NEWS Broncos week on Kayo

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
So, thought i'd share, the Courier Mail is advertising Broncos week on Kayo.

starts on Wednesday 17th - Sunday 21st

"25 of the clubs iconic games";
includes all 6 premierships (apparently the 1997 SL GF, hasn't been available to stream in Australia since it was played)
interviews with former greats

I can piece together an itinerary (so to speak from the article)

Wednesday
  • Kevvie Walters
  • 5 rivalry games
  • comeback games against Auckland Warriors 1995 & Canterbury Bulldogs in 2006
  • 3 games against the North Queensland Cowboys

Thursday
  • Alex Glenn
  • Gold Coast Titans 2017
  • Sydney Roosters 2018
  • Manly Sea Eagles (2018? i think)
  • North Queensland Cowboys 2019
  • Paramatta Eels 2019

Friday
  • Corey Parker
  • Broncos inaugural game vs Manly Sea Eagles 1988
  • Lote Tuquiri’s club record 26 points in 2002
  • Our biggest-ever comeback over the Raiders
  • 2006 Grand final vs Melbourne Storm
  • Our Biggest win vs Newcastle in 2007.

Saturday
  • Gordon Tallis (AKA "The Raging Fool)
  • 1992 GF
  • 1993 GF
  • 1997 GF
  • 1998 GF
  • 2000 GF

Sunday
  • Past an present Broncos Legends
  • 5 of Darren Lockyers standout games

**** sake, they must have some rare games that aren't on dvd or shown every other week.

They’ve put the 2015 Grand Final on in the rivalries section. Also it looks like all of these have been put on at once?

They’ve put the 2015 Grand Final on in the rivalries section. Also it looks like all of these have been put on at once?
Have they got the Lockyer games up? What did they end up picking?

Have they got the Lockyer games up? What did they end up picking?

Typical fare. 08 Eels. 06 Origin etc.

99 Roosters was cool, watched it today.

Kind of weird to put games we lost up on Broncos week, but okay. It's just the rotation they've had for years on Kayo.

I'm pretty sure they've played that '99 Roosters game on FoxLeague at some point as well.

NRL.com has updated their website to include a 2013-14 section for match listings. You can already access matches as far back as the 2009 Grand Final, I hope we start to see those older seasons in the coming months.

VS Dragons in 2011
Origin game 3 2006
VS Roosters prelim in 1998
VS Eels in 2008
VS Roosters in 1999

that origin game seems a bit lazy to be honest
Should have had the game against the Bears in 1998 where Lockyer bounced back in brilliant form after a shocker match for Australia. Think that was the same match Petero made his debut too!

If they were going to dip into non-Broncos games, how about 'the most dominant performance by a player in the history of the game' according to Bob Fulton?

Should have had the game against the Bears in 1998 where Lockyer bounced back in brilliant form after a shocker match for Australia. Think that was the same match Petero made his debut too!
That would have meant these guys would have had to put in effort, but instead we get the same games we’ve all seen on Fox Sports before.

Would I be correct in thinking Fox Sports only own the rights to the games they showed during these years. Weren’t they only showing games on Saturdays during the 2000’s? So they’d barely have any of our games anyway?

That would have meant these guys would have had to put in effort, but instead we get the same games we’ve all seen on Fox Sports before.

Would I be correct in thinking Fox Sports only own the rights to the games they showed during these years. Weren’t they only showing games on Saturdays during the 2000’s? So they’d barely have any of our games anyway?
I don't think so because they would have to pay licensing fees everytime they roll out old footage of past players.

I'd imagine it's more about having to touch up the image quality of the games and in some cases cutting them down to fit an hour time-slot. It's just too much time and effort to do for thousands of games so they've picked the best 100 or so and played them ad nauseum. Most of them have been on streaming services for years.

Last edited:
Watching the Preliminary final against the Dogs from 1993 on youtube and Alann Cann has just scored the winning try with a barnstorming tank run under the posts with the famous call from rabs "Somebody stop him he will run out of the stadium!" One of the best and toughest finals the Broncos have been in. Worthy of inclusion.

Last edited:

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Jedhead
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Fitzy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • bb_gun
  • Harry Sack
  • broncsgoat
  • IceWorks
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Strop
  • I bleed Maroon
  • ostin86
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.