NEWS Cameron Smith announces retirement

I still don't get how Smith has 'ruined his legacy these past few years'.

Do people really think that people in 50 years time will be talking about how he dragged out his retirement announcement for 6 months, or that he dropped the Origin retirement bombshell too soon to the series that year?

They'll be talking about the most games for Club, State and Country ever. The highest point scorer ever, the premierships and the Qld Origin Dynasty that'll likely never be matched or beaten. Not to mention the individual awards on top of that - Dally Ms, Gold boots etc.

Most people in here wouldn't admit it, but if he did sign on this year for the Broncos, they'd all be crying like teenage girls in the 60s when the Beatles toured.

Nah, I'll keep talking about the time he fucked his state team over. I'm not going to take away any of his achievements, he is the GOAT. But **** him.

If only. Haha, is that what they’re saying? I’m listening to Vossy.
Someone sent that exact comment in via text was thinking bhq listener lol

Last edited:
Just reading his book and it seems the only reason he knocked back the Broncos was he didnt back himself to force his way into the team.
He had Pridis and Mick Ryan in front of him and Melb had Swain and Danny Williams.
We offered him a contract and si did Melb. That's puts that BS story to bed at last, we didnt not see him he chose his own path.

Just reading his book and it seems the only reason he knocked back the Broncos was he didnt back himself to force his way into the team.
He had Pridis and Mick Ryan in front of him and Melb had Swain and Danny Williams.
We offered him a contract and si did Melb. That's puts that BS story to bed at last, we didnt not see him he chose his own path.
Lol you are gonna get flamed for reading his book. How dare you!

I think old wayno came out recently and reiterated we made him an offer, had dinner with him, etc, but he chose to Melbourne.

I think its known I am one of very few who like CS9.
I've never understood the hate.
I think the majority of the hate has been manufactured south of the border much in the same vein as the King. NSW just hate the thought of us producing the GOAT.

Nearly everyone respects him, few actually like him.
Camrespect

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Alec
  • Broncs1459
  • Hurrijo
  • Midean
  • Sproj
  • Broncorob
  • bazza
  • Browny
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • The True King
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.