NEWS Cameron Smith announces retirement

What about the bronze rugby union fuckery down the Milton Rd end? That shit should be toppled and relocated to Ballymore.
I think even most Rugby fans would agree with that sentiment. I'm not sure John Eales ever even played at Lang Park unless I'm very much mistaken.

So nothing actually happened, or was it him joining JT in promoting Suncorp insurance?

Mal is a very bad actor, he knows something. Oh, and Hi Cooper, I see you read the comments here.

Last edited:
I think even most Rugby fans would agree with that sentiment. I'm not sure John Eales ever even played at Lang Park unless I'm very much mistaken.
I think he played once.

The statue is fucking shit as well.

Ealesy was my hero growing up as a rugby player and second rower - he's a bit of a nonce now that I know better.

I think he played once.

Ealesy was my hero growing up as a rugby player and second rower - he's a bit of a nonce now that I know better.
A nonce? Really? I have heard nothing like that about him, what a disgusting thing to say (if untrue).

Last edited:
HScreenshot 2021 02 24 The Courier Mail Breaking News Headlines for Brisbane and Queensland Co

The Shit Factory reports he was at Suncorp yesterday "hosting a group of corporate companies who paid to attend a guest-speaking event," that the Titans have officially ruled themselves out and that the Broncos have enlisted the help of a "rich businessman who lives near Smith on the Gold Coast to help get a deal across the line."

He was described as being "in a relaxed mood" looking "noticeably lighter," suggesting he hasn't been hitting the gym.

Darren Lockyer said:

“We have a little bit of room in our salary cap for Cam due to some player movements. But it’s a bit like the scenario with Craig Bellamy, we are waiting to see what Cam wants to do. If he decides to play on, he might be an option for us.”

“I honestly don’t know if he is playing on. As much as I have a relationship with Cam from our playing days, he has kept his cards close to his chest. Other than Bart Campbell (Storm powerbroker), I don’t think anyone knows what Cam is going to do. Cam has always kept himself in good condition, so it probably wouldn’t take him long to get back to NRL match fitness, but at this stage we’ve heard nothing from him.”

McHunt

Last edited:
Smith: This guy lives near me, I’ll talk to him. Touché broncos.

Is this article actually insinuating intended salary cap cheating?

A nonce? Really? I have heard nothing like that about him, what a disgusting thing to say (if untrue).
fwiw I just looked it up there is a variation of where that word is used (and the one I am assuming you are referring to) and that's not what I meant. I've just used it in place of bit of a tool etc before.

Last edited:
Smith: This guy lives near me, I’ll talk to him. Touché broncos.

Is this article actually insinuating intended salary cap cheating?
Not literally, no, and not even via innuendo, but it would be easy to read that into it as you've done.

Last edited:
I think he played once.

I'm not sure he even played there once, given Suncorp as we know it today wasn't unveiled until 2003 and he retired in 2001. Prior to that the Reds and Wallabies played at Ballymore and the only Brisbane Test I can recall being elsewhere was the 2001 Lions match played at the Gabba as Ballymore was too small, so I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest he never played there at all.

I'm not sure he even played there once, given Suncorp as we know it today wasn't unveiled until 2003 and he retired in 2001. Prior to that the Reds and Wallabies played at Ballymore and the only Brisbane Test I can recall being elsewhere was the 2001 Lions match played at the Gabba as Ballymore was too small, so I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest he never played there at all.

There was a Bledisloe Cup game at Lang Park in 1996.

He played and was Captain in 1996 verse NZ

He played and was Captain in 1996 verse NZ
There you go, so he was. I honestly couldn't recall a specific Test being played at Lang Park that far back and the ones I can recall were all at Ballymore besides the Lions Test at the Gabba.

There you go, so he was. I honestly couldn't recall a specific Test being played at Lang Park that far back and the ones I can recall were all at Ballymore besides the Lions Test at the Gabba.
I didn't really remember either but I was sure there was at least one game. I looked up the information on the Suncorp Stadium website as I thought they would have info on their statues.

Active Now

• Tim K
  • Waynesaurus
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Allo
  • Mr Fourex
  • Rah88
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Harry Sack
  • Financeguy
  • Brocko
  • Battler
  • broncos4life
  • broncsgoat
  • Fozz
  • Sproj
  • Aldo
  • Galah
  • Mustafur
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Justwin
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.