OFFICIAL Broncos Sourced Player Movement and Confirmed Signings - Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d take Gagai on 500k 2 years if we can get rid of Oates

Okay I've cleaned up this thread. Any more Titans crap in this thread that's not strictly relevant to the Broncos will be met with a thread ban. Keep this thread strictly to signing news that has an actual source or the post will be deleted.

I'll be making a new thread shortly for simple player/roster discussion. This thread is now for signing news/rumours WITH a source/link only.

Last edited:
Despite not being named in the NRL.com roster list Richie Kennar, Ethan Bullemor and Kobe Hetherington have been added to the Broncos.com rosters.

No sign of Tyson Gamble, Jamil Hopoate, Issac Luke, Pride Petterson-Robati, Ben Te'o or Ilkena Vudogo.

That's 26 players named of a possible 36. I presume Hetherington will remain in the development squad while Bullemor will be upgraded and join Kennar in the NRL squad.

That leaves the Broncos NRL squad with possibly 5 spots to fill for the 2021 season, it could be 6 if Bullemor is still in the development squad or 4 if Hetherington was actually added to the NRL squad. I expect those spots to be filled by new signings.

John Asiata, Dale Copley and Corey Allan are likely targets with the possibility of one more player.

Last edited:
The CM reporting today that Flegler has the Dragons, Bulldogs, Knights and Titans interested in him

they said that we are paying him 600k next year ... but if we want to keep him from 2022, we may have to increase that figure.

info contained towards the bottom of this article:

As much as i like Flegs and think he has potential to be a great prop for this club, i will say that if we are paying him 600k, then we are making a mistake as he isn't a 600k prop yet ... and if it will cost us more than that to keep him, the we should tell him to take one of our rivals big offers

Tom Dearden says:

“He played in a very successful Broncos side and won plenty of premierships,” Dearden said.

“He’s been there and done that before so he’s definitely someone I’d love to follow in his footsteps and what he’s done at the club.

“Kevvie has such a big history with the Broncos so I’m really looking forward to learning off him.

“I can see he’s going to instil that culture back in the group and really bring the group back together.

“He’s an ex-halfback and five-eighth so I reckon I can learn a lot off him and what he does around the group.”

“I’ve been at the Broncos since I was 13 years of age so it’s definitely the club I want to spend my whole career at,” he said.

“There’s a real good opportunity for me now so I’m looking forward to getting into pre-season training.

“I definitely want to be here long-term.”

Personally I have no idea why we are even bothering releasing Ofa just so we can sign Asiata.. If Asiata costs us 350k a season then maybe it makes sense but if we are paying over 500k we are kidding ourselves.

Last edited:

The Article states that the Cowboys are the QLD team who is linked to Widdop. What do u guys think will he be a good option for us (can play FB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.