Broncos want Paul Green as Head coach

Discussion in 'The Rumour Mill' started by Nightwatchman, Oct 8, 2017.

Broncos are rumored to be in the hunt for Paul Green.

I do remember reading a month or so ago that Kevin Walters may bide his time and refuse the Titans job. The thinking from some is that if Green does not take the Broncos job Walters will be the next in line for it. If Green does take the Broncos job, Walters will be favored for the Cowboys head coaching position both options are more appealing for Walters then the Titans coaching position.

Brisbane want Paul Green to replace Wayne Bennett as Broncos coach

THE Brisbane Broncos are showing an interest in Cowboys coach Paul Green, who comes off contract at the end of next season.

Veteran Wayne Bennett is under contract for another two seasons but Green is seen by club powerbrokers as a long-term Broncos coach.

Obviously the Cowboys will do everything possible to keep Green in Townsville.

They will need to pay up towards $1 million a season to retain him.

If Green decides to extend for only one season you can guarantee he’ll be at the Broncos from 2019.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...h/news-story/224880b0b142e3ad90f5208532583ed9

Tags:
  1. broncos4life

broncos4life International Rep

Do not want.

BroncsFan, Allo and Culhwch like this.
  2. Cult3

Cult3 State of Origin Captain

We'll see if he's in the running pretty soon. He will want to prepare for the 2019/2020 seasons by whinging about how the Broncos were screwed over by the refs this year.

Culhwch likes this.
  3. Sproj

Sproj

Why is that? I think he is absolutely the best candidate and want him as I've mentioned before. Great man manager, excellent tactically, knows how to build a side and believe in themselves. He is basically seemingly like Bennett + tactical ability.

soup, porouian, broncospwn and 2 others like this.
  4. Alec

Alec International Rep

Absolutely. So what if he whinges a bit. Bennett isn't without his faults either.

GKDonkey and PerthBrissy987 like this.
  5. Battler

Battler NRL Captain

Imagine the meltdown from other supporters if there's a Broncos coach who actively calls out shit refereeing and NRL bias... My god.

6. winslow_wong

winslow_wong State of Origin Captain

bris
    Walters must have really insulted someone at the broncos, just can't catch a break.

7. Cult3

Cult3 State of Origin Captain

Speaking of which, what was the fallout like when Gillett got sin binned for being 30 metres onside? I can't remember too much of a blowup about it.

8. Foordy

Foordy

Rothfield wouldn't know what club powerbrokers want...

He is talking shit as usual.

This is just his lame attempt to try and destabilize the club and Bennett.

9. jarro65

jarro65 State of Origin Rep

I would've thought Walters was the obvious choice ?

Lebbo73 likes this.
  10. Not relevant to us but seen a rumour Bellamy could be headed to the Gold Coast. Hate his teams tactics but there is no denying he is a great coach. I would love to have him here

11. Brent81

Brent81 NRL Player

agreed.

Our team needs toughening up.

12. Tom

Tom NRL Captain

We should be worried. He would know exactly what our powerbrokers' innermost thoughts are. He is, after all the 7th most influential person in RL.

13. Lockysillegitimatechild

Lockysillegitimatechild NRL Player

ALERT! ALERT! Sarcasm identified! Sarcasm identified!

14. Mitchell_Broncos

Mitchell_Broncos NRL Player

Cowgirls wont let him go it will soonly be announced that he will re-sign

SuperCoach likes this.
  15. roo-ted

roo-ted NRL Player

At the end of the day it comes down to attitude, passion and team work If Wayne can't get that out of the boys no one will. There is enough talent across the paddock to win a premiership, just got to work on a few things which Wayne is more then capable of doing. Cowboy can keep Green.

16. Broncs_Fan

Broncs_Fan NRL Player

If Green were to coach the Broncos I'd say Demetriou would be favourite to coach the Cowboys, not Walters. He first got his opportunity under Green at NRL level (from Pride) and he successfully moved to St George and Brisbane - so Green is obviously giving him a good reference.

17. Stix

Stix NRL Player

So with Green being chased apparently that would mean that JD hasn't exactly impressed. Or the club knows he's off to the Titans.... It's reportedly now between him and Madge.
    Either way I'm not real excited, I was hoping JD was going to revitalise our attack and groomed for the top job.
    I wonder what the **** Kevvie did wrong?

18. BroncsFan

BroncsFan NRL Player

I think they may be stealing from other team's playbook on this and just looking at a ready made replacement that can hit the ground running. We tried inexperience previously with henjack and hook to try and create another career coach.

JD and Kevvie have never been a fulltime coach of an NRL team, which will bring about teething problems.

We are a big club and we may as well flaunt it by getting the best (although I don't consider Green the best). Look at Manchester United they replaced fergie with Moyes (who didn't have experience with big clubs and big dollars) and then Van Gaal (who didn't have EPL experience).

It's only now that they have Jose and are starting to flex their muscle in the transfer market that they are starting to regain some ground. Broncos lost so much ground under henjack and hook that they won't want it to happen again

Sproj likes this.
    Channel Nine have reported Michael Maguire has been offered the job. Maguire maybe harder for the Titans to sign though because of his potential price tag and he reportedly wants assurances Titans are willing to spend money to get a competitive roster. Jason Demetriou looks like he will be second choice if Maguire refuses.