NEWS Broncos to vax hesitant: here comes the little aeroplane

Couple of days old this story, but nonetheless. Only about 70% of the Broncos have bothered getting their first Covid vaccination. But Ben Ikin assures us he'll be putting a firecracker under their arsecracks shortly. So far, he's already got a commitment from notorious needle-dodger Payne Haas:

“We won’t have a problem. We want everyone fully vaxxed by the time the season starts. There won’t be an issue at the Broncos. Since the Broncos have gone on a break, there was a bit of complacency towards Covid shots because the players were disconnected from the club, but as we edge back closer to training, the communications we’ve had with them have all been positive."

“We have communicated what is potentially coming and what is happening in other sports around the world. We don’t want any issues by the time we get back to football next year so let’s get this done now. It’s been very conciliatory. It’s been about framing-up what is potentially coming our way in our industry and reinforcing to the players where to get the vaccinations done, when to do it and why it’s important."

“There’s been no big stick that has been waved, but our message has been really strong and clear as we get back towards players returning to training.”

“Our numbers in terms of players fully vaccinated are growing and we are heading in exactly the direction we need to be. If I’m being honest, our living conditions for all Queenslanders have made us a bit slower to act because unlike our southern neighbours, we haven’t been living in lockdown."

“From the club’s perspective, we’ve seen what’s happened in other sports around the world and we expect the same thing in some way, shape or form to find its way into the NRL.”

ScreenScreenshot 2021 10 29 at 14 19 39 Taylor Winterstein  tays way   Instagram photos and

Donuts says the club can't afford to have their gun players sitting on the sidelines because of some loudmouth bimbo they follow on Instagram:

“I’m expecting all our players and staff to be fully vaxxed by the start of the season. It’s the reality of everything I’m hearing and seeing with government protocols ... it’s going to be very challenging to operate in the NRL industry without vaccination. We have had constant two-way dialogue with our playing group and the medical experts we have on staff."

“Everyone in society has been challenged over the last 18 months and sport and the Broncos are no different. I’ve been very impressed at the level of maturity and the challenges our players and staff have had and their understanding of the Covid situation. They have taken in the education that has been provided around vaccinations."

“I don’t believe we will have any issues.”

McHunt

While we're all good now, looks like this might affect the Raiders...

PVL / the NRL have already gone flaccid on their original position.

PVL / the NRL have already gone flaccid on their original position.

Jeez that's disappointing. Hopefully the states stay strong. While he's probably right about the risk right now, that's not really the point. What happens when (because of this soft stance) booster rates drop?

Doesn’t really matter what PVL says. It will come down to whether clubs are willing to carry players who can’t play in 2 of the states and can’t train with their team in NSW.

Doesn’t really matter what PVL says. It will come down to whether clubs are willing to carry players who can’t play in 2 of the states and can’t train with their team in NSW.

NSW won't be an issue ... and the QLD Government has bent over for the NRL in the past, I don't doubt they will again on this issue.

Jeez that's disappointing. Hopefully the states stay strong. While he's probably right about the risk right now, that's not really the point. What happens when (because of this soft stance) booster rates drop?
Spoiler: he doesn’t give a shit.

V'landy's needs to get his hand off it. This is only headed one way. They get vaccinated. Or they find a new job. Clubs must get salary cap relief for letting them go.

Meanwhile we have to listen how it's the end of humanity when one of them makes a dick of himself on the turps, like we all have done.

He needs to decide: are these kids role models, or are they just dumb footballers. If they're anything related to role models, they need to set an example.

V'landy's needs to get his hand off it. This is only headed one way. They get vaccinated. Or they find a new job. Clubs must get salary cap relief for letting them go.

Meanwhile we have to listen how it's the end of humanity when one of them makes a dick of himself on the turps, like we all have done.

He needs to decide: are these kids role models, or are they just dumb footballers. If they're anything related to role models, they need to set an example.

all of that is your opinion ... the governments will end up making an exception for these 15 players

all of that is your opinion ... the governments will end up making an exception for these 15 players
Yes it is. As is yours. Only mine is based in reality rather than some kind of warped cynicism.

@McHunt not sure if you saw the latest Payne video on the broncos website but I was curious if he won you back at all with this comments regarding vaccination?

@McHunt not sure if you saw the latest Payne video on the broncos website but I was curious if he won you back at all with this comments regarding vaccination?
No, but I saw what he said about being scared of needles. This is where I get to say: toad you so. And he said the right things, so that's good. Good for all the Broncos lads. Sense prevails.

