NEWS Broncos, Titans told to step up and ensure game is not forgotten in Brisbane’s western corridor

Having done my Schooling and playing in both states I would say NSW system is much more backward.

Next to no Schools play RL, and the clubs that do struggle for numbers big time.

I played for Kellyville Bushrangers in the Parra Comp as a teen at the time we where one of the best in the competition in our division but we could only play with numbers from younger players who would play after our game and then a few of us would do the older ages game as well.

Considering we where one of the better sides you can just imagine how it was for other teams.

When I was at school plenty wanted to play RL but would rather it be at school during the week rather then weekends where they can play other sports they already do, and the only School in my entire area that I knew played it and was known for it was Patrician bros in Blacktown, which is a private school as well but probably the best RL school in NSW.

This is a NRL problem, no way around it, they have the money and the pathways are clogged.

If you want to grow the game you want to bring the game to the kids not make them find you, unless this is fixed the game is going to have massive issues for the future.

Even if alot of parents have issues with the physical nature, imo with how the game is these days you would want them playing touch untill they hit puberty anyway as ball skills are significantly more important then anything learned in defence.
I agree that the game isnt pushed in sydney schools anywhere near enough.

I am not saying NSW does it better, I am saying this is how it is done here, and the current system has benefits for the broncos (and raiders) that an AFL system would remove.

If the NRL run the juniors everywhere you:-
- Lose leagues club money.
- Lose access to those juniors through your junior comp systems harold matts etc.

I actually agree, for the good of rugby league, the NRL should start pushing more and more to take over juniors and run more touch programs - in my area in sydney there is one going down soon which has a lot of union teams run their kids as well.. The NRL should be pushing for more and more programs in schools and running it in conjunction with the clubs.

However, if the NRL took over the clubs (if thats even possible) you then have to go down the path of a draft which does not help the broncos at all (unless you are gunning for a sam hinkie process situation right now, before a draft has even kicked off).

If anything the broncos / titans / redcliffe should be pumping players / money / resources to be setting up touch footy comps in all the schools in ipswich / west of brisbane space for their own brand recognition.... Don't get me wrong, so should the NRL, but as far as I can see, local people running local leagues, tend to a better job then the guys paid to do it at the NRL.

Titans: message received loud and clear.

Their complete and utter detachment from reality is cute.
View attachment 15627
They should aimhigh.

Whether they should publicly blast it is another thing. The titans need support though so maybe any publicity is good publicity for them.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Clintos
  • Fozz
  • Dash
  • simplythebest
  • winslow_wong
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Bronx48
  • broncoscope
  • Jedhead
  • Foordy
  • Alec
  • Behold
  • Bish
  • Culhwch
  • broncos4life
  • Big Del
  • Broncorob
  • Fitzy
  • Mr Fourex
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.