BroncosHQ Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Howdy gang,

BroncosHQ has made much progress over the last year and continues to grow. The forums have gone from being fairly quiet and lacklustre, to a beehive of activity, with new discussions popping up every day, and whole bunch of views and opinions being put forward.

We want to keep moving BroncosHQ forward and make it one of the best sports forums on the whole internetz! The Brisbane Broncos are Australia's most popular sports team, yet BroncosHQ has less members than a lot of other Australian sports team forums. Obviously there are a multitude of reasons for this, but with such a big audience out there to appeal to, we want to keep on doing our best to attract new users, new opinions and hopefully make BroncosHQ a bigger and better community for our members.

So, that brings me to the point of this thread - we've decided it's time that BroncosHQ had its own dedicated logo. There are a lot of ways for us to source a logo, but firstly, we want to open it up to you guys - our members - by way of a competition. This is how it'll work:

1. Read the brief below
2. Design an awesome logo
3. Submit your logo to one of the admins via PM
4. Depending on numbers, polls will be held to narrow down the entries to two logos
5. The two logos will go head to head in a battle of death
6. Winner will receive a polo shirt in their size with the logo printed on (for free obviously!) as well as a one year BHQ Contributor+ subscription

Guys, it is IMPORTANT THAT I STRESS THE FOLLOWING - we might not decide to use the winning logo as our logo after the competition ends for a host of reasons BUT, you will still receive both prizes - AND if we do decide to use your logo as our dedicated BroncosHQ logo, you'll also receive a $25 cash prize! It's not much, but if we're going to use something you designed to help build our brand, then you deserve some kind of reward!

If you don't want to enter the comp, that's cool, but we'd still like to hear your opinion on what our logo should look like, so post every damn idea you can think of!

THE BRIEF
- Must have BroncosHQ.com in text
- Cannot have 'Brisbane Broncos' in the text
- Incorporate maroon and gold colours
- Needs to represent the Broncos in some way
- Any Brisbane Broncos logos are not to be used, past and present
- Needs to be basic colour styles so it can be used both digitally, and physically with embroidery an option
- Cannot incorporate a photo
Entries close in four weeks.

Any questions or clarification needed, ask away.

Thanks gang. :handshake:

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Re: COMPETITION - BroncosHQ Logo Design

Also guys, while I'm high on life, let me just say how great the past year has been on BHQ (even though our team is the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked).

I've really enjoyed the influx of new opinions from all of our new members. You're a great bunch of people, and I feel like BHQ is becoming much more of a community again - like it was back in the mid-2000s.

Keep it up gang, I love all of you. :proud:

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!

Is it one entry per person or can we present multiple entries ?
Mate, you can enter as many times as you want.

But, if you submit more than two entries, the admin team will vote to determine your best two entries to put forward for polling - to go up against all the other entries. :handshake:

I'm in. Anyone got a free version of MS Word they can lend me?

soup

State of Origin Rep

Please please please tell me you knew I was joking....
Morkel, you obviously know nothing about Graphic Design, every designer worth anything knows the industry standard is MS Publisher, and MS Frontpage for web design.

U n00b

:behindsofa:

Last edited:

Morkel, you obviously know nothing about Graphic Design, every designer worth anything knows the industry standard is MS Publisher, and MS Frontpage for web design.
Man, I'm way out of the loop. I've been manually changing hyperlinks to blue like a sucker!

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!

Right then, consider this thread closed for now.

Stay tuned.

Brisbane

So it's been a while here.....

We now have approval for the winning design, and we will put the logo up soon. There has been a small hint on the forums for the last month or so.

Stay tuned!

soup

State of Origin Rep

Looking forward to seeing Morkel's masterpiece.

...Off to look for said hint, using my best Axel Foley impression ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.