NEWS Cameron Smith announces retirement

It was announced there might be an announcement announced from Suncorp Stadium that would announce an announcement that everyone is announcing they know nothing about, although Big Mal did announce that he often announces underhanded announcements behind toilet blocks where he lurks unannounced.
The “unannounced” came from no where. An absolute swerve

Sure, he's a great player. But statues at Suncorp should be for Broncos players. Qld uses the stadium once a year. We have 12 games there.

I get the Beetson statue, that's all good. But to have Smith, who has been public enemy number 1 to the Broncos fan base would be just too much.

I mean, I don't like the bloke. But he is the greatest to play this game, ideally, he has one each end.
Pretty sure they’ve got the template made up already.

Last edited:
Sure, he's a great player. But statues at Suncorp should be for Broncos players. Qld uses the stadium once a year. We have 12 games there.

I get the Beetson statue, that's all good. But to have Smith, who has been public enemy number 1 to the Broncos fan base would be just too much.

Meninga has one too.

I look at Lang Park as the home of Rugby League in QLD. It's a hell of a thing that my team gets to play there too.

Meninga has one too.

I look at Lang Park as the home of Rugby League in QLD. It's a hell of a thing that my team gets to play there too.
This 100%. The Stadium belongs to Queensland and was the home of great deeds in Rugby League for this State long, long before the Broncos were even a twinkle in Paul Morgan's eye.

Last edited:
This is spot on....I remember going there with my father when I was at school. Watching the state trials before the Qld side was picked ( long before SOO ). Interstate games, premierships and in particular Aust v GB matches. All from the terraces on the Eastern side - before a stand was built on that side.
George Lovejoy (Rugby League - the greatest game of all ) calling the games.
Will always be Lang Park to me and home - to the greatest game of all.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Midean
  • Xzei
  • Lurker
  • Mustafur
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.