Scratch the surface of any of these vax hesitant and it's always about being scared of needles and looking for any excuse to justify it. Most just need a clip around the ears and being told to grow up.

It's good to see vax rates doubling this week after Frauenführerin told the kids they'd need one to get on the grog.

Meanwhile Canberra hooker Tom Starling has been banned from from drinking - as a condition of bail - after making a ginormous **** of himself on the piss.

Meanwhile Canberra has banned hooker Tom Starling from drinking after making a ginormous **** of himself on the piss.
The article I read stated the alcohol ban was in Starling's bail conditions, not imposed by the club.

The article I read stated the alcohol ban was in Starling's bail conditions, not imposed by the club.
Ah yes, I found that story. My apologies. It is indeed a bail condition. Canberra are waiting for the outcome of the trial before deciding whether to cut him loose.

I think they've moved on from the 5G and tracking chips nonsense now, but that "my body, my choice" mantra Payne drops is a tip-off he's bought into a conspiracy theory that boiled down alleges the vaccines are part of a step by step program to subdue the population into submission. The litmus test if you hear that one is to casually ask them about ivermectin, and listen to the absolute horseshit they believe about Big Pharma's relationship with the Government. And how they'll believe what some Instagram influencer tells them about antibodies but not the worlds experts in immunology.
I wanna preface this by saying I'm not anti-vax (double vaxxed no issue with it) but I'm interested in your take on Big Pharmas relationship with the government? Do you trust them? Do you think they're good? And if so, why?

I don't want to get into immunology and antibodies, because I'm not a scientist.
But I also don't trust Big Pharma. The mere fact that they fund the FDA is a big red flag to me.

IF people are sick, big pharma makes money & I think the vaccine roll out on a global level (especially what happened with India) showcases to me, that medications should not be privately owned.

Just want to clarify, I'm not attacking you I just want to hear your opinion, if you think otherwise.

I wanna preface this by saying I'm not anti-vax (double vaxxed no issue with it) but I'm interested in your take on Big Pharmas relationship with the government? Do you trust them? Do you think they're good? And if so, why?

I don't want to get into immunology and antibodies, because I'm not a scientist.
But I also don't trust Big Pharma. The mere fact that they fund the FDA is a big red flag to me.

IF people are sick, big pharma makes money & I think the vaccine roll out on a global level (especially what happened with India) showcases to me, that medications should not be privately owned.

Just want to clarify, I'm not attacking you I just want to hear your opinion, if you think otherwise.
I don't know. They're companies. All companies need to make as much money as they can. Pharmaceutical reps are like any salespeople.

The term "Big Pharma" is loaded. It's not a real thing. It's an insult masquerading as a market sector. It describes a whole bunch of successful pharmaceutical companies who have commissioned their own research, peer reviewed it, conducted RCT's, produced their own drugs, quality controlled them, and marketed them. Some will be more effective than others. Some of the papers behind the drugs might not be as convincing as you'd like. Issues arise. Sometimes serious. And then new drugs will come along and supplant them.

Anyone using the term Big Pharma is always prepped for a fight, with conspiracy stories in their quiver. My experience is it's fairly pointless engaging anyone who uses this term, any more than other loaded terms like "lamestream media," "fossil fuel companies," "libtards," "racists," "deniers," "drug cheats," "islamophobe," "kafir," "street shitter," etc. The argument is already in the term.

As for approval boards being corrupted by corporate funding. Maybe, I don't know. Look through the qualifications and sheer number of experts on our Advisory Board:

I'll tell you who is way more untrustworthy than "Big Pharma:"

1. Small Pharma: often don't conduct any research.
2. Vitamin companies: mostly based on not much more than old wives tales. Poor quality control.
3. Health food stores: mostly overpriced shit products that at best are harmless, combined with poor advice backed by pseudoscience.
4. Chiropractors: quacks
5. Acupuncturists: quacks
6. Homeopaths: quacks
7. TCM: good at massage, dubious medicine
8. Nutritionists: eat less, mostly vegetables. There's your degree.
9. Organic merchants: overpriced, shitty produce, rarely any benefit
10. Skin care: mostly ineffective
11. Fairtrade: get top dollar for your worst produce
12. Astrologers: lol
13. Environmental reporters: dumb, biased, unqualified.
14. Renewal energy lobby: faulty data, follow the money

Active Now

• Foordy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Jedhead
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Sproj
  • Fitzy
  • IceWorks
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Strop
  • I bleed Maroon
  • ostin86
  • Harry Sack
  • Johnny92
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Bronx48
  • theshed
  • Bish
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.