Broncos Vs. Knights - Build Up Thread

renouf said:
oops, wrong topic

Locky can't play. He was apparently doubling over in pain at a sponsor's lunch on Friday. He won't heal in a week.
Agree with playing Hunt at halfback and Wallace at 6, but I just can't see it happening. Henjak was "happy" with Gillett at five-eighth.

Ugh.

This shaping up to be a bad game. If we lose this I don't think I can watch another Broncos game again.

Coxy said:
renouf said:
oops, wrong topic

Locky can't play. He was apparently doubling over in pain at a sponsor's lunch on Friday. He won't heal in a week.
Agree with playing Hunt at halfback and Wallace at 6, but I just can't see it happening. Henjak was "happy" with Gillett at five-eighth.

Ugh.

Surely he won't. Gillett looked lost at five-eight. I don't care how good he is at defending, that's not a reason to stick him at five-eighth.

We need to play Norman or Hunt in the halves, with the other on the bench.

Hunt at 7 and Wallace at 6 would be a good fit IMO, might take a bit of the heat off Wallace to be the organiser as that is Hunts natural position.

Please IH, do the right thing in Lockys absence [icon_pray.

I think we should definitely put Hunt in the halves and leave Norman out of the game all together. If IH hasn't learnt from this and nothing changes in our tactics this Friday night then there is no way we can make it this year without Locky.

Bite the bullet IH and play Norman at 6, he has played there before and is playing there at present, he has confidence in his own ability (provided you have not ruined it by leaving him out last week) and after the initial defensive lapse last Friday he looked solid at best at 6

I say we stick with Norman, and let him start the game, Lockyer will not play and Norman is our best option.

I say stick with Norman @ 6, he's played their numerous times this season and is getting used to it.
The only major problem is his defense, they are going to be running @ him all day, let's hope he's up to the task.

From the NRL.com article it appears Norman will be starting at 6.

Gillett back to wherever.

I get the feeling the boys will step up on Friday night, they now know that it is do or die if they want to make the finals. I reckon we were a bit to cocky against Parra.

Lockyer is out for the year according to a few reports I have heard today, if that is the case we won't win in Newcastle and we won't win in New Zealand.

Bucking Beads said:
I get the feeling the boys will step up on Friday night, they now know that it is do or die if they want to make the finals. I reckon we were a bit to cocky against Parra.
They may have been thinking "One game without him we will win when he comes back" but now with reports saying he's out for the season they should now be thinking well we have to win without him if we want to play finals. So hopefully they do and I think they will against the Knights, big maybe against the warriors and hopefully a big win against the Raiders to go into the finals with a fresh Lockyer.

Honestly I think we can win 2/3, Warriors will be very very tough without Lockyer.

Let's hope Norman performs this time instead of hiding in his shell. His defense up the middle is shocking though. He's so slow and leaves gaps open.

radio mentioned this morning that protective gear was seen being delivered to red hill...

1. Josh Hoffman
2. Antonio Winterstein
3. Alex Glenn
4. Israel Folau
5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Corey Norman
7. Peter Wallace
8. Shane Tronc
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Ben Te'o
11. Matt Gillett
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker (c)

14. Ben Hunt
15. Josh McGuire
16. Mitchell Dodds
17. Scott Anderson

Source: Broncos TV

OK Ivan, our half combination matters...don't MUCK WITH IT!

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Jedhead
  • Browny
  • Broncorob
  • sooticus
  • Foordy
  • HarryAllan7
  • Strop
  • Rowdy124
  • Sproj
  • Manofoneway
  • phoenix
  • Santa
  • Fitzy
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.