SPLIT BroncosHQ Member and Site Discussion

KickHaas

BRL Player
Ive lurked a lot here over the years..remained silent on a lot of stuff...got banned due to my opinion about the trio toilet twist a few years back...but in all that time, there has never been a time, as now, where I am a fan of all the opinions, input, thought and overall quality of posts as a whole, than I am now..not sure who developed the site..maintains it overall..but kudos to you ..or them... Thanks for all your time, thanks for all your opinions, Makes my downtime after the stuff at my work each day so much better..go the broncos!...our start hasn't been the best but early days and we will be in the 4 come the season end.

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
Ive lurked a lot here over the years..remained silent on a lot of stuff...got banned due to my opinion about the trio toilet twist a few years back...but in all that time, there has never been a time, as now, where I am a fan of all the opinions, input, thought and overall quality of posts as a whole, than I am now..not sure who developed the site..maintains it overall..but kudos to you ..or them... Thanks for all your time, thanks for all your opinions, Makes my downtime after the stuff at my work each day so much better..go the broncos!...our start hasn't been the best but early days and we will be in the 4 come the season end.
While us staff have helped out, we can honestly only point you in the direction of the one guy who can take credit for it all.

broncos4life broncos4life

Tom

State of Origin Rep
Posters used to get banned for their opinions on here?

Porthoz

International Captain
Staff
Only if that opinion includes slander that could get BHQ is serious trouble, which would have been the case if my memory serves me well.

Regardless, we do not discuss moderation in the public forums, so let's move on, thanks!

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
I got banned many years ago for, get this, saying great things about a player !!! No, there was no nastiness, I was a much nicer happier bloke back then but I passionately believed that a tough motherfucker queenslander could do a job for us in state of origin. I wasn't putting shit on people, wasn't telling them how smart I thought I was, wasn't correcting english, no I was simply and stoutly defending the guys credentials and highlighting his abilities and staggering stats. He was .1 of a percent behind the world's number one prop at the time, Steve Price.

I was told I couldn't mention his name on this forum in the State of Origin thread!

I was banned when I bucked the ruling. When allowed back I was told I could only mention his name if he was selected for Qld which the Overlord Coxy (I called him Mr Lix) said would never ever happen.

Well it happened, I rejoiced and again highlighted his worthiness.
State of Origin then happened and my man was sensational, I was exultant and after months(years actually) of abuse about this player I had the ultimate 'told you so'

The player was Danny Nutley.

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
I got banned many years ago for, get this, saying great things about a player !!! No, there was no nastiness, I was a much nicer happier bloke back then but I passionately believed that a tough motherfucker queenslander could do a job for us in state of origin. I wasn't putting shit on people, wasn't telling them how smart I thought I was, wasn't correcting english, no I was simply and stoutly defending the guys credentials and highlighting his abilities and staggering stats. He was .1 of a percent behind the world's number one prop at the time, Steve Price.

I was told I couldn't mention his name on this forum in the State of Origin thread!

I was banned when I bucked the ruling. When allowed back I was told I could only mention his name if he was selected for Qld which the Overlord Coxy (I called him Mr Lix) said would never ever happen.

State of Origin then happened and my man was sensational, I was exultant and after months(years actually) of abuse about this player I had the ultimate 'told you so'

Oh wow. A Sharks player. Why am I not surprised. If you mentioned him as much as Tagataese I can understand why you were told to zip it.

Donald Garner

QCup Player

What happened to coxy? I haven’t seen him post on here in so long

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane

I don't recall what you were banned for back then, but certainly, that team back then was very ban happy. I like to think we fixed it.

I do dispute your first bit. CF was just as stubborn and grumpy back then!

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
What happened to coxy? I haven’t seen him post on here in so long
He left the site when his life got in the way of things. He's now a super pro cycling wanker. I don't call him a wanker because he's a cyclist, I call him a wanker because he refuses to see any other argument on the topic, hates cars, hates drivers, while he drives his ass to work in a car. He used to be a good guy, but his cycling stuff has turned him into a massive, hypocritical wanker, and he can't see it.

Renegade

NRL Captain
Can I say, the one thing that is missing from back then is the gender diversity. Not as diverse any more.
why do you think that is? why don't the wimenz wanna talk FOOTBALL

but you're right, there were a lot more back on the old forum before we migrated.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
What females have we lost?

Flutterby
Schmix
Playboy Bunny
Winter Blue
Rach
Sib
Bec
Kris

mrslong

State of Origin Rep
Patriots Nation
I have no idea. The only reason I sort of stayed on board was because of the fantasy league. After I had the kids it was the only time I logged on, now that they're at school and I'm in the office full time I guess I have filtered back into the footy discussion forums.

The interesting thing is why no new chicks to replace the old ones? Maybe twitter is where the footy loving females prefer to spend their time? These modern young kids and their social medias.

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
I don't recall what you were banned for back then, but certainly, that team back then was very ban happy. I like to think we fixed it.

I do dispute your first bit. CF was just as stubborn and grumpy back then!
Ha ha, no. You were way way younger and ultrasure you were right about anything and everything. It's true we've both changed, me a little less and you a lot more. You've matured and realised the benefits of gathering
some wisdom. CF was a name change forced by circumstances and I was always Huge first, for quite a few years before I briefly was CF. Knowing my real name you can see where Huge comes from. The fact I am a big mother just fits. Once big and scary , now big and fat!

Coxy was a dictatorial prick and he was wrong when it came to that particular player. As one poster said at the time, it was the biggest 'I told you so' in BHQ history. I didn't get any support from other posters either, or perhaps there was one or two, maybe. Coxy called Nutley a sawn off runt and that he'd never play origin and he wasn't good enough.

History will show that fewer were ever as ferocious, passionate and committed as he was that night. The best forward on the park in a beaten side. He should have been picked years before.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Ha ha, no. You were way way younger and ultrasure you were right about anything and everything. It's true we've both changed, me a little less and you a lot more. You've matured and realised the benefits of gathering
some wisdom. CF was a name change forced by circumstances and I was always Huge first, for quite a few years before I briefly was CF. Knowing my real name you can see where Huge comes from. The fact I am a big mother just fits. Once big and scary , now big and fat!

Coxy was a dictatorial prick and he was wrong when it came to that particular player. As one poster said at the time, it was the biggest 'I told you so' in BHQ history. I didn't get any support from other posters either, or perhaps there was one or two, maybe. Coxy called Nutley a sawn off runt and that he'd never play origin and he wasn't good enough.

History will show that fewer were ever as ferocious, passionate and committed as he was that night. The best forward on the park in a beaten side. He should have been picked years before.
I remember your old profile picture. Will admit, you were a scary looking dude if that was you!

I copped a lot of shit for dismantling that admin team, I'm just glad it all worked out!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter