Broncos test positive for COVID

At least we know Herbie won't have passed it on to anyone.

Snap

ABC news reporting 16 Broncos players have Covid!

ABC news reporting 16 Broncos players have Covid!

Bit behind the times mate 😛

Yep 16 players and 3 staff (including Kevvie)

None with serious symptoms ... most are asymptomatic

Well lets be honest, the relative quiet off-season had to end sometime.

Hopefully it does end up a blessing, if omicron does end up being the ticket out of the pandemic then it will be great for us and our team

Have the NRL indicated how they're going to approach positive covid cases during the season??

Covid is ripping through BBL teams with Heat dishing up a park team after 12 players have been removed from the squad.

There is no way an NRL team can play if 12 players are missing from a 30 man squad on top of injuries that will occur and the NRL can't postpone games.

They absolutely must expand the squads

Have the NRL indicated how they're going to approach positive covid cases during the season??

Covid is ripping through BBL teams with Heat dishing up a park team after 12 players have been removed from the squad.

There is no way an NRL team can play if 12 players are missing from a 30 man squad on top of injuries that will occur and the NRL can't postpone games.

They absolutely must expand the squads
All the players should have been exposed within a couple of weeks. No one has any idea whether this is only round one for QLD or we've gone straight to the boss level of the entire pandemic.

The thing I want to know is how many are actually symptomatic and or unwell. I am a Boston Bruins fan, they have had multiple stars sitting out without a sniffle, its a joke. The policies have to catch up with the risks posed by this illness, which are minimal for these type of people. Sick people should be staying home until no longer showing symptoms the well should not be tested or sitting at home. There is no point now.

The thing I want to know is how many are actually symptomatic and or unwell. I am a Boston Bruins fan, they have had multiple stars sitting out without a sniffle, its a joke. The policies have to catch up with the risks posed by this illness, which are minimal for these type of people. Sick people should be staying home until no longer showing symptoms the well should not be tested or sitting at home. There is no point now.
I’m a Canucks fan.

I hate you (2011) never forget!

For now.. abdo says players will be suspended.

Thing is half the country are going to contract this strain so that's not really feasible.

If they're all vaccinated and following protocol I don't see the point in suspending them if they are fit to play (no symptoms). Players don't sit out because they have a cold. Players have played with the flu ffs.

Peter "the dodgy car salesman" vlandys provably.. "This plan you've suggested is ridiculous and irresponsible to the community (until roosters, storm, titans or panthers players get it during the season)"

The NRL have to provide a duty of care so even if players are fine to soldier on through COVID there's too much external pressure for them to proceed. Whatever hope they had of taking a loose stance with the disease was thwarted when Frank Pritchard went into the ICU. All it would take is one player to have a similar episode and the NRL would open themselves up to all sorts of litigation and class lawsuits.

It's over a decade now, but I remember when Ben Hannant contracted swine flu and not only played the series opener of the Origin series but backed up to play the next game for the Bulldogs (which happened to be against the Broncos...). It was such an odd situation because the NRL barely even acknowledged it despite the media attention at the time.

I have to say, Oates is one of my favourites ... i really hope he continues to build on his return to form from the back end of last season and wins a new contract.

He’s a fucking specimen! Honestly reckon he was going through the new dad slump so many of the players do.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Lurker
  • Broncorob
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.