NEWS Cameron Smith announces retirement

Please provide link to the prediction model you're using.

I just don't see it happening. The guy's made 8 figures playing footy and can basically walk into any job he wants at any club. He's made a career of hating the Broncos, why would he change that now for a few hundred thousand extra?

I just don't see it happening. The guy's made 8 figures playing footy and can basically walk into any job he wants at any club. He's made a career of hating the Broncos, why would he change that now for a few hundred thousand extra?
A few hundred dollars extra

I think it could. I don't think he hates the Broncos. Maybe go in to assistant coach role or consultant after he finishes. It might be a great fit given his family have relocated.

I don't know/think it will be at Brisbane, but there's no way this guy is retired. An ego that big will not miss out on a Darren Lockyer-esque retirement tour.

I think he will retire but this saga just makes me dislike this guy more. If he did intend to play on, the arrogance of thinking he can just walk into a team despite not going through a preseason pisses me off. Yes he could probably do so and still be the best 9 option at the broncos or titans, but it would show complete disrespect to the guys who did go through the hard preseason fitness drills etc. To try and earn their spot.

I think he will retire but this saga just makes me dislike this guy more. If he did intend to play on, the arrogance of thinking he can just walk into a team despite not going through a preseason pisses me off. Yes he could probably do so and still be the best 9 option at the broncos or titans, but it would show complete disrespect to the guys who did go through the hard preseason fitness drills etc. To try and earn their spot.
Hardly surprising though is it.

Clues:

1. He's already moved to QLD
2. He hasn't said no to Brisbane.
3. Brisbane has said they want him.
4. Titans have said they don't want him.
5. He's as good as quit the Storm.
6. The Storm need to keep Harry Grant.
7. Kevvie hasn't named a captain.
8. We have the money.
9. Mal was never behind the toilet.

Ball's in his court.

I see where you're coming from ... this late in the season, no club is going to have the spare million free that it would require to sign Smith (at least for the NRL to accept the contract) ... this way they can get him for half a million

Yeah, I have no doubt the NRL would push a Titans/Smith fairytale.

Not just pushing, they're straight up begging for it at this point. It wouldn't surprise me to hear V'Landys is personally delivering brown paper bags right to Cameron's mailbox

Maybe Cameron is just wanting to blueball us one last time for old times sake. Make us grovel and then turn around and go nah like he did every other time. We continue to be the pathetic loser at HS chasing the unattainable 10, maybe this time she'll listen and appreciate me

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Bronx48
  • Johnny92
  • I bleed Maroon
  • KateBroncos1812
  • theshed
  • Bish
  • Xzei
  • broncsgoat
  • jd87
  • Strop
  • kiwi2
  • Waynesaurus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.