BroncosHQ Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I'm going to close this thread while I'm not in a position to respond to it. If you do find issues, please contact myself, another member of staff, or open a thread in staff chat.

If I don't respond, I'm not being rude.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I am seeing some issues again with the advertising at the top of the website. Please bear with me, I am trying to get it fixed.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
BroncosHQ requires a reboot. That will occur shortly and will cause the site to be offline for approximately 5 minutes.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Issue: There is an issue with posting YouTube videos at the moment. This is being looked into for a fix.

There was an issue with POTS voting which has been fixed.
I have removed the padding on the left and right sides of the forums when browsing on mobile

-----------------------
I have seen on at least 5 occasions both public and private that people do not like how the website displays on a mobile device. As of today, I am yet to receive any information from anyone regarding issues with the theme, what they don't like, or how the design could be improved.

At the end of today I will be closing off our theme as completed to focus on some issues, and restoring some missing functionality.

If you have any feedback regarding our design, please open a thread in Staff Chat, or PM me directly.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I'm still attemping to fix an issue with large advertising on some screen resolutions. We are about one email off swearing at the developer.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
If you are seeing large advertising at the top of the website (IE: A long ad at the top of the right hand side bar) - Could you please contact me and let me know your screen resolution.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
While I haven't seen any reports of issues, I am still seeing advertising problems myself on desktop and mobile. The issues are not showing as a problem on larger resolutions.

I am working with the developer of the software that displays the advertising. While we have not found a cause at the moment, they are working on an update with a possible solution, I'm hoping they have that out the door within the next 24 - 48 hours.

To be clear. The advertising some of you are seeing should not be the large size that it is. I note on mobile a lot of people are seeing large square advertising, this is not normal either.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Over the next 24 - 48 hours you may see some features disappear, then reappear a few times on BroncosHQ. We are attempting to isolate the issue mentioned above.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
It looks like we have finally found the cause of the issues with the advertising. Note, that the majority (or most) will not have seen any issues. For those who have seen the issues, they will know what I'm talking about here.

If you are having the issues, please let me know.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Just because everything is breaking, you may have noticed the New Posts menu link was broken in the top menu. I've thrown a bandaid on that while I work out what broke.

The link at the bottom is still bad unfortunately.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Some people are reporting a permission based error when accessing some threads (Seems to be the Matt Lodge thread as most common).

This same error is occurring on the BHQ app and TapaTalk.

I've made some changes, and will monitor it over the next hour or so. If anyone has issues, please contact me directly, or open a thread in staff chat. I need to know the following information when you report this issue;

What thread?
Were you opening to read, or posting a reply?
What mobile phone / PC browser were you using?
Has it happened before?

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Just a coupe of small changes to BHQ today to try and make it easier to get to Broncos content with less clicking and searching.

At the top of the front page, you will now see a slider with some of the more popular and current discussions surrounding different Broncos news.

On the right, you will see a couple of new boxes depending on where you find yourself on the site. The slider makes an appearance there on every page except the home page. And there is now a list showing most recent posts, filtered only by our two News prefixes (NEWS / OFFICIAL).

Any feedback is appreciated.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
BHQ is now running on the new server. There are some more changes to be made in regard to resource allocations to BHQ itself. That will be completed today too, and we shouldn't be down as long when that occurs.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I'm really sorry about the super shit ads at the moment. We have moved providers as Google are being assholes, so now we are in a period of confirming numbers before we will be given any decent advertising inventory.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
It was bought to my attention that one of the replacement ads between the posts and threads was going stupid, and repeating itself a number of times. For some reason, it was not adhering to the style I placed on it, but it was playing nice on my end.

If you see any advertising that looks like it shouldn't be there, looks plain wrong, or horrible, please contact me ASAP.

My intention is never to bombard this website with advertising, or make advertising annoying. Ever. I will never display huge ugly ads, and if you see them, chances are something is wrong.

I understand some of the ads displayed lately are pure shit. Unfortunately, it takes some time when moving suppliers for our numbers to start rolling in to see value in placing ads on BHQ.

Unfortunately Google AdSense is not playing ball with us at the moment, so I've got no choice but to try different suppliers. I've already removed three different companies codes from the site, as the advertising offered was just awful.

Apologies for this, but I am doing everything in my power to make them look normal again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter