn't be a rich man for very long if he had to do it that way bcos his club doesn't make money on its own.
The sharks won a premiership too. The storm would be smaller then the titans if they didn't have the success they have had.

Look at the tv ratings this year with the Broncos at the bottom. Imagine how much they'd improve if the Broncos, souths, dragons, warriors and eels were at the top each year, and imagine how good it'd be for the game compared to the current situation.

Please, tell me. Is it for competition? There has been more diversity in the English premier league champions then in the NRL for the last 20 years. So it can't be that.
I believe it was actually originally brought in to stop poorer clubs from overspending and going broke. So if these clubs can't manage themselves and they don't have enough money to keep up, why are they in the NRL?
So what's the purpose of it. I'd love to hear the justification... small clubs with small fan numbers winning premierships does not grow the game. This "it's gotta be fair" (even though it doesn't achieve this) Australian sport mentality is bs. A major reason soccer continues to grow despite it being the most popular sport in the world by a LARGE MARGIN is bcos the POPULAR TEAMS WITH LOTS OF FANS WIN.
Well I could be wrong but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the civil war. 😉

Smaller clubs already don’t win premierships... the point of a salary cap is so clubs like us don’t excel majorly over other teams... otherwise we’d have no issue keeping players
Something like 16 of the last 19 grand finals have involved the roosters and storm haha...its not working if that is the goal. The 2 clubs with the SMALLEST AMOUNT OF JUNIOR CLUB TEAMS as well. There have been 5 minor premiers in the past 20 years! The English premier league has had 6 league champions in that time hahaha they don't have a cap like the NRL. It is a joke that is manipulated constantly (golf bets, medical retirements).
Anyway, MORE FANS SHOULD EQUAL MORE SUCCESS, it's that simple. Why shouldn't it. My dad follows a tiny club in Scotland, they won some stuff in the 80s but that's it. He still love the club more then any NRL fan would their club. He grew up there, he didn't follow them bcos they have a chance of a championship. How shallow and fairweather a fan you'd be. He can't understand why I buy a membership for the Broncos. He once said something along the lines of "if your money isn't going towards making the team better bcos there's a cap on it to match the smaller teams, why get the membership? It's just going to the ceos back pocket". Sadly, he's right. Enough of this "gotta make it fair" mentality. That's not how life works and you don't get more popular by bending to the minority.

How do you know what we are paying for Bird? Source?

Just heard it from somebody i know a couple of days ago we were chipping in a fairly sizable chuck of change, and there was something in the media about us paying about $400k i think it was. Dont really have anything concrete tbh.

But the NRL lets Storm and Roosters dominate for 10+ years. **** the cap off
Thats through cap management... there’s no cap on admin... it’s not there fault they have more of a than us and everyone else

Good god, why would we move Staggs to left center. He just isnt that effective there. His defence is even worse there than on the right.
I agree, katoni is a natural right centre. He carries the ball in his right hand and fends with the left (as aiken from st george would confirm), switching to the left negates that weapon. He just needs to work on his defensive reads.

Last edited:
Staggs going to be out first few rounds of the season and they want to keep X and Gagai combo on the right.
I’m also hearing Kevvie is keeping a close eye on what GI is doing next year as well.

Staggs going to be out first few rounds of the season and they want to keep X and Gagai combo on the right.
I’m also hearing Kevvie is keeping a close eye on what GI is doing next year as well.
Your just taking the piss now

You pushed it too far.

Thats through cap management... there’s no cap on admin... it’s not there fault they have more of a than us and everyone else
EXACTLY. it's got nothing to do with the fans or supporters. Nothing....

just took it that one step too far ...

which is a shame because Gagai would be a handy pickup at the right price

Don’t shoot the messenger. He’s chasing experience players.

If he’s chasing experienced players then why not cam smith instead of an over weight and washed Greg inglis?

Kevvie planning to roll out this side next year?

1. Shearer
2. W.Sailor
3. De Vere
4. Inglis
5. Hancock
6. Kevvie
7. Alfie
8. Lazarus
9. S.Walters
10. Civoniceva
11. Tallis
12. Thaiday
13. T.Matterson

14. J.Hetherington
15. Carlaw
16. Cann
17. Miles

What could go wrong?

If he’s chasing experienced players then why not cam smith instead of an over weight and washed Greg inglis?
Because Smith is most likely going to retire?
All I know is GI is having second thoughts about going to England and Kevvie is keeping a close eye on things.
Kevvie wanted GI to play origin this year but it was quickly shutdown when Wayno was made coach.

Kevvie planning to roll out this side next year?

1. Shearer
2. W.Sailor
3. De Vere
4. Inglis
5. Hancock
6. Kevvie
7. Alfie
8. Lazarus
9. S.Walters
10. Civoniceva
11. Tallis
12. Thaiday
13. T.Matterson

14. J.Hetherington
15. Carlaw
16. Cann
17. Miles

What could go wrong?
Finally a list I can get behind!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bish
  • heartly87
  • Fozz
  • Manofoneway
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.