OFFICIAL Broncos Sourced Player Movement and Confirmed Signings - Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since 2007.

Lockyer and Wallace 73.6% (53 of 72 games)
Hunt and Milford 65.6%
Milford and Nikorima 60%
Wallace and Norman 53.8%
Hoffman and Hunt 53%
Prince and Wallace 35.7%

47 combinations since 2006 Grand Final. Remaining 41 have not got about nine games.
And that's been our downfall, we need a 9 (grant preferably) and a 1 with dearden to build a team around .

Obviously my comment was based on those rumors being true. And if they are true then he is a self serving brat with a shit attitude. if he is "forced" to play for a club he no longer wants to then his attitude is hardly going to improve and that is the exact attitude Kevin wants to rub out of this club, and not let it rub off onto other players.

I just don't think things have to be one extreme or the other. Only Sith deal in absolutes, after all. Bird may very well want to move back to Sydney if the opportunity arose, but he may also be fine to stay for another year with the goal of playing good footy to make sure he gets to go back home in 2022 with a good deal. Kevvie may see the opportunity to free up some cash by cutting a deal, but also may not be so desperate to offload Bird that he doesn't mind if the right offer doesn't eventuate and can see a role for him in the 2021 team.

I've not seen or heard anything to lead me to believe Bird is a toxic personality in this team. Maybe he is - like just about everyone esle here I have zero inside knowledge. But the fact that he's now worked his way back from three season ending injuries shows he has some got some pretty rock solid fortitude, and that's is a trait I'd like to see rub off on the current team, honestly. And if Kevvie gets them playing good, fun, enjoyable footy, and they start winning more than they lose, I can't imagine Bird kicking stones and white-anting in the background.

After reading this thread, I have a few questions.

Has this Grant guy ever hinted that he would come to Brisbane if Cam Smith didn't retire? Or are we just hoping?

How come people are keen on Sua again? He wasn't great when he was here last.

Who is the Lui people are referring to? Dunamis? Surely not?

I thought I saw something last year where Macca had signed with Canterbury for next season? He's a Bronco again?

Lockyer and Wallace 73.6% (53 of 72 games)
Hunt and Milford 65.6%
Milford and Nikorima 60%
Wallace and Norman 53.8%
Hoffman and Hunt 53%
Prince and Wallace 35.7%

47 combinations since 2006 Grand Final. Remaining 41 have not got about nine games.

🤔 Seems simple enough, we just need an in his primer Darren Lockyer

Has this Grant guy ever hinted that he would come to Brisbane if Cam Smith didn't retire? Or are we just hoping?
hoping. most likely never happen.

hes recovered from a broken ankle and is playing for a competent coach

Only see him mentioned for Origin. He's played well this year tho, ol' Dunny.

I thought I saw something last year where Macca had signed with Canterbury for next season? He's a Bronco again?

don't think anyone is taking him after he snapped the hamstring clean off the bone.

I don't think Grant has ever mentioned the Broncos, it is all hope and wishful thinking that he will come here. I can't see it happening...

Sua has played well for Souths + used to play here + Seibold gone + Fifita gone = please come back

Dunamis...i think people are just desperate for any signing news

Macca had the Kahu clause that he could come back to finish his existing contract which is up at the end of 2021, no reports on any other club offering him a deal

All he's said is he won't be at the Storm if he Cam Smith plays on ... hasn't hinted about going anywhere, we're as good a shot as anyone with the right offer

People have short memories ... he's been gone for nearly 2 years and it is only been is 6 week purple patch to end the season that they remembered about his existence.

most people blame Seibs for both his form and his attitude

Correct sir

The Bulldog thing was only a rumour that the club refuted reasonable quickly

Macca reportedly has a similar release deal to Kahu (more like a loan than a release). hasn't been confirmed that he's coming back ... but the Knights have officially farewelled him. He's probably looking for another starting hooker role before coming back to us to play back up

How about this deal? (Assuming we cannot get Grant or C Smith for 2021)
2021 - Offer Bird to Dragons in direct swap with Ben Hunt. Broncos to pay excess of Hunt's 1.2 mill salary (say $250K). Bird gets his release, Dragons get Bird and save a couple of hundred grand for next season. We are out of pocket about $250K on top of what we would have paid for Bird next year but it solves a fairly decent hole in our squad.
2022 & 2023 - Hunt's large contract now becomes our problem but Dragon's could and should be convinced to pay $250k per season for the remaining length of that ridiculous contract which means our financial commitment to Hunt would be around $950k per year for 2 years. By then we may have moved on from Milford or potentially reduced his contract. In Hunt we get a tough, experienced, representative, 80 minute hooker with a kicking game. He is also a ready-made half should we need coverage. He also has Broncos in his blood. Dragons then have around a million a year freed up to re-sign a resurgent Bird or someone else. I reckon that's not a bad deal for both clubs.
Since Hunt dropped 'that' ball he has never been the same. Up until then he was a free spirit. After the incident he has been gun shy to the max when the game is screaming for a clutch play. I don't blame the guy he is a genuine good bloke and having that sort of stigma attached to your legacy is not a light burden to carry.

I still think he could do a job for us at hooker, but he's not an 80 minute type tackle machine and does become a bit of a speed bump as games progress in the second half.

Hook will not be that keen to let him go either I suspect.

Let’s be honest, we will struggle to re-sign our young blokes that are coming through ie Staggs, Dearden, Coates etc. I’d be shocked if we were able to sign anyone let alone a decent player like Grant.
Imo this mess will take 2-3yrs to sort.

Let’s be honest, we will struggle to re-sign our young blokes that are coming through ie Staggs, Dearden, Coates etc. I’d be shocked if we were able to sign anyone let alone a decent player like Grant.
Imo this mess will take 2-3yrs to sort.

🙄

Broncos win the grand final next year!!! The broken tea cup comes back together. 😃

How about this deal? (Assuming we cannot get Grant or C Smith for 2021)
2021 - Offer Bird to Dragons in direct swap with Ben Hunt. Broncos to pay excess of Hunt's 1.2 mill salary (say $250K). Bird gets his release, Dragons get Bird and save a couple of hundred grand for next season. We are out of pocket about $250K on top of what we would have paid for Bird next year but it solves a fairly decent hole in our squad.
2022 & 2023 - Hunt's large contract now becomes our problem but Dragon's could and should be convinced to pay $250k per season for the remaining length of that ridiculous contract which means our financial commitment to Hunt would be around $950k per year for 2 years. By then we may have moved on from Milford or potentially reduced his contract. In Hunt we get a tough, experienced, representative, 80 minute hooker with a kicking game. He is also a ready-made half should we need coverage. He also has Broncos in his blood. Dragons then have around a million a year freed up to re-sign a resurgent Bird or someone else. I reckon that's not a bad deal for both clubs.
I like that you have put forward an idea as a possible solution but I do not want to take hunts final two years on that money, especially given his age and irregular form. I know you are suggesting at hooker where he plays well but I think we could go for other options with less money. such as Brandon Smith Also he seems determined to be a halfback first.

I like that you have put forward an idea as a possible solution but I do not want to take hunts final two years on that money, especially given his age and irregular form. I know you are suggesting at hooker where he plays well but I think we could go for other options with less money. such as Brandon Smith Also he seems determined to be a halfback first.
fair call

Going back to this bird story, who were the dragons reportedly speaking to from the broncos? Kev is not officially in the coaching role yet, white is just buying time until the end of the year, so he would not be making any decisions. Who had this alleged conversation? Again i call bullshit on this tabloid "journalism".

The way league journalism is deteriorating i would not be surprised if in the next 6 months there is a headline "kevie walters is pregnant with a nrl player's child, but you wont guess who!"

we should offer to pay 200k of Hunt's contract with them footing the rest of the bill ... surely they'll accept that offer, it would be "arrogant" of them not to
That could be a rumour, the media will pick up on it for sure

He has the leverage here because we need to generate a result out of him this year, whereas he's already contractually guaranteed to get his best result out of us.
What you say is 100% correct, however I reckon Bird has painted himself into a corner, he has no option but to do all he can for the club in 2021, or he risks finding himself playing in the ISC competition, where he will have to shine or his contract value for 2022 will be severely diminished, if he gets busted again next season, I doubt he will get any sort of contract in 2022 from another club either , certainly the Broncos won't want him if he is busted again.

No , grant is the only hooker we should be chasing. His game awareness is worth his weight in gold. Hunt dosen't have it , can be dangerous but also a liability.
Stop kidding yourself... every day that passes our chances for grant get smaller

Last edited:
Going back to this bird story, who were the dragons reportedly speaking to from the broncos? Kev is not officially in the coaching role yet, white is just buying time until the end of the year, so he would not be making any decisions. Who had this alleged conversation? Again i call bullshit on this tabloid "journalism".

The way league journalism is deteriorating i would not be surprised if in the next 6 months there is a headline "kevie walters is pregnant with a nrl player's child, but you wont guess who!"
Yo Peter Badel wherever your hiding on this forum... found your next story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Strop
  • Brotherdu
  • Mustafur
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Behind enemy lines
  • jd87
  • Harry Sack
  • BroncoFan94
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Yem
  • LittleDavey
  • pennywisealfie
  • GCBRONCO
  • westy316
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Morkel
  • Waynesaurus
  • I bleed Maroon
  • achievedrap
... and 65 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.