11. Alex Glenn (c)
12. Corey Oates
13. Jai Arrow

14. Jayden Berrell
15. Francis Molo
16. Arjuma Adams
17. Joe Ofahengaue

This was hard work
I look at this team and am unsure a couple will survive but it was interesting to put it on paper

BTW I think this would be a good team and I believe we have the talent coming through.
I have left out Jadyn Nikorima and Paul Byrnes who could be exceptional talents

Last edited:
You don't reckon Reedy or Gillo will still be around? Granted they'll be nearing 30 by then, Reed may not get that far (although he signed til end of '17), but I'd put good money on Matt still being there/good enough

You don't reckon Reedy or Gillo will still be around? Granted they'll be nearing 30 by then, Reed may not get that far (although he signed til end of '17), but I'd put good money on Matt still being there/good enough
Forgot Gillette but I think Reed may be gone by then.
substitute Gillett for arrow with Glenn going to lock

Last edited:
1) Ben Barba/Anthony Milford
2) Paul Byrnes
3) Dale Copley
4) Elijah Alick
5) Jordan Drew
6) Duncan Paia'aua/Ashley Taylor
7) Ben Hunt (c)
8) Martin Kennedy
9) Andrew McCullough
10) Joe Ofahengaue
11) Matt Gillett
12) Corey Oates
13) Josh McGuire

14) Francis Molo
15) Ajuma Adams
16) Daniel Vidot
17) Jarrod Wallace

My predictions:

We'll lose 1 of either Barba or Milford before 2018.
Kahu will get a fullback offer from another club and take it.
Hunt to gradually improve, becoming captain after Glenn.
Glenn to become Captain in 2016/2017, then sign for big $ to Warriors and captain both them and NZ internationals.
McGuire to follow Parker from Prop to Lock after his retirement.
Vidot to bulk up and secure a spot in the back row.

Last edited:
Let's go crazy, let's go nuts.

1. Ben Barba
2. Elijah Alick
3. Brenko Lee
4. Dale Copley
5. Daniel Vidot
6. Anthony Milford
7. Ashley Taylor
8. Joe Ofahengaue
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Dylan Napa
11. Alex Glenn (c)
12. Corey Oates
13. Josh McGuire

14. Dave Taylor
15. Matt Gillett
16. Dunamis Lui
17. Francis Molo

How our 2013 side looked back in 2009.

1. Corey Norman (18 years old, Broncos NYC)

2. Lachlan Maranta (17 years old Norths Devils MM Cup)
3. Jack Reed (Souths Logans FOGS or Norths Devils FOGS)
4. Justin Hodges (27 years old, Broncos)
5. Josh Hoffman (21 years old, Broncos/Redcliffe/Injured)
6. Scott Prince (29 years old, Gold Coast Titans)
7. Peter Wallace (24 years old, Brisbane Broncos)
8. Josh McGuire (19 years old, Norths Devils/Broncos NYC)
9. Andrew McCullough (19 years old, Brisbane Broncos)
10. Ben Hannant (25 years old, Canterbury Bulldogs)
11. Matt Gillett (21 years old, Norths Devils)
12. Sam Thaiday (24 years old, Brisbane Broncos)
13. Corey Parker (27 years old, Brisbane Broncos)

14. Alex Glenn (21 years old, Brisbane Broncos)
15. David Stagg (26 years old, Canterbury Bulldogs)
16. David Hala (20 years old, Brisbane Broncos NYC)
17. Ben Hunt (19 years old, Brisbane Broncos NYC)

Bold indicates players who had yet to play (or return) to this squad around this time in 2009.

Last edited:
No one thinks Yow Yeh will recover for a long term career? He should be our captain FFS if he comes back.

I think most of us think he will struggle to make it back. We will know by the end of this year

Hey BP, you have some nice signings in your 2018 team

Let's go crazy, let's go nuts.

1. Ben Barba
2. Elijah Alick
3. Brenko Lee
4. Dale Copley
5. Daniel Vidot
6. Anthony Milford
7. Ashley Taylor
8. Joe Ofahengaue
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Dylan Napa
11. Alex Glenn (c)
12. Corey Oates
13. Josh McGuire

14. Dave Taylor
15. Matt Gillett
16. Dunamis Lui
17. Francis Molo

How our 2013 side looked back in 2009.

