NEWS Broncos to sign Albert Kelly and David Mead

Hehe Widdop might be very gettable and we look like getting Mead and Kelly, you just know it’ll happen.

I've seen it for years - guys on big money slacken off and don't give it their all.

There's exceptions like Lockyer and other champions.

But so many who are contracted on big money lose motivation. Milford is one prime example.

It will be interesting to see how David Fifita goes over the next couple of years.
Milford was our best player so had the furtherest to fall under pies and fell spectacularly he did. That’s not through slacking or lack of motivation. It’s through inept coaching and diabolical game plans.

Milford was our best player so had the furtherest to fall under pies and fell spectacularly he did. That’s not through slacking or lack of motivation. It’s through inept coaching and diabolical game plans.

Sure but being unfit and overweight didn’t help.

Other million dollar marquee players can manage to be coached by spuds with terrible game plans and still not go to absolute shit. That's the difference with Milford though. Unless it's 75% done for him by someone else, he can't do it at all.

Last edited:
It absolutely was post Covid.
Anthony Milford enrhume toute la dfense des Rabbitohs Broncos
Images 6

It really doesn't look like years prior, and injury at the backend didn't help.

Other million dollar marquee players can manage to be coached by spuds with terrible game plans and still not go to absolute shit. That's the difference with Milford though. Unless it's 75% done for him by someone else, he can't do it at all.
Like who?

View attachment 10748View attachment 10749
It really doesn't look like years prior, and injury at the backend didn't help.

How many excuses and reasons does the guy need? He’ll come out this season and play really well, get another stupid million dollar offer from our club and go back to playing comfortable footy again and we will have missed our chance to get an actual million dollar player

How many excuses and reasons does the guy need? He’ll come out this season and play really well, get another stupid million dollar offer from our club and go back to playing comfortable footy again and we will have missed our chance to get an actual million dollar player
Very much doubt that, and I'm not making excuses for him. I just don't get the overweight calls this year, it just wasn't true. I don't think he deserves any more chances, if he plays good this coming season good, offer him $500- 600k or ditch him.

Like who?
DCE, RTS, Kalyn Ponga, Ben Hunt, Shaun Johnson... should I go on?

Damien Cook became an elite Dummy Half and Cody Walker became a pretty elite 5/8 playing under the exact same spud Milford spectacularly shit the bed playing under.

I'm not absolving Seibold of blame, far from it, but Milford needs to be accountable for his efforts too and to suggest otherwise is to live in fantasy land.

Last edited:
Very much doubt that, and I'm not making excuses for him. I just don't get the overweight calls this year, it just wasn't true. I don't think he deserves any more chances, if he plays good this coming season good, offer him $500- 600k or ditch him.
If he absolutely kills it (plays at the level among the top playmakers in the nrl), then I would be happy with anything under 800,000 but only IF (and this is a very big IF) it is a 2 year or even 1 year deal. If he wants 3 years plus he needs to take a HUGE pay cut (wage between 300,000-450,000) regardless of his form this year. His lack of commitment to improvement and winning means longer deals will mean the same shit from him unfortunately.

Milf is just transitioning towards his 'dad bod'.................

DCE, RTS, Kalyn Ponga, Ben Hunt, Shaun Johnson... should I go on?

Damien Cook became an elite Dummy Half and Cody Walker became a pretty elite 5/8 playing under the exact same spud Milford spectacularly shit the bed playing under.

I'm not absolving Seibold of blame, far from it, but Milford needs to be accountable for his efforts too and to suggest otherwise is to live in fantasy land.
I don’t like the bloke, but I have to eat humble pie and say Munster.

I thought he looked good purely because he was in a fantastic system. But he was the man in SOO, in an otherwise pretty average team.

He isn’t Lockyer, but he shares some of the same traits as him. He is always on the ball and when it’s time to win the game, he wants it in his hands. He is tenacious and a competitor. Win at all costs. He is also developing his skills, showcasing an improved kicking game and ability to follow a game plan.

I think it would be fair to say that Milford probably has a better all-round skill set than Munster, but he trails well behind when it comes to a desire to win.

I don’t like the bloke, but I have to eat humble pie and say Munster.

I thought he looked good purely because he was in a fantastic system. But he was the man in SOO, in an otherwise pretty average team.

He isn’t Lockyer, but he shares some of the same traits as him. He is always on the ball and when it’s time to win the game, he wants it in his hands. He is tenacious and a competitor. Win at all costs. He is also developing his skills, showcasing an improved kicking game and ability to follow a game plan.

I think it would be fair to say that Milford probably has a better all-round skill set than Munster, but he trails well behind when it comes to a desire to win.
Yep, that's the sad part about Milford, on a skill level they probably aren't that far apart, but Munster is an infinitely better competitor and therefor a vastly superior player.

Milford isn't fit to lace his boots at this point in their careers.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • bb_gun
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Battler
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.