NEWS Cameron Smith announces retirement

Clues Cameron Smith isn't playing for Brisbane:

1. He's moved to the Gold Coast
2. Has anyone done that drive?

I think Alex Glenn lives on the coast... guessing he must leave at 4am!!

Yes because he was working for us. Dragons don’t have to pay him and if Smith signs he doesn’t get paid for work he hasn’t done for that club either.
Where so you think he'll end up ?

Smith won’t sign with us and risk finishing his career on the bottom of the ladder. If we were in a better position and half a chance for the premiership I reckon he would be already signed and ready for a fairytale finish like Cronk. The club being a fucking shambles and with a brand new wooden spoon is the reason the deal hasn’t and won’t happen. And even though the Tits are looking better, it’s still a big IF on whether they will actually improve to the point where they are competitive in the finals.My money is on either retirement or linking back up with Melbourne when they are relocated again.

Last edited:

Yes , most days and it wouldn't be bad at the time he'd do it. I doubt he lived around the corner from AAMI park.

Smith won’t sign with us and risk finishing his career on the bottom of the ladder. If we were in a better position and half a chance for the premiership I reckon he would be already signed and ready for a fairytale finish like Cronk. The club being a fucking shambles and with a brand new wooden spoon is the reason the deal hasn’t and won’t happen. And even though the Tits are looking better, it’s still a big IF on whether they will actually improve to the point where they are competitive in the finals.My money is on either retirement or linking back up with Melbourne when they are relocated again.

He wouldn't sign with a big club after the shit he put Cronk through. He'd be called out on it, and it would even further ruin his legacy.

I reckon he's stringing everyone along, and will end up a Q-Cup coach in the Titans system while pushing them towards Melbourne.

He wouldn't sign with a big club after the shit he put Cronk through. He'd be called out on it, and it would even further ruin his legacy.

I reckon he's stringing everyone along, and will end up a Q-Cup coach in the Titans system while pushing them towards Melbourne.
Depends on Channel Nine and Fox. Why would he coach little league when he can fulfill his childhood dream of becoming a TV star?

Depends on Channel Nine and Fox. Why would he coach little league when he can fulfill his childhood dream of becoming a TV star?

There is that too I guess. I dunno, I just get the feeling he's moved here now, he's going to want to take a step back and relax. Just my thoughts, fucker will probably end up the third co-captain and Melbourne though.

There is that too I guess. I dunno, I just get the feeling he's moved here now, he's going to want to take a step back and relax. Just my thoughts, fucker will probably end up the third co-captain and Melbourne though.
Well, if he can get paid to be an Assistant Coach in the NRL and a commentator, he should take that option. Both paths are compatible, lucrative and cosy.

Last edited:
Did it for 3 years, its not too bad if you pick the right times BUT you're screwed if you get it wrong (or someone else does). They said they'd sent a limo, I'd send a helicopter.
He won't be doing it 5 times a week during peak hour. They will also prob arrange a place for him to stay on Brisbane if need be.

I'm sure this is unrelated, but now the Titans say they have a spot left in their 30 and over half a million left in their cap:

No chance they have that much left. 6 of their players is close to 5m if you include proctor on say 500k. Assuming Esse and Brimson 400 each, pushes toward 6....Would require a rooster style sombrero cap..

If he signs with us there's no way he finishes at the bottom of the ladder.

Whoever he plays for this year will be a top 4 side.

Unread

Active Now

• Griffo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Broncorob
  • pennywisealfie
  • MrRobot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.