NEWS Broncos star Fifita makes call on his future

This squad is starting to get an old Broncos feel with players taking unders to stay and keep a core together. We just have to sort out the Boyd, Bird, Milf, Gillette part of the cap which takes up 3.2mill ( how fucked is that) and we are on our way.

If it's a 700k contract I think that is too much, he is not a Middle forward and doesn't play the full games at present.

Cap management is Crucial.

If it's a 700k contract I think that is too much, he is not a Middle forward and doesn't play the full games at present.

He is absolutely worth 700k. Fifita and Haas are once in a generation players and they need to play their entire careers at the Broncos. Forwards are so important in this game and with the platform these guys lay we only need average halves behind them.

After years of having close to the worst forward pack in the comp I am not prepared to lose this pack and if it takes 700k to keep him then it is what it is.

I think $700k is on the money. Players with his kind of strike power are always worth more. He is a match winner as well as the type of player who creates space either side of him because of the attacking threat he is.

im sorry but....fucking what...!!!????

Cap management crucial; absolutely....direct your energies towards Brisbane sorting out Boyd etc first thanx...

Boyd - between $700 and $900K depending on who you listen to.
Fifita - for $700K.

Which one is value for money?
I wouldn't pay Boyd $100k I get it, but blowing the bank on Forwards while completely relying on a unproven Halves combo doesn't sound good to me.

And if Dearden or SoS becomes has a Blinder season do we have the flexibility to keep them given the spend on the forwards?

We are still Carrying Gillet on big money and his contract don't end for a long time.

If Fifita can transition to Lock he would be worth it, we also kinda have to play Gillet because of his massive cap spend.

That said if we can get TPA's to pay some of his contract then there is no issue.

I wouldn't pay Boyd $100k I get it, but blowing the bank on Forwards while completely relying on a unproven Halves combo doesn't sound good to me. And if Dearden or SoS becomes has a Blinder season do we have the flexibility to keep them given the spend on the forwards? We are still Carrying Gillet on big money and his contract don't end for a long time. If Fifita can transition to Lock he would be worth it, we also kinda have to play Gillet because of his massive cap spend. That said if we can get TPA's to pay some of his contract then there is no issue.
You're right: we're overly invested in top shelf forwards, none of whom deserve to be punted but are still an indulgence when we're poor in the spine.

We don't want to, but we probably need to offload a couple of the more desirable journeymen who mostly just hit it up and tackle like Flegler, Gillett, Joffa, Glenn and maybe even Lodge, than versatile ball players who can step, offload and menace like Haas, Fifita and TPJ. I'd be inclined not to lose Lodge, though, simply because he might have leadership qualites. I'm not sure about Carrigan. He carries himself like a future captain but he's not exactly winning games for us.

I wonder if we're stuck with Macca whether we might as well relegate him to a bog forward role who's there to just hit it up and tackle what's in front of him. The fucker can play 80 minutes. He's probably better value there. We all like him, but **** let's get him away from passing the ball.

well you could have made the same assertions about Corey Parker when he was Carrigans age...

Fortunately we kept him.....a 1 club legend who was arguably the best middle forward in the game during his last 2 to 3 years at the club...

Id be prepared to wait with Pat.....im thinking in time it will be well worth it...

well you could have made the same assertions about Corey Parker when he was Carrigans age...

Fortunately we kept him.....a 1 club legend who was arguably the best middle forward in the game during his last 2 to 3 years at the club...

Id be prepared to wait with Pat.....im thinking in time it will be well worth it...
True: I never saw that one coming.

I think ditching McGuire, Kahu and Nikorima is going to pay dividends about now.

https://www.broncos.com.au/news/201...OGipOE6fbUqefIkrjr7NO0OYzvsDRFOtO9jHzs_gCS3UA
This is what I have been saying. Those releases gave a fair amount of coin to us over the next two seasons. Moose was on good coin and Sua was upgraded on good money for two years just last year. Also Roberst would have been on close to 500k you would think. The upgrades are covered and thats the bottom line. We may not have splash cash for big market plays but we have money for the key retentions. The fucking media can take a walk. Not many clubs can buy players like the Roosters do without paying overs. We developed these blokes so we should be able to slowly tick their pay up without breaking the bank. Especially with TPA's.

This is why the media are pushing harder then ever for a new Brisbane team. They see the future thats coming here and its scares them. The fact is I doubt it would work because who is going to support the Bombers for example. The Broncos fan base are not just going to jump to new team for the hell of it and the crowds will likely only be opposition fans and few new team fans. Ticket prices are not cheap enough to just go to the game because there is more footy on unless your invested in the team. Local businesses are not going to just jump on board without any success. The Broncos are such a well run business in their own right a second team will end up dead anyway or just be another Titans like joke. Sydney have not learnt anything about a modern comp. Crowding cities with teams is not the way. More one team cities are. That means the next should be Perth and the Nrl should be investing in local development there heavily. Plus it is a big money town.

Kent and co's obsession with neutering the best run club in the league for no reason makes sense only in agenda addled brains. Aka NSW brains.

This is what I have been saying. Those releases gave a fair amount of coin to us over the next two seasons. Moose was on good coin and Sua was upgraded on good money for two years just last year. Also Roberst would have been on close to 500k you would think. The upgrades are covered and thats the bottom line. We may not have splash cash for big market plays but we have money for the key retentions. The fucking media can take a walk. Not many clubs can buy players like the Roosters do without paying overs. We developed these blokes so we should be able to slowly tick their pay up without breaking the bank. Especially with TPA's.

This is why the media are pushing harder then ever for a new Brisbane team. They see the future thats coming here and its scares them. The fact is I doubt it would work because who is going to support the Bombers for example. The Broncos fan base are not just going to jump to new team for the hell of it and the crowds will likely only be opposition fans and few new team fans. Ticket prices are not cheap enough to just go to the game because there is more footy on unless your invested in the team. Local businesses are not going to just jump on board without any success. The Broncos are such a well run business in their own right a second team will end up dead anyway or just be another Titans like joke. Sydney have not learnt anything about a modern comp. Crowding cities with teams is not the way. More one team cities are. That means the next should be Perth and the Nrl should be investing in local development there heavily. Plus it is a big money town.

Kent and co's obsession with neutering the best run club in the league for no reason makes sense only in agenda addled brains. Aka NSW brains.

Yeah if the Roosters lost those players they would be signing the turbos, Ponga and Damien Cook to fill out their roster.

True: I never saw that one coming.

between you and me...i didnt rate him much at all....for a long time.....kept seeing Dave Taylor and Carlos Webb leave the club and Corey was still there and im like "what the ****....is Corey about to marry WB daughter or something..?"....:eyetwitch:

The ultimate late bloomer.....that was my lesson....its why im prepared to play the long game with Carrigan....

between you and me...i didnt rate him much at all....for a long time.....kept seeing Dave Taylor and Carlos Webb leave the club and Corey was still there and im like "what the ****....is Corey about to marry WB daughter or something..?"....:eyetwitch:

The ultimate late bloomer.....that was my lesson....its why im prepared to play the long game with Carrigan....

Parker has been quality since 2006 IMO. His role changed over the years, he had a bit of a "soft" period during the two Henjak years, but was arguably the best forward in the game over the period of 2011 to 2015.

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Justwin
  • unnerv1ng
  • Culhwch
  • BroncosAlways
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Organix
  • Sproj
  • Jedhead
  • broncos4life
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Johnny92
  • Tim K
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • Harry Sack
  • Hoof Hearted
  • RolledOates
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.