OFFICIAL Broncos Sourced Player Movement and Confirmed Signings - Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep, ill second this idea; im in no mood to help the Sharks out of a debilitating roster decision twice...Bird was bad enough....

Allen really cant do a damn thing that well in a backline except fullback....and we need a fullback....so kinda makes sense..

We may have to await what decision Souths make once Mitchell is back next season.

Will the put him back into the centres even though he's paid at fullback wages? Do they finally get a deal in place for Addo-Carr to go there, what's happening with Roberts...

Regardless, it would be wise for us to be right there just in case Allen loses the fullback job. We can tempt him with it if he returns to Brisbane...
Could you imagine the laughs rolling around the office at Cronulla when they realise the same club they offloaded Jack Bird's busted body on to has now come knocking again and asking about Matt Moylan...

Could you imagine the laughs rolling around the office at Cronulla when they realise the same club they offloaded Jack Bird's busted body on to has now come knocking again and asking about Matt Moylan...

thats my point.....fool me once, shame on you etc...

Id be surprised if his immediate future isnt in the Super league....no-one surely is that desperate to help Cronulla out here...

Then you think of the money they spent on SJ..!

I must admit to bafflement at what exactly Flanagan has done wrong at the Roosters but....maybe Sam Walker really is THAT good..?

I must admit to bafflement at what exactly Flanagan has done wrong at the Roosters but....maybe Sam Walker really is THAT good..?
It's a good strat. Theyve got the premier half in the game in keary and at least two youngsters lined upto to partner or even replace him. If one doesn't cut it enough to their liking **** em off and give the next gun a go.

I don't see the roosters releasing players because they're too good not to be playing...

apparently dragons have signed Poasa Faumasilli from the roosters.. he still had two years to go on his contract apparently... no doubt we will now be stuck with the powderpuff ofahengaue

apparently dragons have signed Poasa Faumasilli from the roosters.. he still had two years to go on his contract apparently... no doubt we will now be stuck with the powderpuff ofahengaue

yeh, I heard that...though I heard it was Souths who actually nabbed him..?

the other thing it says is; contracts aren't really worth shit.....we should remember that when we go knocking...

Just curious as to what makes people think Allan would be a good signing for us?

I know we desperately need a fullback but he's only impressed in a handful of games in one of the best spines/structures in the comp. It's not as if we can replicate how the Rabbitohs play or have the experience that surrounds him currently. In fact I have seen very little to suggest he could become an elite FB in our system.

I've expressed it elsewhere but I'm somewhat concerned that throwing a 22yo kid into our team and expecting him to solve our issues will actually backfire. Not only will his agent be well aware that we're cashed up but I just think it might leave us in a situation where we have to offer him a long term deal and guarantee him the FB jersey for a few years.

For those saying we should bring him back, what do you think his value is and what we would we be paying?

You're assuming Moylan would sign on for only 1 year.... when it's more likely that he'd be trying to get a 3-4 yr deal.

If he doesn't get the terms he wants then he just doesn't sign it... I'm sure desperate clubs will come in with offers

If he wants to try and revive his career in a 12 month span he's better off going to super league, destroying their comp, likely winning the man of steel award and then wait for the offers to roll in.

Worked for Barba and Seggy... Austin and Hastings also get talked up delux because they're dominating the ESL
I'm not assuming anything, Moylan is on the outer and while he has had promise in the past he's been total shit of late so I don't think he'll have clubs banging the doors down for his signature.

He's either willing to back himself on a 12 month contract or he can go elsewhere. Surely our board at some point will learn to play hard ball with contracts.
Would you want to go to the SL for 12 months with the current state of the world? I wouldn't.

I'm not assuming anything, Moylan is on the outer and while he has had promise in the past he's been total shit of late so I don't think he'll have clubs banging the doors down for his signature.

He's either willing to back himself on a 12 month contract or he can go elsewhere. Surely our board at some point will learn to play hard ball with contracts.
Would you want to go to the SL for 12 months with the current state of the world? I wouldn't.

not to mention his manager isn't finding any takers. added to the fact that the Sharks desperation to get him off their books works into our favour.

but as you mentioned before, if Grant or B. Smith become available, they absolutely should be top priority

not to mention his manager isn't finding any takers. added to the fact that the Sharks desperation to get him off their books works into our favour.

but as you mentioned before, if Grant or B. Smith become available, they absolutely should be top priority
I just don't see the point. It smacks of signing someone for the sake of signing them. I would honestly rather develop Paix and Dearden than take Moylan for 300k. Keep the powder dry for when those game changing signings do become available.

Just curious as to what makes people think Allan would be a good signing for us?

I know we desperately need a fullback but he's only impressed in a handful of games in one of the best spines/structures in the comp. It's not as if we can replicate how the Rabbitohs play or have the experience that surrounds him currently. In fact I have seen very little to suggest he could become an elite FB in our system.

I've expressed it elsewhere but I'm somewhat concerned that throwing a 22yo kid into our team and expecting him to solve our issues will actually backfire. Not only will his agent be well aware that we're cashed up but I just think it might leave us in a situation where we have to offer him a long term deal and guarantee him the FB jersey for a few years.

For those saying we should bring him back, what do you think his value is and what we would we be paying?

Allen would be a great fit for the club. The last two months when he has had the fullback role to himself has seem in easily transition and they rabbits are now doing our sweep play with him in it. It would help our structure tremendously if we had a fullback who could execute it.
Don't be shocked if he is our 1 next year. The Rabbitohs are about to offload some players to keep Latrell and they view Latrell as a fullback so Allen will certainly be viewed as surplus needs given he isn't that great of a backup winger.

Last edited:
I just don't see the point. It smacks of signing someone for the sake of signing them. I would honestly rather develop Paix and Dearden than take Moylan for 300k. Keep the powder dry for when those game changing signings do become available.

i'm not saying it wouldn't be a risk ... besides us signing Moylan, wouldn't hinder the development of either Paix or Dearden, they're not in the same position.

edit: also he'll be playing for a contract, and that can only benefit us

Last edited:
i'm not saying it wouldn't be a risk ... besides us signing Moylan, wouldn't hinder the development of either Paix or Dearden, they're not in the same position.
Moylan is a half and Paix and Dearden are halves? So unless we're either planning to play Moylan at FB (possibly?) or Paix is now a full time hooker, I don't see how Moylan doesn't play the same position?

Unless we're going to split hairs and say that well actually Moylan is a 6 as he's not an organizing 7 in which case well we've already got Milf on 1 million this season in that role. Why spend the 300k?

It's a good strat. Theyve got the premier half in the game in keary and at least two youngsters lined upto to partner or even replace him. If one doesn't cut it enough to their liking **** em off and give the next gun a go.

I don't see the roosters releasing players because they're too good not to be playing...
Nothing better than a good strat

Moylan is a half and Paix and Dearden are halves? So unless we're either planning to play Moylan at FB (possibly?) or Paix is now a full time hooker, I don't see how Moylan doesn't play the same position?

Unless we're going to split hairs and say that well actually Moylan is a 6 as he's not an organizing 7 in which case well we've already got Milf on 1 million this season in that role. Why spend the 300k?
Clearly you didn't read my initial post ... because I stated that I don't rate Moylan as a half but we should look at him for FULLBACK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bazza
  • Hurrijo
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Foordy
  • Bish
  • Porthoz
  • Pablo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • winslow_wong
  • NSW stables
  • Skathen
  • Battler
  • Brocko
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • Allo
  • Johnny92
  • Maddy
  • bb_gun
  • TwoLeftFeet
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.