Broncos vs Storm- Better Days

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
im gonna go with the whole "we cant win them all" argument to try to cheer everyone up. lets think back to glorious 2006 when we whooped those bitch ass melbourne players! this was a thing i made last year sometime and i thought id bring it back to reminisce about the good times.

2006gf.gif

incidentally, i got this idea from searching my username on yahoo haha and found this posted on some other forum by some other person lol.

p.s. this didnt make me feel better lol, but it was nice to look at again.

I miss shane perry, we would of won the premiership if he was still here.

Yeah, I've seen that around a few times. Absolutely love it. icon_thumbs_u

Yep kicking Melbourne in the GF would've hurt them more then us losing in the semi final! Haha.

mrslong said:
Yep kicking Melbourne in the GF would've hurt them more then us losing in the semi final! Haha.

IMO, we lost the Grand Final on Saturday.

mal said:
mrslong said:

IMO, we lost the Grand Final on Saturday.
No we didn't, we lost a semi that had a lot of potential to go onto the GF had we won it, it didn't have the finality of losing a GF, it was a lot of "what ifs". Totally different to actually losing a Grand Final that they were favourites to win.

I believe the Broncs had the team, desire and defense to take them to 08 Premiership. The only team in our way were the Storm. Ergo, we lost the Grand Final. I think the fact that we took it to the Storm and were able to take them all the way to the 79th minute speaks volumes for our ability to win the premiership.

Yep.

*sigh* If Steve Waugh was playing for the Storm he would've wandered up to Ashton and said "how does it feel to drop a premiership?"

Don't get me started on Ashton, I might be alone here but all that talk of "balls were dropped all game" non-sense. Yes, we made alot of mistakes and so did Storm. But as a professional footballer who gets paid god knows how much a year to drop a ball in the dying seconds in a game and position as important as it was.

I find it hard not to shift my blame onto an individual player. Will I hate him for it? No. People make mistakes.

Watching that reminded me how much i really hate King, god i'm glad he buggered off!

Agree Mal. It was very easy for Ashton to avoid that situation. a) Don't run it up so hard; b) don't run with the ball in your leading arm; c) turn your back into the defence so as not to make the ball an easy target.

Hopefully it's motivation enough for him to fix his ball security for 2009, same with Clinton. And Hodges... ARghh, needs a serious attitude readjustment. Hopefully Benton hard asses his ego back down to earth.

Yeah for sure. I love Wayne as much as the next bloke, but there's no doubt he got a bit soft on his standards in later years. He wouldn't have tolerated Ashton's lack of intensity, or Hodges' poor attitude for as long even 5 years ago.

Yeah I know basically we would've won the premiership, just reckon actually losing a grand final would've hurt more. I'm trying to make myself feel better here! lol.

Ashton, argh. I feel bad for the bloke, but it's hard not to blame him. All he had to do was hold onto the ball.

Very true. I'm looking forward to Henjaks reign, he clearly has the brains- he just needs to pick based on form not fame.

Do you know why Clinton was benched during Storm game? Surely injury, I know he dropped some balls- but he didn't even get back on the park.

mal said:
Very true. I'm looking forward to Henjaks reign, he clearly has the brains- he just needs to pick based on form not fame.

Do you know why Clinton was benched during Storm game? Surely injury, I know he dropped some balls- but he didn't even get back on the park.

Not sure about Clinton.

Re: Henjak. My only concern is whether he'll be given the full ownership of the team to make the hard decisions, or if Bruno is going to keep his finger in the pie.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • broncos4life
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Thelmus
  • LittleDavey
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • lynx000
  • TimWhatley
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Justwin
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.