Broncos vs Titans - Pre & Post Game Discussion

Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
http://www.nrl.com.au/News/Latest/tabid/10244/default.aspx?id=52468

Fluoro will be the colour of choice for the Jetstar Gold Coast Titans and Brisbane Broncos in Friday night’s blockbuster at Suncorp Stadium.
In aid of the ‘Hang On To Your Mates’ charity which provides support and raises awareness about testicular cancer, both clubs will wear specially designed fluorescent yellow socks for the clash.

Fluro!? Should be hard on the eyes. A fluro jersey would have been a talking point.

Made yours the main topic Hammo - the fluro socks will hopefully give us the swift fluro kick up the arse we really need.

Anyway hoping to see, with all our stars back:

1. Hunt
2. Kemp
3. Boyd
4. Hodges
5. Manihera
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Hannant
9. Ennis
10. Clinton
11. Thaiday
12. Sims
13. Carroll
---------------------
14. Eastwood
15. Kenny
16. Parker
17. Marsh

Most likely Sims and Parker will be swapped around there though.

With Prince back this game is a true test of our finals credentials. I think we'll win it.

1. Hunt
2. Kemp
3. Boyd
4. Hodges
5. Manihera
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Hannant
9. Ennis/Marsh (Ennis is on report now isn't he?)
10. Clinton
11. Thaiday
12. Eastwood
13. Carroll

14. Sims
15. Kenny
16. Taylor
17. Parker

Quite similar to Jebs team, however since their forward pack is somewhat depleted I thought a heavier bench was in order. Smash them through the middle all game with fresh legs and we should win convincingly IMO.

Okay, I'm going to make this short and sweet. Brisbane, it's my birthday this Friday. If nothing else, smash these nuffies and make my day/year. Do it!

Oh man I will not cope if we lose this game. I like nothing more than beating our little brothers and laughing at the bandwagoners who are now confused about who to go for again.

C'mon Broncos!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah... and do it for Mick's bday too icon_thumbs_u

Jebadude said:
Made yours the main topic Hammo - the fluro socks will hopefully give us the swift fluro kick up the arse we really need.

Anyway hoping to see, with all our stars back:

1. Hunt
2. Kemp
3. Boyd
4. Hodges
5. Manihera
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Hannant
9. Ennis
10. Clinton
11. Thaiday
12. Sims
13. Carroll
---------------------
14. Eastwood
15. Kenny
16. Parker
17. Marsh

Most likely Sims and Parker will be swapped around there though.

Think you're right re Parker/Simms. Also unlikely to see Marsh there ahead of Taylor IMO.

Gold Coast Titans

1. Preston Campbell
2. Jordan Atkins
3. Josh Graham
4. Brett Delaney
5. Esi Tonga
6. Mat Rogers
7. Scott Prince ©
8. Brad Meyers
9. Nathan Friend
10. Michael Hodgson
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Will Matthews
13. Ashley Harrison

14. James Stosic
15. Gavin Cooper
16. Daniel Conn
17. Luke O’Dwyer
18. Michael Henderson
20. Clint Amos

mick! said:
Okay, I'm going to make this short and sweet. Brisbane, it's my birthday this Friday. If nothing else, smash these nuffies and make my day/year. Do it!

Off topic, my wife took me to the Broncos/Bulldogs game this year for my birthday. Disappointing result, and I had a drunk loudmouth Bulldogs supporter (oxymoron?) in my ear the whole game.

The upside? He was telling me how awesome Sonny Bill was the entire time, what a great bloke he was and how he was going to win the Dogs a flag. Best Birthday present EVER!

As for Friday night's game, on paper we should win if we play well and all the big guns fire. Sound familiar?? C'mon boys, fire up for this one and make us proud! We still have a chance to hit our straps before the finals.

Broncos team to play the Titans;
1. Karmichael Hunt
2. Darius Boyd
3. Joel Moon
4. Justin Hodges
5. Denan Kemp
6. Darren Lockyer ©
7. Peter Wallace
8. Ben Hannant
9. Michael Ennis
10. Joel Clinton
11. Corey Parker
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Tonie Carroll
Reserves:
14. Ashton Sims
15. Greg Eastwood
16. Nick Kenny
17. David Stagg

Good looking team I think. Shame Marsh didn't get a look in though.

The Rock said:
WHAT the?

BRISBANE coach Wayne Bennett has axed wingers Reece Robinson and Taine Manihera for Friday night's NRL local derby showdown with the Gold Coast.

From the Daily Telegraph.

Firstly, who the fack is Taine. [icon_lol1.

Secondly, why?

I can tell you why Robinson got dropped ............. because he is shit [icon_evillaugh

Good move, Moon is a much better centre and with Hodges there he won't feel like he has to create too much.

Great looking backline actually, probably our best at the moment

Agree it's a better backline, but the world's best winger misses out? Manihera is a legend of the game and deserves better.

How's that for a big shiny fluorescent lure in the water?

Unread

Active Now

• Lurker
  • theshed
  • teampjta
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.