Broncos tried to get Hasler.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
According to the Mole, the Broncs tried unsuccessfully to lure Des Hasler but no dice. This is in the League Week today.

Welp, good to know we're still hunting.

Get Bellamy.

Can't we just find the next great coach instead of poaching one?? Patience is the key I feel.

Patience doesn't win games, especially when Andrew Gee is your recruitment manager.

Patience doesn't win games, especially when Andrew Gee is your recruitment manager.

Obviously. We are in a fair sized hole at the moment. We can't get out of it unless we sign some good players. Doesn't matter who the coach is.

Well at least theres some hope that Griffin won't be our coach in 2014.

Wow, that would have been a massive story if Hasler signed up as coach.

Be interesting to know how much Griffin knew of this, assuming there is any truth to it.

Was also on the supergrass segment on the grill team in Sydney this morning (Which is rumours from all sorts of different things). Supergrass said that Griffin will be at the Broncos next year but look out for either Des or Craig Bellamy to be coaching the broncos in 2015

What's the bet that if Bellamy comes in 2015, Cam Smith will too ??

I don't want Cam, he's too old, but if it means we get Bellamy as well, then hell yeah. But Bellamy said he will retire soon so what's the point? Unless he's going to go for 10 more years with us. My bet is on Maguire from the Rabbitohs. He still hasn't signed a contract extension that they were trying to get him to do. He stated he was still looking at his options. I can bet you the Broncos will be able to pay more than the Rabbitohs.

Well Bellamy was nearly our coach a few years back , not sure if i want Hasler

I'd happily sign Cam smith on a 2 year deal as long as we got Bellamy on a 5 year deal.

I don't want Cam, he's too old, but if it means we get Bellamy as well, then hell yeah. But Bellamy said he will retire soon so what's the point? Unless he's going to go for 10 more years with us. My bet is on Maguire from the Rabbitohs. He still hasn't signed a contract extension that they were trying to get him to do. He stated he was still looking at his options. I can bet you the Broncos will be able to pay more than the Rabbitohs.

Think more about what Cam would mean to us long term, on staff, not as a player

Apparently he is great at tactics and runs some of the Storm's video sessions

He could be an astute pick up in the coaching ranks

So he plays his last 2 years with us and then transitions into coaching - it's not an awful idea

The Bellamy thing could make sense as I think his family is still in brisbane, so although he might be done with Melbourne, there's the possibility he could come home and coach for a few years.

I'd be after Maguire though, he's got a lot more miles left than Bellamy. We had our chance with Bellamy and Bruno fucked it.

Bellamy has been banging on awhile that he's going to retire from coaching when he finishes up with the Storm. From my inside 'mail' (I use the term loosely, I receive a lot of mail from sources but most of it is secondary), he's set for more of a director of football role in the future rather than being a full time coach.

From what I'm hearing he will probably end up mentoring Cam Smith post career. Things can change a lot in a few seasons though, the same things were being said about Bennett and Lockyer a few years ago.

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Bish
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fitzy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Sproj
  • winslow_wong
  • eggstar10
  • Alec
  • Rookie Alan
  • KateBroncos1812
  • sooticus
  • Volvo Driver
  • matthewransom34@ic
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.