OFFICIAL Broncos Sourced Player Movement and Confirmed Signings - Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is only dropping by 10% ... that'll hurt other clubs much more than it will hurt us ...

It may actually benefit us since other clubs may have to release players to get under the new cap

It’s not 10% yet, Union want 5%.

Like that’s gonna happen... even our recruitment team wouldn’t be dumb enough to do that
To be fair to Stu_9, i understand where he is coming from. Although dufty has the occasional poor game in him, if he improved his consistency (which i think he did in the latter half of this year), dufty would bring some characteristics we would need to play the style of attack kevie said he wants to play. Speed, great support play, good pass on him and that "x factor".

The issue would be that we would be weakening our already slim centre stocks, and I would be looking for greater compensation though as bird and dufty are not in that same tier of player.

Dragons might be the home for broncos rejects.....fair enough too....we had the sims boys 🙄

well, cuts both ways.....Bird isnt a free agent, still being linked with other teams.....who is to say a contracted player comes back to replace him..?

I really dont understand what St George are doing personally; they have spent millions over the last few years bringing in guys with zero attachment to the club like Hunt, Norman and now Bird (former Cronulla player remember..). The culture of the club is in the toilet, 2 players now charged with sexual assault....

And their kids coming through like Saab allowed to leave..?

I really dont understand the direction or strategy they are trying to implement here.....but then again......dont give 2 shits either frankly...

well, cuts both ways.....Bird isnt a free agent, still being linked with other teams.....who is to say a contracted player comes back to replace him..?

I really dont understand what St George are doing personally; they have spent millions over the last few years bringing in guys with zero attachment to the club like Hunt, Norman and now Bird (former Cronulla player remember..). The culture of the club is in the toilet, 2 players now charged with sexual assault....

And their kids coming through like Saab allowed to leave..?

I really dont understand the direction or strategy they are trying to implement here.....but then again......dont give 2 shits either frankly...
Bird was actually born in Wollongong and played NYC for the dragons

There is way too much smoke to this fire. It’ll happen and we’ll probably pay 500k+ of his salary. Absolutely rubbish unless we are getting Grant...but we won’t.

If we move on Bird without it being solely to bring in a big name in an important position, I’ll be throwing out Big Pete’s “Kev’s first blue as coach” line.

Like others have said, unless we are replacing bird with someone top shelf - we are better keeping him and trying to get value out of him. When fit hes a quality player. Not many others on the market that i can think of who would fill his shoes.

I know this may be unpopular and whilst I will probably have changed my opinion by tomorrow what if Jesse Arthars played fullback next year... we obviously aren’t signing anyone and niu was fairly underwhelming and frankly my number 1 option would be Walsh but that’s not gonna happen... Arthars with a preseason at fullback could play his preferred position with strike power and you never know could amaze some people

I know this may be unpopular and whilst I will probably have changed my opinion by tomorrow what if Jesse Arthars played fullback next year... we obviously aren’t signing anyone and niu was fairly underwhelming and frankly my number 1 option would be Walsh but that’s not gonna happen... Arthars with a preseason at fullback could play his preferred position with strike power and you never know could amaze some people
Id be okay with it, he's meant to be lightning quick and I dont hate him yet

The good thing is we have quite a few fullback choices. The bad news is, none of them seem any good or are completely inexperienced.
The best thing is we have a coach coming in who can relate to the players better than the previous coach, and who can hopefully ignite the talent that these young guys have.

Confidence could make all the difference to some of these guys.

Don't really need you to buy it his playing is all I needed to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • Foordy
  • Mr Fourex
  • Organix
  • Fatboy
  • Brocko
  • winslow_wong
  • Morkel
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Harry Sack
  • Johnny92
  • BroncoFan94
  • broncos4life
  • Nerd
  • Shane Tronc
  • Browny
  • Waynesaurus
  • bazza
  • Fozz
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.