OFFICIAL Broncos Sourced Player Movement and Confirmed Signings - Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because we are overpaying for Macca doesnt mean we should do the same for Gagai. If he was 26 or 27, then maybe ( and even then i dont see Gagai as a $600k a year center ) but certainly not a 30 year old Gagai.
Time flies. Did not even realise he's 29 this year. 2 year deal for a bit of experience in our backline I would definitely cop it.

What value would you put on Gagai for a 2 year deal?

Last edited:
im just hoping our so-called "salary cap emergency" whihc is argubly driven by the media, is purely down to the fact the available money in the cap has been locked away for Staggs, Dearden and co's re-signing...

How so? I get that you’re trying to be funny but I’d love to hear how he fucked the club over in the past and came knocking when his career was basically done?
Youre funny

It's the same old troll. Worst thing is they believe they're either funny, witty, intuitive, original, insightful, clever or just downright hilarious but you know better as do I.
No point arguing with a bloke that knows it all now is there

Time flies. Did not even realise he's 29 this year. 2 year deal for a bit of experience in our backline I would definitely cop it.

What value would you put on Gagai for a 2 year deal?

He is 30 in January. I think i'd maybe pay him $400k a year. Maybe. I'd seen a fairly decent to good NRL center in him. I dont think he has ever shown any more than that. Like i said, he is a different beast for QLD. Very much like Nate Myles. A pretty decent NRL player, but seems to just go above and beyond for his state.

Gagai on 600k is a bit much.

If he performed like he did at Origin level, it's worth it. But he's just not able to replicate that same kind of form at club level, not consistently. They are rare moments.

At club level, he's just your average NRL standard centre. Herbie and Staggs will be a more promising centre pairing.

I think if we going to pay Gagai 600k then we should play him at fullback.
Who are our fullback options for next season?
If we get Sua as well, happy days!!
GI will be just the cherry on top 🥳

He is 30 in January. I think i'd maybe pay him $400k a year. Maybe. I'd seen a fairly decent to good NRL center in him. I dont think he has ever shown any more than that. Like i said, he is a different beast for QLD. Very much like Nate Myles. A pretty decent NRL player, but seems to just go above and beyond for his state.

And that is what you say to Souths. We will pay him $400k, the rest you are covering. That still frees them up of 400k and they are probably only paying $2-300, that is a win-win for all involved.

Look at the Morris twins and even Croker or Jennings (yes, I know he may have been artificially assisted), guys who are around 30-35 at centre still offer a lot. For 2 years, Gagai would be a massive in at $400k. More than that, yeah you have to start to say no.

We won't sign Gagai. He will want too much money and we arent going to be paying big money for a bloke who will be 30 in January.
We paid big money for a guy who was already on the wrong side of 30 and had a bung hammy and an even worse heart so don't be so sure. Might just give him a 4 year deal with 2 years of player options in his favour.

I dont see it at all, we would be stupid to sign an aging center on a $600k contract. That would be madness and i hope we have learned our lesson with our pathetic contract negotiations over recent years.

I'd rather see us give somebody like Delouise Hoeter a deal and see what he can do. He wouldnt cost a fortune, and neither would Opacic if we moved on him earlier. He would have been ideal for 12 months to just fill a gap. Look at our current options. Apart from Herbie, the rest are very sketchy.
Every time you guys want the younger option... look where that has gotten us... they can’t defend they have no work ethic and they do one good thing every 6 games that gets them a million dollar contract

plus will chambers is 33 very experienced and hasn’t played league for a year he is not in any world getting 600k he will be lucky to get 400k... you guys need to understand that we need players of quality, skill and experience Will chambers and Dane Gagai sum that up... the only inexperience player we should be looking to get is Corey Allan this off-season

Last edited:
would take dane at 500k. maybe he'd come back for that too, unfinished business.

would take dane at 500k. maybe he'd come back for that too, unfinished business.
The club store has a sale on up til midnight tuesday....50% off isc gear.......must be someone theyre gonna fork out for or its a reward for the board

Every time you guys want the younger option... look where that has gotten us... they can’t defend they have no work ethic and they do one good thing every 6 games that gets them a million dollar contract

plus will chambers is 33 very experienced and hasn’t played league for a year he is not in any world getting 600k he will be lucky to get 400k... you guys need to understand that we need players of quality, skill and experience Will chambers and Dane Gagai sum that up... the only inexperience player we should be looking to get is Corey Allan this off-season

Ha ha, thats made me chuckle. Its actually quite hilarious you are making the comment about me always wanting younger players. And the player in question regarding that $600k was Gagai. Not Chambers. I suggest you do a little more research and stop jumping the gun.

I implore you guys to keep calm and appreciate this is my opinion and I think this side could do well next year:
1. Corey Allan/Scott Drinkwater
2. Herbie Farnworth
3. Dane Gagai
4. Will Chambers
5. Xavier Coates
6. Anthony Milford
7. Tom Dearden
8. Pat Carrigan
9. Ben Hunt
10. Payne Haas
11. Alex Glenn
12. Tevita Pangai Jnr
13. Kotoni Staggs
14. Jake Turpin
15. Jordan Riki
16. Tom Flegler
17. Matt Lodge

Fullback: pretty self explanatory I would rather Allan but I reckon the club will sign drinkwater

backs: Coates and Farnworth self explanatory... Gagai and chambers at the right price are great experience players at the centre position that could boost our entire side

halves: self explanatory

hooker: I have Ben Hunt as an exchange with Ofehangue and Mcullough to the dragons

props: self explanatory

second row: self explanatory (can’t see Glenn getting dropped)

lock: I have Staggs I believe he is to wasted in the centre’s his footwork, speed and power as well as ball playing ability could make him as good and as dominant as Radley and Murray

bench: pretty self explanatory

*other notes
I have Oates leaving for his and our sake

Lodge could potentially leave

McCullough and Ofehangue swap with Hunt

Ha ha, thats made me chuckle. Its actually quite hilarious you are making the comment about me always wanting younger players. And the player in question regarding that $600k was Gagai. Not Chambers. I suggest you do a little more research and stop jumping the gun.
Actually, I suggest you not to jump the gun cause I did not intend to reply to you

Gagai on 600k is a bit much.

If he performed like he did at Origin level, it's worth it. But he's just not able to replicate that same kind of form at club level, not consistently. They are rare moments.

At club level, he's just your average NRL standard centre. Herbie and Staggs will be a more promising centre pairing.

Herbie looks like an out and out winger for mine. I hope we don’t have to rely him to play centre next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • broncsgoat
  • Galah
  • Foordy
  • Financeguy
  • Mustafur
  • Brocko
  • jd87
  • Organix
  • Dash
  • RolledOates
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Sproj
  • Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • MrTickyMcG
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Broncosgirl
  • Culhwch
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.