NEWS Broncos star Fifita makes call on his future

between you and me...i didnt rate him much at all....for a long time.....kept seeing Dave Taylor and Carlos Webb leave the club and Corey was still there and im like "what the ****....is Corey about to marry WB daughter or something..?"....:eyetwitch:

The ultimate late bloomer.....that was my lesson....its why im prepared to play the long game with Carrigan....

I couldn't believe how young Parker was. Maybe it was the shaved head, but for the first few years I had assumed he was around Berrigan's age. Then one day I was at Suncorp where they announce all the players and show their details and Corey was 22 and had played 80+ games.

Like you, I thought he was the weakest of the Dane Carlaw, Brad Meyers, Carl Webb batch and with Neville Costigan, Tom Learoyd, Sam Thaiday, Greg Eastwood etc. coming through I was never overly impressed until 2010 when he moved into the middle and made that position his own. Before then, he came across more as a good club player in that Aiden Tolman/Jarrod Croker/Luke Douglas sense where they just seem to lack that higher gear.

In hindsight, Parker started putting the pieces together in 2003 when he was moved onto an edge. For years they had tried to make him into a Webcke type player when Parker had a wider skill-set which he was able to showcase more down that left edge.

You can see an example here:

The first time I really noticed how important he was was when he missed the majority of the first half of 2007. The Broncos couldn't do anything right and as soon as he came back, he just set a stronger standard and suddenly the Broncos were able to get into the arm-wrestle.

I couldn't believe how young Parker was. Maybe it was the shaved head, but for the first few years I had assumed he was around Berrigan's age. Then one day I was at Suncorp where they announce all the players and show their details and Corey was 22 and had played 80+ games.

Like you, I thought he was the weakest of the Dane Carlaw, Brad Meyers, Carl Webb batch and with Neville Costigan, Tom Learoyd, Sam Thaiday, Greg Eastwood etc. coming through I was never overly impressed until 2010 when he moved into the middle and made that position his own. Before then, he came across more as a good club player in that Aiden Tolman/Jarrod Croker/Luke Douglas sense where they just seem to lack that higher gear.

In hindsight, Parker started putting the pieces together in 2003 when he was moved onto an edge. For years they had tried to make him into a Webcke type player when Parker had a wider skill-set which he was able to showcase more down that left edge.

You can see an example here:

The first time I really noticed how important he was was when he missed the majority of the first half of 2007. The Broncos couldn't do anything right and as soon as he came back, he just set a stronger standard and suddenly the Broncos were able to get into the arm-wrestle.

Minto is fucking glorious.......... Oh, you were talking about Parker.

remember that game....extra time and all...think Benny was on the sideline as well..???

remember that game....extra time and all...think Benny was on the sideline as well..???

Yes, he did a fist bump as well which of course the Sydney media latched onto as 'see, even the biggest detractor of Golden Point secretly loves it'. We're 16 years removed, and there's still discussions abound about improving the system and making it fair.

Golden Point for mine is front-row and centre in terms of the 'entertainment vs. sport' debate. The only people who seem to like it are broadcasters since it attracts a larger audience. Second would be HIA and the amount of stoppages that make the game a stop-start affair, but that's for another topic I spose.

Last edited:
Is there any coincidence that the day after Fifita commits to us that Jai Arrow now comes on to test the market?

Parra and Warriors can now go full out. If Roosters don't grab him as a replacement for Cordner they're off their heads.

Is there any coincidence that the day after Fifita commits to us that Jai Arrow now comes on to test the market?

Parra and Warriors can now go full out. If Roosters don't grab him as a replacement for Cordner they're off their heads.

no coincidence at all......More proof if needed that FIFITA IS SET TO STAY HERE...!!!!

Tallis still saying we could lose him. According to him we have 2 props both on 800k.....

Gordo is a dead set idiot. Talking out his ass. Just adding 300k onto Payne and 100k onto Lodge. Thats 400k right there. Thats a contract for some players and a decent upgrade for a player on 200-300k. Sick of the shit being spewed out of that simple prick.

Tallis is a flog. Still so upset that his mate Kev didn't get the head job.
Again, it makes headlines, it sells papers and it gets clicks.
As seen thus far this year, we will not lose any player we want to keep. TPJ, Lodge, Turpin and now Fifita were all leaving the club, fact is, not one of them has left.
Look after your own backyard Tallis, we don't need your input on our club.

Lastly, don't come back in a few years when this team is flying.

Last edited:
That is a blatant lie. Why does no one hold this **** accountable?
Because they are doing their best to sell the line that comes next. "No way our team is legit under the cap".

Then it will go to TPA talk and how unfair it is. But what else can a club do that developes players only to have the media claiming their million dollar players after less then 50 games. How much do clubs like ours and the Panthers for example invest and what do we get in return for having kids from their early teens on our payroll and in our system.

Have any of our rookies whos contracts are coming up not had manufactured press inflating their prices. Its been overdrive.

The club appears to be working hard to get our cap right so far. I think it helps that they seem to be so tight and want to make their own history together.

The club appears to be working hard to get our cap right so far. I think it helps that they seem to be so tight and want to make their own history together.
We've taken a huge change of course with a new coaching team and bunch of the best youngsters currently in the NRL. They are all working towards being ultra competitive and it was always, always going to take this season and perhaps next but we’re going to make it and make it in a big way. Got a feeling this team is destined to be special.
Even with this years ups and downs it’s still kinda refreshing.

Last edited:

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Big Del
  • Foordy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • kiwi2
  • Fitzy
  • BruiserMk1
  • Justwin
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mr Fourex
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.