1. Corey Norman (18 years old, Broncos NYC)

2. Lachlan Maranta (17 years old Norths Devils MM Cup)
3. Jack Reed (Souths Logans FOGS or Norths Devils FOGS)
4. Justin Hodges (27 years old, Broncos)
5. Josh Hoffman (21 years old, Broncos/Redcliffe/Injured)
6. Scott Prince (29 years old, Gold Coast Titans)
7. Peter Wallace (24 years old, Brisbane Broncos)
8. Josh McGuire (19 years old, Norths Devils/Broncos NYC)
9. Andrew McCullough (19 years old, Brisbane Broncos)
10. Ben Hannant (25 years old, Canterbury Bulldogs)
11. Matt Gillett (21 years old, Norths Devils)
12. Sam Thaiday (24 years old, Brisbane Broncos)
13. Corey Parker (27 years old, Brisbane Broncos)

14. Alex Glenn (21 years old, Brisbane Broncos)
15. David Stagg (26 years old, Canterbury Bulldogs)
16. David Hala (20 years old, Brisbane Broncos NYC)
17. Ben Hunt (19 years old, Brisbane Broncos NYC)

Bold indicates players who had yet to play (or return) to this squad around this time in 2009.

I'd welcome Taylor back, I thought we always got the best out of him when he was at prop so I like him on the bench as a forward utility. Lee and napa would be good buys (future qld rep players). I think molo wold start over ofahengaue. Gillett and Glenn would be good contenders for lock, does McGuire have the ball playing skills?

i really think lui is overrated but I'd welcome him back.

No Ben hunt?

I'd welcome Taylor back, I thought we always got the best out of him when he was at prop so I like him on the bench as a forward utility. Lee and napa would be good buys (future qld rep players). I think molo wold start over ofahengaue. Gillett and Glenn would be good contenders for lock, does McGuire have the ball playing skills?

i really think lui is overrated but I'd welcome him back.

No Ben hunt?

I don't think we ever used big Dave at prop, except off the bench once or twice. He was almost always a back-rower in first-grade, and his best form was shown playing out wide, often switching to outside of the centre.

He always played front row for us on the exception of one game at centre against the dragons in 2009 and as the game went on he went wider. His first game at second row was for souths

Tstev92 that isn't the team I'd go for, just something I'd expect.

With Lui and Taylor, I can see them being the typical prodigal son signings we tend to make.

I'm hoping the best for Hunt, but just get the feeling he'll end up becoming another Ben Walker. Crazy to think there was a time he was mentioned in the same sentence as Lockyer, but there certainly was.

As for the other signings...

Brenko Lee - Was very close to signing earlier until Edrick twisted his arm to stay. Don't have any confidence Ricky will turn things around down there and by 2018 he'll want to head home.

Dylan Napa - We always seem to sign Queensland Rooster props (Hannant, Ofahengaue, Hala, Tasi, Kennedy etc.) and again, wouldn't be surprised to see us go after this guy. He really impressed me last year.

Last edited:
Yeah, I would not be surprised at all if we signed Napa eventually. I think he looks a lot more talented than Tasi and post-injury Kennedy too.

What about Caleb Timu? I'd say he will return to the Broncos when he does come back. Well, I'd like him to at least.

What about Caleb Timu? I'd say he will return to the Broncos when he does come back. Well, I'd like him to at least.
We have so many players coming through at present, the most I have seen in a while that it will be interesting to see who makes it

He always played front row for us on the exception of one game at centre against the dragons in 2009 and as the game went on he went wider. His first game at second row was for souths

I was all set to argue with you (my shit of a kid is keeping us awake) but thought I better look it up first. You're right, through all of that winning run at the end he's named in the #10 jersey. I was positive he played a lot wider the whole time, maybe Sims played in the middle more despite being in the #11 most games, but maybe those 2 games against the Dragons, where he targeted Soward, had jaded my memory.

Our first priority in future planning absolutely must be developing or recruiting a player with the biggest jaw in the NRL. We haven't been the same without TC, and with another jaw, we'd finally have what it takes to be number one again!

Our first priority in future planning absolutely must be developing or recruiting a player with the biggest jaw in the NRL. We haven't been the same without TC, and with another jaw, we'd finally have what it takes to be number one again!

Mitchell Frei was on track before he went o Newcastle.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • lynx000
  • sooticus
  • FACTHUNT
  • Astro
  • broncos4life
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Thelmus
  • LittleDavey
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.