NEWS Broncos take cue from Tigerland

Because it’d require Seibold to eat some humble pie and admit Wayne did good things

Just more rubbish, Seebs doesn't have to eat humble pie, he never derided the Bennett era!
Bennett is the most successful coach in the NRL, nobody would say he didn't get things right

Well seems like GWS has approached Cronk to help with some form of coaching... be nice if the broncos made some inquiries too

I work at Richmond and prior to this role I'd be the first to say that the "connection" & "purpose" stuff is a load of PR crap, but the whole Club has bought it and it's actually a real point of difference from other sides in the AFL.

The sustained growth & success of what a is still one of the young sides in the AFL is testament to that.

You work for the actual footy club, mate?

That's pretty gnarly!

Helps that GWS is located in Sydney....

We’re an hours flight. Pay the man and he’ll come for a few days a week. He could even be at home every night in his own bed. But I’m sure the broncos have everything sorted anyway.

We’re an hours flight. Pay the man and he’ll come for a few days a week. He could even be at home every night in his own bed. But I’m sure the broncos have everything sorted anyway.
Probably not... he has 8 Sydney clubs all likely vying for his time, plus his future commitments as a fox commentator.

More likely we go along the lines of sending our players down south for training sessions. You know... like we did last year.

Or maybe a better approach would be skills coaching from a couple of former world class halves we have in and around our club already

Well seems like GWS has approached Cronk to help with some form of coaching... be nice if the broncos made some inquiries too
To be honest, I’d rather Langer and Locky. Not sure how involved they are though, as mentors? Seems crazy to me to bring in outside help when we have 2 of the best halves that have ever played the game running drinks and looking at P&L...

Last edited:
Probably not... he has 8 Sydney clubs all likely vying for his time, plus his future commitments as a fox commentator.

More likely we go along the lines of sending our players down south for training sessions. You know... like we did last year.

Or maybe a better approach would be skills coaching from a couple of former world class halves we have in and around our club already

To be honest, I’d rather Langer and Locky. Not sure how involved they are though, as mentors? Seems crazy to me to bring in outside help when we have 2 of the best halves that have ever played the game running drinks and looking at P&L...

Lockyer just doesn’t seem interested in the mentoring or coaching the side anymore. He likes giving his two cents on channel 9 and his newspaper column. Langer as legendary as he is, was more a off the cuff type player in my opinion. We need someone who can teach these guys how to manage a game and get the Win

Why would he? He would have his pick of clubs within Sydney to get that same money so why would he choose to be away from his young family? This is fairyland stuff.

Taking cue would be incorporating a kicking game into our side.

Why would he? He would have his pick of clubs within Sydney to get that same money so why would he choose to be away from his young family? This is fairyland stuff.
With respect mate, how is it fairyland stuff if we fly him up and back the same day (if they were prepared to pay that cost) and is he for the training session and then returns to Sydney? Especially if this occurs during the off-season when he has no media commitments.

Last edited:
With respect mate, how is it fairyland stuff if we fly him up and back the same day (if they were prepared to pay that cost) and is he for the training session and then returns to Sydney? Especially if this occurs during the off-season when he has no media commitments.
Well the question is, why would he fly to Brisbane once a week when he can train with 6+ clubs without leaving his current city, all while keeping his media gigs and being able to spend time with his young family?

I don't think Cronk needs the money. Unless he genuinely wants to help us, Brisbane Broncos, as a club, then there is no forthright reason to come here. What's in it for him?

Well the question is, why would he fly to Brisbane once a week when he can train with 6+ clubs without leaving his current city, all while keeping his media gigs and being able to spend time with his young family?

I don't think Cronk needs the money. Unless he genuinely wants to help us, Brisbane Broncos, as a club, then there is no forthright reason to come here. What's in it for him?
Once again, unlike a lot of posters on here, I would not presume to know what Cronk was thinking, what his motivations might be, what the offer to him might be from us and how it might benefit him etc etc. I would also not presume that there are two, five, eight or twelve clubs lining up for his services.

I am not saying it would happen or is likely to happen, I just don't believe that it is so unrealistic as to warrant a fairyland comment. It may be entirely likely that he has some form of agreement with the Roosters that binds him to them in terms of coaching services, in which case it simply would not happen. If that is not the case, could I see Cronk giving up one day a week or fortnight over the off-season to assist a club that has Queensland halves coming through (which will benefit the State side eventually), yes I can.

I am not saying it would happen or is likely to happen, I just don't believe that it is so unrealistic as to warrant a fairyland comment. It may be entirely likely that he has some form of agreement with the Roosters that binds him to them in terms of coaching services, in which case it simply would not happen. If that is not the case, could I see Cronk giving up one day a week or fortnight over the off-season to assist a club that has Queensland halves coming through (which will benefit the State side eventually), yes I can.
He could also decide to spend some time with the Emerging Maroons squad which would benefit the state, be a quick weekend gig and back to Sydney.

It isn't fairyland you're right, but likelihood isn't exactly high and getting upset/annoyed about its non-event isn't a good investment of emotions (Winslow was the one who originally commented on this)

Last edited:
I love this concept. Thanks, I’m gonna keep it in mind.
you are most welcome - I learnt a couple of years ago that I have a finite amount of emotional energy and that I need to pick and choose where i invest it, if I am too frivolous with it, apathy rolls across me like a thunderstorm on the Serengeti.

He could also decide to spend some time with the Emerging Maroons squad which would benefit the state, be a quick weekend gig and back to Sydney.

It isn't fairyland you're right, but likelihood isn't exactly high and getting upset/annoyed about its non-event isn't a good investment of emotions (Winslow was the one who originally commented on this)
And, you were not the one I was responding to. The merry-go-round continues to go around.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • GCBRONCO
  • BruiserMk1
  • Big Del
  • Justwin
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fitzy
  • Mr Fourex
  • FACTHUNT
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.