OFFICIAL Broncos Sourced Player Movement and Confirmed Signings - Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if they weren’t forthcoming about Bird’s issues, it was up to our medical staff to do their due diligence regarding his chest. Especially as he was publicly known to have a fairly debilitating physical issue in his arthritis.
The same medical staff that sent Anthony Milford out 2 weeks into a 4 week hamstring recovery in a nothing game against the Dragons and broke him for the year, ignoring basic medical advice that even a backyard hack Dr or a five minute Google search could have told them was all but guaranteed to happen?

Yeah, sure, they'd have been all over warning us about Jack Bird.

Last edited:
The same medical staff that sent Anthony Milford out 2 weeks into a 4 week hamstring recovery in a nothing game against the Dragons and broke him for the year, ignoring basic medical advice that even a backyard hack Dr or a five minute Google search could have told them was all but guaranteed to happen?

Yeah, sure, they'd have been all over warning us about Jack Bird.
The worst thing about the Bird situation is that his arthritis was public knowledge and it is known to cause joint and bone fusion abnormalities. Surely you’d give him a scan before dropping a mil a season.

The worst thing about the Bird situation is that his arthritis was public knowledge and it is known to cause joint and bone fusion abnormalities. Surely you’d give him a scan before dropping a mil a season.
You'd have to first assume that the people making these decisions are competent at their jobs, despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

I know it's easy to rag on @Foordy for suggesting Moylan, but I think the idea has merit if we have the salary cap space.
Surely we have at least 700kish spare? Rather than having empty space, taking a 1 year contract to fill a gap isn't bad, gives Moylan a chance to fight for a contract, and there's no risk to us. Anything more than 12 months/350k-ish would be insane though. The off contract list looks absolutely pathetic, but I'd be looking at Moylan more as a late pre-season purchase if nothing else comes through.

That is only under the condition that Smith/Grant are 100% off the table though.

Last edited:
Rather take a chance on Caleb Aekins for a year than Matt Moylan.

Uh oh

Someone check on the rest of the Staff.

It’s spreading

I would rather play Milford than sign moylan

I know it's easy to rag on @Foordy for suggesting Moylan, but I think the idea has merit if we have the salary cap space.
Surely we have at least 700kish spare? Rather than having empty space, taking a 1 year contract to fill a gap isn't bad, gives Moylan a chance to fight for a contract, and there's no risk to us. Anything more than 12 months/350k-ish would be insane though. The off contract list looks absolutely pathetic, but I'd be looking at Moylan more as a late pre-season purchase if nothing else comes through.

That is only under the condition that Smith/Grant are 100% off the table though.
Moylan is a waste of time, better off chasing niko hynes for less $$

Returning to this idea as I just can't see a single upside to it:

Injury prone
Won't be cheap
Done absolutely nothing in the game despite being lauded for years

Moylan has been one of the most overrated players in the NRL in the last decade. If he didn't come through the famed Panthers nursery I doubt he would've reached 100 games. Average fullback, average 5/8th. We've already got a highly paid player who's average in both positions but at least he's younger and less injury prone, and at one stage showed potential to be something more.

Nah, just go for Allan. Plus he's one of our kids.

As for our medical staff, these are the blokes who are like, yeah that's a compound break of the leg for sure...oh sorry, it's just a really big cut.
Don't forget the classic "she'll be right just keep running on it you soft ****" then ten weeks later "oops we made you play a coupla months on a broken leg."

Don't forget the classic "she'll be right just keep running on it you soft ****" then ten weeks later "oops we made you play a coupla months on a broken leg."

Deadset useless.

Maybe the doctors are also from Rocky. Jobs for mates everywhere.

Last edited:

You're assuming Moylan would sign on for only 1 year.... when it's more likely that he'd be trying to get a 3-4 yr deal.

If he doesn't get the terms he wants then he just doesn't sign it... I'm sure desperate clubs will come in with offers

If he wants to try and revive his career in a 12 month span he's better off going to super league, destroying their comp, likely winning the man of steel award and then wait for the offers to roll in.

Worked for Barba and Seggy... Austin and Hastings also get talked up delux because they're dominating the ESL

Last edited:
You're assuming Moylan would sign on for only 1 year.... when it's more likely that he'd be trying to get a 3-4 yr deal.

If he doesn't get the terms he wants then he just doesn't sign it... I'm sure desperate clubs will come in with offers
Yeah needs coin for his habit

Returning to this idea as I just can't see a single upside to it:

Injury prone
Won't be cheap
Done absolutely nothing in the game despite being lauded for years

Moylan has been one of the most overrated players in the NRL in the last decade. If he didn't come through the famed Panthers nursery I doubt he would've reached 100 games. Average fullback, average 5/8th. We've already got a highly paid player who's average in both positions but at least he's younger and less injury prone, and at one stage showed potential to be something more.
Far out Moylan is 29? Jesus

Nah, just go for Allan. Plus he's one of our kids.

As for our medical staff, these are the blokes who are like, yeah that's a compound break of the leg for sure...oh sorry, it's just a really big cut.

yep, ill second this idea; im in no mood to help the Sharks out of a debilitating roster decision twice...Bird was bad enough....

Allen really cant do a damn thing that well in a backline except fullback....and we need a fullback....so kinda makes sense..

We may have to await what decision Souths make once Mitchell is back next season.

Will the put him back into the centres even though he's paid at fullback wages? Do they finally get a deal in place for Addo-Carr to go there, what's happening with Roberts...

Regardless, it would be wise for us to be right there just in case Allen loses the fullback job. We can tempt him with it if he returns to Brisbane...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Allo
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.